Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Good to hear. I'm thinking of this model, and got a rrp price from Myer Canberra City ($4299). Just wondering if there's any chance of getting an email of a receipt or a name of a Myer Salesperson in Syd/Melb in order for Myer Canb to match prices.

Any help would be appreciated

I will be picking up my new LA46F81 today.

Price was $3200 from Myer Indooroopilly in Brisbane.

I used my Myer One membership for extra bonus.

I was also surprised they didn't mention the free Samsung 26" TV which is a big selling point and swayed me towards the Samsung over the 46" x series Sony (as well as 3yr warranty and better price)

They still have some in stock in the warehouse so anyone interested go and see Kevin asap.

Will give you my thoughts after I have it all setup.

Hey buddy,

I just spoke to Kevin and he confirmed $3200 for me. You're a champ.

Myer seem to have (plenty) stock in their Altona warehouse. They'll deliver anywhere around Melbourne within 48 hours. Any store should do.

I bought my 46F81 yesterday from Myer Knox (joseph). He came straight out with $3200 after I rattled off other prices I'd gleaned from this website. He threw in delivery when I asked, and he made sure I knew all about the freebie panel offer.

It's supposed to arrive tomorrow ...

Good to hear. I'm thinking of this model, and got a rrp price from Myer Canberra City ($4299). Just wondering if there's any chance of getting an email of a receipt or a name of a Myer Salesperson in Syd/Melb in order for Myer Canb to match prices.

Any help would be appreciated

Just Pm'd you with details

I bought mine at Myer Chadstone for $3305 delivered, arriving tomorrow.

To the person enquiring about Myer Melbourne city store, you may be hard pressed to get under $3400. The manager gave me a tough time and did not want to match $3270 (excluding delivery). Granted, I did cancel my first order for $3400 and four days later tried to get him to match the cheaper price, even after I faxed him a copy of an original quote.

If you don't have any luck, try a different Myer! They should all be willing to do between $3200 and $3300.

Hey all,

I'm eager to buy one of these today.

I'm closest to Myer Chadstone, so if you have made a purchase and can provide me

a first name of the salesman and the deal you got i'd be appreciative.

Thanks

Chris

If you quote the person at Myer the prices from the other Myer stores such as the $3200 from Myer Knox and the $3305 at Myer Chadstone then you should be able to do a deal at either of these prices or within these prices. Obviously you want and try and get the $3200 if possible. Either price is very good especially as Myer seem to have locked out other retailers by buying the first stock of the 46" F81's...

many people seem to be buying the 46", has anyone picked up a 40" in the last few days?

what was the best price? has anyone improved on $2699? (the GameOn price)

does anyone know if they are suffering from the same stock availability problems (ie. Myer buying the whole lot!) that the 46" buyers are facing?

Thanks.

My living room's now 50" smaller after the 50C9 arrived yesterday. Noice!

I've read it somewhere in here, but could some-one re-post or direct me to some 'best setup of connections' for this unit with Foxtel (scart/component/composite), DVD (component/S-Video Out), Digital TV... etc...

Has anyone come across a 52" yet as that is what I am after?

Any idea of pricing on a 52"?

When I was shopping around originally I was quoted around the $5500 mark but obviously this was with no stock around and once they are available I would expect deals under this to be done. I was also told stock was due by 2nd week of December, I didn't go further with this so I don't know if they are now available or if the delivery date is accurate. I settled on a 46".

Bah mine was supposed to arrive this morning so I took the morning off work. Still hadn't come at 12 so I rang and found out it was due to be delivered between 1pm and 5pm. I had to go to work so I reschedueled it. Now it's coming "some time on Saturday". Great, now I have to stay home all bloody day Saturday waiting. I hate couriers!!

Hey buddy,

I just spoke to Kevin and he confirmed $3200 for me. You're a champ.

Glad I could help :)

Just a hint for people if they are picking there new TV up themselves : I thought it would fit in my Madza 3 hatch but apparently they have to be kept upright because of how they are packed so I now have to go borrow a ute and pick up later today :(

Hey guys

Just picked up mine today from the Melb GB organised by Doug.

The panel is really good, but the picture coming out is really bad at the moment, it seems all pixelated with horizontal lines coming through.

I've played around with all the picture settings but still can't get it any better.

And its definitely not the source. I checked on foxtel, USB hi-def pictures and FTA on the HD channels all the same.

Even the menu colours are like this...

Wondering if anybody else has had any problems???

Cheers

Hi all

Any chance of a name of a saleperson that you guys used in Myer's in Syd or Melb (Myer Canberra City want to do a check for the prices you seem to be getting for the 46").

I got quoted $4299, which is their rrp, and after the check he's happy to match your unbelievable prices.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I found that Myer Canberra City would only match $3300 however Myer at Tuggers matched the $3200 (delivery extra $35) however I was told that there is not stock left in the Sydney Warehouse and that next delivery is mid January. Hopefully Canberra Myers can also draw on the Melbourne warehouse which seems to have stock left..........

Cheers

Have you tried turning the Auto Motion Plus 100Hz to off as this can cause some picture problems..

Yep tried that too!

As I said i've played around with every picture setting...nothing makes those lines go away.

Even the colours are all stuffed. Its like it can't display the full range of colours (like on a computer screen when it changes to 256 colours instead of 32-bit)

Not happy so far :angry:

Edited by fake64

Glad I could help :)

Just a hint for people if they are picking there new TV up themselves : I thought it would fit in my Madza 3 hatch but apparently they have to be kept upright because of how they are packed so I now have to go borrow a ute and pick up later today :(

Hmm...I am going now to the shops to order mine on the Bing Lee 50 months interest free offer... I was hoping the TV would fit in my Mazda 6 Hatch..I will make sure to check this with the salesguy.

Stinger723, who told you that this TV has to be kept upright? I checked packaging for one of these at Bing Lee and it has good thermocol padding around the LCD and the guys at Bing lee were taping it up (the last display model on the floor for a customer) and put it upside down and packaged it... Let me know as it will save me $40 for delivery

Yep tried that too!

As I said i've played around with every picture setting...nothing makes those lines go away.

Even the colours are all stuffed. Its like it can't display certain colours (like on a computer screen when it changes to 256 colours instead of 32-bit)

Not happy so far :angry:

What about unplugging one by one what you have connected to it just in case a piece of equipment is causing this. Make sure you turn the tv off whilst you do this...I'll have another look through the book...

Hey all,

Finally bit the bullet and ordered mine today.

Decided to by from Myer (Knox) only cause the leg work had been done,

and all i had to do was go in and pay... thanks Deadlyone.

I ended up getting it for $3200 plus weekend delivery of $55.

I was going to push harder for free delivery... but was happy enough at that price.

Just wanted to get it asap and i missed the Friday delivery time.

The salesman Joseph was really helpful, and i mentioned 'an internet friend' aka DTV Forums

had told me about this awesome deal.

He seemed keen that i let 'my friends' know.

So feel free to say a 'friend' sent you <g>

Cheers

Chris