Sign in to follow this  
skouta

New Samsung F81 Series

Hi, some people have requested a Samsung F81 thread so here it is, please post your comments on the new Samsung F81 series here. Tell us how they are going, how they look, how they perform, best pricing, any problems, and questions etc...etc...

Bought 1 today delivery Friday.. $3350 - The funny thing was none of the Staff at Myer knew anything about the free 26" panel.

what a deal.

Bought 1 today delivery Friday.. $3350 - The funny thing was none of the Staff at Myer knew anything about the free 26" panel.

what a deal.

The 26" by redemption was part of the reason I purchased from Myer. As they were virtually the only retailer I could find with stock of the 46" F81 I thought I would buy and claim the redemption asap as it is first in first out and whilst stock lasts. So even though I probably could have received a better deal elsewhere, Myer had the stock so they got the deal...

Does anyone know if the serial number on the receipt under "item number" or do we have to wait and get it from the back of the tv?

I bought this yesterday from Myer for $3250 include delivery. the salesman also offer me another 2 years warranty for another extra $350. Should i get the extra warranty or? $350 is quite expensive. Is that worthed or not to get the extra warranty?

How long is the standard warranty period you get with the TV when you buy it?

3 yrs

I bought this yesterday from Myer for $3250 include delivery. the salesman also offer me another 2 years warranty for another extra $350. Should i get the extra warranty or? $350 is quite expensive. Is that worthed or not to get the extra warranty?

Which Myer?

Does the F8 46" have a swivel/tilt stand?

I will be picking up my new LA46F81 today.

Price was $3200 from Myer Indooroopilly in Brisbane.

I used my Myer One membership for extra bonus.

I was also surprised they didn't mention the free Samsung 26" TV which is a big selling point and swayed me towards the Samsung over the 46" x series Sony (as well as 3yr warranty and better price)

They still have some in stock in the warehouse so anyone interested go and see Kevin asap.

Will give you my thoughts after I have it all setup.

Does anyone know if the serial number on the receipt under "item number" or do we have to wait and get it from the back of the tv?

You can still complete the redemption on line and fax through your receipt without the serial number. It asks you to put a * in the serial number section and then you can update once the tv has arrived. I did this and then updated yesterday when tv arrived. The serial number on the back of my tv was not on my store paperwork and even the serial number on the box the TV came with was different to the back of the TV. The back of the tv had an extra letter at the end of the serial number that the box did not...

any news on when the 52" will be available

Last night I whacked in a standard dvd movie (Return of the Jedi) to see how it fared on the F46. Guys all I can say the issue of LCD can't replicate black as good as plasma has been put to rest!

At the scene leading to and the actual duel of Darth Vader Vs Skywalker in the Emperors room on the Death Star, the Blackness of it all was so rich and vibrant in particular Darth Vaders Suit. UnFuc***believable.

Another scene I was most impressed was when the fighters had entered the tunneling system of the death star to destroy the main energy source. Hardly no blurness could be detected when you see the planes flying alongside the metal construction parts of the tunneling system.

All this from a panasonic dvd combo player using a rgb connection to the tv.(By using a SCART cable increase better picture quality perhaps?)

My settings on the L46 as of last night and used to watch Return of the Jedi were:

Mode: Dynamic

Contrast: 69

Brightness: 45

Sharpness: 56

Colour: 55

Tint(G/R): G50/R50

Colourtime: COOL1

Backlight: 10

Size: 16:9

DigitalNR: 0FF

Active Colour: ON

Auto Motion Plus 100hz: OFF

DNle: ON

You can still complete the redemption on line and fax through your receipt without the serial number. It asks you to put a * in the serial number section and then you can update once the tv has arrived. I did this and then updated yesterday when tv arrived. The serial number on the back of my tv was not on my store paperwork and even the serial number on the box the TV came with was different to the back of the TV. The back of the tv had an extra letter at the end of the serial number that the box did not...

man, thanks for the info, appreciate.

I was also surprised they didn't mention the free Samsung 26" TV which is a big selling point and swayed me towards the Samsung over the 46" x series Sony (as well as 3yr warranty and better price)

The guy in Myer Doncaster Vic knew about it, he even shows me the internal communication about the bonus when I asked him if Myer is qualified for the redemption because they are not in the drop down box.

EXCITING mine should arrive in the next 3 hours, pitty I dont get home from work until 6pm.

actually I feel a sorethroat/headache/pain in my leg coming on :P hahahaha

can't wait for some PS3 action :D

3313 from Myer inc delivery, not sure what I get from MyerOne :) Will be filling in the redeam form asap as well!

The guy in Myer Doncaster Vic knew about it, he even shows me the internal communication about the bonus when I asked him if Myer is qualified for the redemption because they are not in the drop down box.

In the drop down box you select "Other" in the where you purchased from. Myer didn't have the literature on display but they knew about the promo...

Edited by skouta

bacco,

I'd like to ask what your viewing conditions are like. The M81 screen is quite reflective, is the F81 the same?

Do you have conventional overhead ambient lighting, windows, etc bouncing reflections off the screen?

Hi all

Any chance of a name of a saleperson that you guys used in Myer's in Syd or Melb (Myer Canberra City want to do a check for the prices you seem to be getting for the 46").

I got quoted $4299, which is their rrp, and after the check he's happy to match your unbelievable prices.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

bacco,

I'd like to ask what your viewing conditions are like. The M81 screen is quite reflective, is the F81 the same?

Do you have conventional overhead ambient lighting, windows, etc bouncing reflections off the screen?

Hey coffee78,

To tell you the truth, I haven't really noticed any bouncing reflections but to be fair, The screen isn't ideally situated. It's currently on the floor. Reason is I have this gigantic huge entertainment unit, that needs to be pulled apart and removed from its location so that I can situate the screen on the wall. The room is conventially lit up with about 14 downlights covering the whole lounge room area with the option of dimming them down whenever needed. Approx 4.5 metres to the left of where the screen is currently situated and where it would be situated is a large window pane approx 3.5m by 2m with heaps of sunlight coming through. Watching the movie yesterday evening at around 6:00pm I wasn't annoyed nor distracted by natural lighting hitting or bouncing of the frame.

If anything the only annoyance if somewhat would be the blue Led on the bottom of the screen as it could be distracting especially when you notice it then its in your bloody head and you keep on looking at it from time to time when watching something! The option is there to turn off the LED light.

Hey all,

I'm eager to buy one of these today.

What is the best price thus far (for Melbourne).

Is the JB Hifi deal at $3290 excl delivery organized by another member here the best,

or is the Myer deal better which includes delivery? I think the best Myer price was 3400?

I'm closest to Myer Chadstone, so if you have made a purchase and can provide me

a first name of the salesman and the deal you got i'd be appreciative.

Thanks

Chris

Hey coffee78,

To tell you the truth, I haven't really noticed any bouncing reflections but to be fair, The screen isn't ideally situated. It's currently on the floor. Reason is I have this gigantic huge entertainment unit, that needs to be pulled apart and removed from its location so that I can situate the screen on the wall. The room is conventially lit up with about 14 downlights covering the whole lounge room area with the option of dimming them down whenever needed. Approx 4.5 metres to the left of where the screen is currently situated and where it would be situated is a large window pane approx 3.5m by 2m with heaps of sunlight coming through. Watching the movie yesterday evening at around 6:00pm I wasn't annoyed nor distracted by natural lighting hitting or bouncing of the frame.

If anything the only annoyance if somewhat would be the blue Led on the bottom of the screen as it could be distracting especially when you notice it then its in your bloody head and you keep on looking at it from time to time when watching something! The option is there to turn off the LED light.

So what are they like watching FTA?

So what are they like watching FTA?

Excuse my ignorance guys... not that acronym savvy yet...

FTA stands for?

Excuse my ignorance guys... not that acronym savvy yet...

FTA stands for?

Free To Air