Panasonic Pz700 1080p Owners Thread.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there!,

this is my first post to this site and i was wondering if anyone knows when panny will be shipping new stock of 50pz700a,have been told anywhere from mid jan to end of feb. I was hoping not to wait too long for it. I'll be running my dvd's through a panny sc-pt550,does anybody have one of these? I think it does upscaling. this will be my 1st plasma so i'm hoping the picture will be as good as everyone has been saying here.

I bought on the 16 of Dec from HN, they said it'll be delivered around mid-Jan, I called them last Thursday and they told me that Panasonic had contacted them today to say the tvs had arrived in Australia and that I should have it in 1-1.5 weeks. I assume this means they're somewhere like Sydney or Melb. and just have to be distributed to the various stores/states.

I expect a fair of this stock will have already been sold, especially in Adelaide where supply seems much more limited than on the eastern seaboard. Hope this helps.

I bought on the 16 of Dec from HN, they said it'll be delivered around mid-Jan, I called them last Thursday and they told me that Panasonic had contacted them today to say the tvs had arrived in Australia and that I should have it in 1-1.5 weeks. I assume this means they're somewhere like Sydney or Melb. and just have to be distributed to the various stores/states.

I expect a fair of this stock will have already been sold, especially in Adelaide where supply seems much more limited than on the eastern seaboard. Hope this helps.

That sounds alot better than end of feb. Hope one of those is mine :unsure:

Cheers guys, thanx for the replys.

Hi there!, this is my first post to this site and i was wondering if anyone knows when panny will be shipping new stock of 50pz700a,have been told anywhere from mid jan to end of feb.

I have one on order from Myer in Melbourne. I was told Myer has 99 due in nationally on 11 Jan — this Friday. When I got my order in, I was number 54 on the list!

I've noticed the PQ in my PZ is a little bit soft when compared to watching it through the SD STB (toppy). In fact the toppy on 7 equals 7HD on TV. Adjustments seem to make little difference. It's still a good picture but I just wonder if it couldn't be better.

Talked to salesman @ HN today looks like I missed out on this shipment :( he says I have to wait till mid feb but can't promise anything :angry:

P.S If anyone knows of a HN that has extra stock please let me know, (wishfull thinking!)

Edited by digitool

Talked to salesman @ HN today looks like I missed out on this shipment :( he says I have to wait till mid feb but can't promise anything :angry:

P.S If anyone knows of a HN that has extra stock please let me know, (wishfull thinking!)

Don't know where all you people live, but I bought one from the Good Guys South Nowra NSW 2 weeks ago - $3200 with free surge protector thrown in. They still had another 4 in stock. Harvey Norman across the road had it ticketed at $3999, no comparison!

regards

KTF.

If you're in Adelaide, they're all out of stock, I bought mine on Dec 16, from HN and I'm still waiting!!! Any day now...

Noticed a very early post complaining about the remote - very narrow range a lot of the time. Is this common. Know I had a DVD player with this problem and its very infuriating, then it died and was replaced with a new one and that remote was fine.

Also, I have an LG PVR and hate how you cant edit out stations in the program list, have to go thru 3 ch 7's to get to Ch9 etc. Can you delete stations in the list so you can just cycle thru CH2,7,9,10,SBS etc?

Noticed a very early post complaining about the remote - very narrow range a lot of the time. Is this common. Know I had a DVD player with this problem and its very infuriating, then it died and was replaced with a new one and that remote was fine.

Also, I have an LG PVR and hate how you cant edit out stations in the program list, have to go thru 3 ch 7's to get to Ch9 etc. Can you delete stations in the list so you can just cycle thru CH2,7,9,10,SBS etc?

I have not noticed any problem with the remote from up to 5 metres away.

You can allocate scanned stations into favourites, e.g. one list for one each of the strongest SD services, a 2nd for HD etc, and select from there. Alternatively, I believe you can delete individual unwanted signals (I have only used this to get rid of analogue signals), but presume works for weak or duplicated digital signals as well.

Hope that helps.

KTF.

Do the 4 fans along the top rear of your 42PZ700A run all the time the TV is on?

Are they thermatic, turning off when not required or are they meant to be on all the time?

Are yours audible?

If this has already been done to death in another thread, apologies, I couldn't find it by searching.

Guest cemalley
Do the 4 fans along the top rear of your 42PZ700A run all the time the TV is on?

Are they thermatic, turning off when not required or are they meant to be on all the time?

Are yours audible?

If this has already been done to death in another thread, apologies, I couldn't find it by searching.

I don't know about the 42 but I have never heard the fans in my 50 and the rest of the family don't even know they are there so if noise is your concern I would not worry too much.

I don't know about the 42 but I have never heard the fans in my 50 and the rest of the family don't even know they are there so if noise is your concern I would not worry too much.

They've probably been running the same since I got it at Xmas and I just noticed them last night when things were quiet.

Do the fans in your 50 run all the time the TV is on?

the remote i find on mine is a pain as well very limited range

one thing i have noticed recently..

i fell asleep infront of the tv the other night, but before i fell asleep on the couch i turned the tv off

now i woke up in the middle of the night, and i could hear the tv like trying to turn on/off kinda noise, u know that clicking noise you get when you turn the tv on / off

i never heard this noise before.... is there something faulty with my set? is it trying to turn on/off? is the switch faulty? or is it just "crackling noise" which i think i read about somewhere before, it states its NORMAL?

let me know before i get worried and call a techie out

cheers

-mark

They've probably been running the same since I got it at Xmas and I just noticed them last night when things were quiet.

Do the fans in your in your 42PZ700A run all the time the TV is on?

Panasonic say they are "thermostatically controlled" and will come on when required.

Mine seem to run all the time at a low speed.

Anyone else tell me what theirs does?

Was wondering whether anyone has ever measured what the true current consumption is of the TH42PZ700A under normal viewing conditions. I know it says the max power consumption in the manual is 535w but it doesn't say under what circumstances this is achieved. Therefore was wondering what the unit draws just watching free air with standard settings etc.

Panasonic say they are "thermostatically controlled" and will come on when required.

Mine seem to run all the time at a low speed.

Anyone else tell me what theirs does?

Delete reference.

From Panasonic;

"Thank you for taking the time to contact Panasonic with your enquiry.

Sorry, a little bit of incorrect information in yesterdays Email.

The Fans are on all the time. But the Speed is thermostat controlled."

Was wondering whether anyone has ever measured what the true current consumption is of the TH42PZ700A under normal viewing conditions. I know it says the max power consumption in the manual is 535w but it doesn't say under what circumstances this is achieved. Therefore was wondering what the unit draws just watching free air with standard settings etc.

Max consumption would most likel be produced with the screen showing a blank white screen - requiring the most output from the cells. Under normal conditions this figure would be lower. If watching a dark movie, lower still. It all depends what sort of content you are watching or is on FTA at the time.

Having a look at the manual, 535w is actually the average consumption figure quoted - so max consumption would be higher!