Sign in to follow this  
Oz_Arab

New Foxtel Hd

$15 for the new set top box and HD sounds like a fair price.

How much extra is the IQ at the moment? I think its $15 and $10 for platinum. Does that mean that the HD service is the same price as the IQ or is it $15 more then the IQ.

$15 for the new set top box and HD sounds like a fair price.

How much extra is the IQ at the moment? I think its $15 and $10 for platinum. Does that mean that the HD service is the same price as the IQ or is it $15 more then the IQ.

Well in the UK, you pay the same extra fee whether you have HD (with sky+ features) or just sky+, which seems smart

Well in the UK, you pay the same extra fee whether you have HD (with sky+ features) or just sky+, which seems smart

Ahhh, no I think thats not right (but happy to be corrected) but I understand on SkyUK there now is no longer a fee for having Sky+ (iQ) over a standard STB, however there is a 10quid fee to see the HD channels.

This link shows the pricing. Also note that if you sign up for the minimum term a nonPVR box comes free, the other boxs cost a bit, dont forget in UK you own the box even if it came free with the contract, same arrangement as mobiles and cellphone contracts.

The boxs are here.

Cyril

Edited by cyril

I still think my point is fair though, people at the moment are willing to spend $15 a month for a PVR they would be willing to spend $15 for a hybrid PVR and HD

Ahhh, no I think thats not right (but happy to be corrected) but I understand on SkyUK there now is no longer a fee for having Sky+ (iQ) over a standard STB, however there is a 10quid fee to see the HD channels.

This link shows the pricing. Also note that if you sign up for the minimum term a nonPVR box comes free, the other boxs cost a bit, dont forget in UK you own the box even if it came free with the contract, same arrangement as mobiles and cellphone contracts.

The boxs are here.

Cyril

Yes you are right, I must have read it wrongly when I was checking it all out a couple of weeks ago.

I would say that ideally you wouldn't pay anything per month for HD or the IQ, just a higher setup fee - that would make a lot of sense to me.

The cost in UK for the HD box is an extra 10 pounds per month which equates to roughly $24 AUD , I cant see Foxtel only charging $15.00 extra PM.

Also to buy outright ( on a defacto basis) it equates to roughly $900 AUD that is before installation which will probably be an extra $100.00.

Expect a minimum of $25-30 per month for the box.

NEW INFORMATION

-- Foxtel are looking to charge $199 for a Set Up Fee Plus $15 per month Charge for HD TV but this may change

-- The package will include 2 HD Sport Channels and 2 HD Documentary Channels plus Movies on Demand (Its $10 per month for EITHER Sport OR Docu)

FOR CURRENT iQ CUSTOMERS

-- The payment format will change. Customers can pay a 1 off Fee of $50 and then only pay $5 per month for their iQ Box Subscription

NEW INFORMATION

-- Foxtel are looking to charge $199 for a Set Up Fee Plus $15 per month Charge for HD TV but this may change

-- The package will include 2 HD Sport Channels and 2 HD Documentary Channels plus Movies on Demand (Its $10 per month for EITHER Sport OR Docu)

FOR CURRENT iQ CUSTOMERS

-- The payment format will change. Customers can pay a 1 off Fee of $50 and then only pay $5 per month for their iQ Box Subscription

So that $15 a month is added to the normal subscription, and includes the recording capability as well as HD?

Please clarify the second point - are you saying that the HD sport channels (for example) aren't included in the normal sports package, so in reality if you want the HD sport channels you have to pay the $15 a month as well as $10 extra for the HD sports channel subscription? Because that's pretty stupid...

Can people who are not current IQ subscribers take advantage of the new payment format for the IQ?

Does that mean that if you currently pay $10/month for the IQ (platinum) you'll effectively only pay an extra $5/month to get HD? Is the HD box a PVR, or will that be an extra $5/month after paying a $50 fee?

NEW INFORMATION

FOR CURRENT iQ CUSTOMERS

Don't want to be seen rude if you work for Foxtel why not your full name as far as I know you could work for Select TV or Optus or whoever else... Oz Arab?

cheers laurie

ps if you do I'm downgrading due to your outrages increases and stick to FTA HD

they should make the prices reasonable as know one will sign up to it otherwise.

And what will happen when they add another HD channel and another etc......more price increase far enough no one is forced to take it on but a few months ago I was paying $79 for the premium service now its $101+ that $79 was my limit

cheers laurie

Also what if you paid $395.00 up front for the IQ plus $100.00 installation like myself

I'd like to know abou this too as I paid upfront for the whole kaboozle....

I don't like the idea of being slugged for the monthly payments on top of my platinum either...not considering what we forked out in the first place....

ANd to be quite honest I have been loking at downgrading for a while too..crap stuff repeated and poor quality transmission...not worth over $100 per month.

I love HD! I have a samsung 46inch HDLCD TV but there is no way in hell I'll be paying extra for what 6 HD channels. I all ready have platnum package with iQ and pay top dollar why should we have to pay extra? Plus the content on the FTA HD channels is better at the moment.

Foxtel needs to get in touch or they will start to lose a lot of subscribers!!!!!!!!!!