Sign in to follow this  
Oz_Arab

New Foxtel Hd

Thanks peter im on 33.1.0.5.26 so i'll try an update.

PS. just updated and all sorted can now view 3rd ch.thanks again

Hi wheelz,

I also have 33.1.0.5.26, how did you update, or is that done directly from Foxtel with IQ2?

Hi wheelz,

I also have 33.1.0.5.26, how did you update, or is that done directly from Foxtel with IQ2?

Hey there bigO heres how to up date

Using the bottons on the front of the box.

Press back+select together

Wait for all the lights to go on, turn off and turn back on.

When the lights come on for a second time press power, up. down, power

The system update will come on screen,update takes about 10mins

Edited by wheelz

Hey there bigO heres how to up date

Using the bottons on the front of the box.

Press back+select together

Wait for all the lights to go on, turn off and turn back on.

When the lights come on for a second time press power, up. down, power

The system update will come on screen,update takes about 10mins

Thanks mate. Is that proceedure listed somewhere?

Will Foxtel automatically update the software in their own timeframe?

Thanks peter im on 33.1.0.5.26 so i'll try an update.

PS. just updated and all sorted can now view 3rd ch.thanks again

Good to hear it worked ok. :)

I am getting iQ2 (x2) installed on Friday. I was previously using SCART to component cables.

Does Foxtel supply HDMI cables with the install ? or do I need to purchase some, beforehand?

cheers

2sheds

I am getting iQ2 (x2) installed on Friday. I was previously using SCART to component cables.

Does Foxtel supply HDMI cables with the install ? or do I need to purchase some, beforehand?

cheers

2sheds

IQ2 comes with a free HDMI cable , its about 1m long though . Not sure if they give longer ones

IQ2 comes with a free HDMI cable , its about 1m long though . Not sure if they give longer ones

Thanks, Junkyard - that'll get me started. That's a little more generous than most HDTV manufacturers, who still don't throw in a free HDMI cable :rolleyes:

cheers

2sheds

Edited by 2sheds

just had to keep this mega topic going!!! Will foxtel be adding any new HD channels soon?

just had to keep this mega topic going!!! Will foxtel be adding any new HD channels soon?

More are expected in the usual Oct/Nov revamp period when the charges usually go up.

Two transponders will be needed for the Comm games in October so expect some new stuff about a month later.

There have been long term plans for a major improvement to the Discovery channels later this year and the rumoured 2nd BBC HD channel (that isn't simulcast like UKTV HD is) was expected this year. Plus a Fox Sports 4 HD or Fox Sports Classics would be needed pretty soon to avoid scheduling conflicts.

An educated guess would be that a new full transponder with 5 new HD channels will be added in November.

Edited by davmel

Had IQ2 installed last week as an upgrade from a non-IQ box.

Long story but we are on satellite (42 building MDU) and had to re-route one of the feeds from a bedroom to the lounge so that we had 2 feeds for the IQ2 box.

Had to book the install as a standard IQ box as the Foxtel phone operator would not accept that we could get an IQ2 install. Thankfully the contractor did have an IQ2 box in his van & install was perfect. (am on the 10.7GHz LNB and was getting all channels)

He said that we would have to ring up Foxtel and change our package to an HD package. Question I have though is how can I find out a current list of which HD channels are available for Sydney satelitte customers ? At the moment it appears that I am getting all HD channels (excluding FTA) except for the following (I was on an existing Platinum package) ;

• UK HD - when channel selected no picture & message to contact Foxtel to upgrade package
  • W HD - when channel selected no picture & message to contact Foxtel to upgrade package
  • Discovery HD - not even appearing on channel list (Do get Discovery World HD though)

So if I contact Foxtel & change my package from Platinum to Platinum HD will I get all of the above or are they not available to satellite customers ? If so may just leave as is & hopefully only pay the Platinum package.

Cheers,

youngstar

[*]UK HD - when channel selected no picture & message to contact Foxtel to upgrade package

[*]W HD - when channel selected no picture & message to contact Foxtel to upgrade package

Sounds like you need them to get your card entitlements updated since there is no reason they won't work if you get all the other channels. Your card is just missing the entitlements.

[*]Discovery HD - not even appearing on channel list (Do get Discovery World HD though)

Discovery HD was renamed to Discovery World HD about 5 months ago.

Sounds like you need them to get your card entitlements updated since there is no reason they won't work if you get all the other channels. Your card is just missing the entitlements.

Discovery HD was renamed to Discovery World HD about 5 months ago.

Many thanks :)