Sign in to follow this  
Oz_Arab

New Foxtel Hd

I got a call out of the blue yesterday by the installers to say that they will be installing my upgrade on Monday afternoon. I didnt ring and complain to foxtel or anything, I just accepted they were busy.

But when I answered the phone the guy said straight up "U have a problem with your foxtel ???" I said no but I did call yesterday to see if if I could get an installation date and was told not until next year as they are fully booked.

The whole thing is very odd but in a good way. ;)

I think in future I will report my grievences on here to get things done. :huh:

IQ2 & dual HD output (concurrent HDMI + Component) (Slingbox) question !

I have my IQ2 connected via HDMI (through amp) to my screen. At the moment I have the slingbox pro connected via two methods, mostly to see the quality difference -

a ) scart to composite via the vcr scart connection

b ) scart to component via the tv scart connection (through the HD dongle to the sbp), video output set of the scart set to component.

I haven't got a straight component lead to try at the moment, but will connecting proper component out from the IQ2 to the HD component input on the slingbox cause any hdcp issues or lowering of resolution to either the TV or the slingbox as both HD outputs are being used at the same time, even if the TV is not on, or if it is on and both outputs outputing being all griefy?

Thanks and cheers all and have a happy and safe holiday time !

Edited by gsxrboy

Well..just had the new IQ2 box installed. So far so good.....although I preferred the old IQ1 " blue" menu GUI.

PQ is good via HDMI and slightly better than the IQ1 via SCART to component. HD FTA channels look very good with similar looking PQ to the FTA HD through the telly. The remote control looks great with the piano black finish..........but.........it is not as sensitive as the old unit. You really have to point it directly at the IQ2 for it to work ??????

I retained the old IQ1 remote and it works better than the IQ2 remote on the IQ2 box........go figure ???????

Apart from that anomaly, so far so good.

i'm surprised at how bug-free this box is... have had it for the best part of a year and no dramas at all. But then i was a refugee from a Mystar area

Well..just had the new IQ2 box installed. So far so good.....although I preferred the old IQ1 " blue" menu GUI.

PQ is good via HDMI and slightly better than the IQ1 via SCART to component. HD FTA channels look very good with similar looking PQ to the FTA HD through the telly. The remote control looks great with the piano black finish..........but.........it is not as sensitive as the old unit. You really have to point it directly at the IQ2 for it to work ??????

I retained the old IQ1 remote and it works better than the IQ2 remote on the IQ2 box........go figure ???????

Apart from that anomaly, so far so good.

When I get home in the evening my IQ2 remote always seems to be on the fritz, I need to point it directly at the box like you, however after a minute or so it comes good and I can point it anywhere in the room and it works fine.

I need to point it directly at the box like you, however after a minute or so it comes good and I can point it anywhere in the room and it works fine.

Same here.

When I get home in the evening my IQ2 remote always seems to be on the fritz, I need to point it directly at the box like you, however after a minute or so it comes good and I can point it anywhere in the room and it works fine.

That is bizarre !!!!!!

These remotes are certainly temperamental.......its definitely not the BOX because the IQ1 remote doesn't have any issues. Judging from the responses so far, it seems it may be a generic firmware issue with the remote ??

Hi all new to this forum

I went ot get Foxtel IQ2 Hd yesterday, they sign me up etc etc and i happy, tells me will call me in a hour to confirm date for install.

He calls and says I have bad news for you, your apartment block cant have IQ or IQ2, I'm like wtf, he tells me i can only get standard version Foxtel and I guess hole reason I wanted IQ was because I could record as most programs I want to watch happen during the day or late at night

Can someone please explain why this would be, I thought it would all just come through same stuff??

Confused

Hi all. This is my issue too. Can anyone just tighten me up on possible solutions? Is it that a whole new additional cable would need to be run from the dish to all foxtel sockets (there's 16 apartments)? And so, if I'm that desperate to get IQ to my apartment, I'll need to run that new cable to my apartment. At my cost but the Foxtel doods might be able to feed that cabling through to the apartment for me right?

Appreciate any replies or links to where this issue has been discussed previously and/or in greater depth. Thanks!!

I had my IQ2 installed yesterday and im finding that sports are very jerky (cricket and the soccer) anyone else notice this or have a remedy because it will annoy me after awhile.

I had my IQ2 installed yesterday and im finding that sports are very jerky (cricket and the soccer) anyone else notice this or have a remedy because it will annoy me after awhile.

Watching the cricket now o my IQ2 and the picture is great, no jerkiness at all.

Watching the cricket now o my IQ2 and the picture is great, no jerkiness at all.

I'll have a look but last nights ch9 20/20 replay was jerky on the long shots as is the A-league thats on now.

I'll have a look but last nights ch9 20/20 replay was jerky on the long shots as is the A-league thats on now.

None here perfect do a reset and see if that helps sounds like its doing some maintenance on the drive consuming CPU power just a thought

cheers laurie

When i first got my IQ 2 installed about a year and a bit ago it did the same thing the picture just eventually froze and the box stopped working i rang them up and they replaced my box never had a problem since.

I thought we could record 2 channels and watch a 3rd live on the IQ2 mine wont let me,could someone tell me the latest software version?

thanks.

I thought we could record 2 channels and watch a 3rd live on the IQ2 mine wont let me,could someone tell me the latest software version?

thanks.

Software version on my IQ2 is 63.2.5.0.10.26 and I can record 2 channels while watching a third.

Software version on my IQ2 is 63.2.5.0.10.26 and I can record 2 channels while watching a third.

Thanks peter im on 33.1.0.5.26 so i'll try an update.

PS. just updated and all sorted can now view 3rd ch.thanks again

Edited by wheelz