Foxtel Owners & Discussion Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn off the warning messages.

System Settings/Picture Settings/High Definition Settings/HDCP Warning

I still get the warning messages intermittently on the TV plugged into component when both component and HDMI are active. :mellow:

I'm considering getting a 2x2 matrix switch unless anyone has any other smart ideas :winky:

the new Pace 480. However it does not have the yellow RCA output on it so how can I hook up the unit to enable me to use an AV Receiver to watch it in my bedroom?

If you want Composite(yellow), use the VCR Scart (or the TV Scart if you are not using that already), with a Scart to Composite & Audio or Scart to VCR type cable (see FAQ)

Remote Reset

Tried doing a search for this but couldn't find it.

Had a problem with two of our remotes (both the iQs). Both STUs worked fine, if you used their buttons, but the remotes had no effect, their "signal" lights didn't flash and there was no corresponding flashes from the STUs. Changed batteries and still no action. Tried an iQ2 remote, and that worked fine.

First time it happened, rang Foxtel, and they said they'd send out another remote. Couple of days later, the other remote did the same thing. Again rang Foxtel and learnt how to do a reset of the remote:

1. Remove ONE battery.

2. Press and hold down as many of the remote's buttons as you can at one time, for 5-10 seconds.

3. Replace removed battery.

Hope that helps somebody.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all new to the forum.

Love the advice that may of you provide. Bought the Cocoon 5.8 sender for bedroom. Running Foxtel HD via HDMI to the Bravia in main room. Set the scarts to S video so that I can record in a panasonic DVD recorder and a Pioneer hard drive recorder. Have an S video splitter/amp from Jaycar to split the signal. Running one of the outputs on the splitter to the S video to the sender with an SV to a RCA cable. Picture quality is fine on the Hisense26 inch HD TV in the bedroom, with one small problem. Its 4:3 on the bedroom TV. Do these senders only do 4:3 and not 16.9?

I have probably a too ambitious set up. The picture using the SV to RCA is actually better than setting up the AV sender via composite scart. Even the mrs says so!

Any thoughts. Foxtel HD is via HDMI... to DVD recorders via S Video. Have the TV in the Bedroom set up at 16:9... everything works fine. Is it simply a setting! Really don't want to rewire as my back and knees kill me as I end up stuffing something up when plugging and unplugging!!!

Any help will be most appreciated

Cheers

Giggleguy

Please call Stuart Thompson on 03 9318 6315 or 0410243090 if you are looking on upgrading/subscribing to Foxtel. I work on a Foxtel kiosk (at Highpoint SC, Victoria) and I'll do my best to give you the best deal possible.

Thanks forum!

Edited by stuartthompson

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone ever heard of someone putting a bigger hd in an IQ2 box?

320G is pretty poor in this day and age if they are a full size sata desktop drive. i wonder if someone can buy a 1.5TB drive and ghost/expend the partition to suit and getting a whole lot more recording ability.

Hi Guys

Great forum you have here! I have been frantically searching through the web trying to find a solution to my problem. I have the new foxtel iq1.5 (not hd/iq2) box connected to my pioneer plasma via the hdmi output on foxtel box to the pioneer media receiver then to the pioneer plasma (the pioneer plasma model is pdp-435hdg which is about 4 years old now). My audio is through optical out on the foxtel to pioneer receiver. I only got the foxtel iq connection about 7 weeks ago.

For the first 4 weeks it worked perfectly via the hdmi output for picture and optical for sound, with a much higher quality pic compared to the standard scart to composite connection (as youd expect) then all of a sudden no pic and just a black screen. Interesting the tv guide and the channel info graphics display no problems and the audio still works but no actual picture when viewed through hdmi just a black screen. The scart to composite connection still works fine.

I have had the foxtel tech out twice and they have replaced the box 3 times but all continue to display a black screen on the plasma when on hdmi input. So they are telling me it is a problem with the pioneer. i have a pioneer techy coming out next week.

I assume there is now some sort of compatability issue between the lastest software update for the foxtel box and/or encryption and the pioneer display??? The scart to composite display still works as normal but not the hdmi??

Have you come across this problem on your forum? Were you guys able to fix the problem and if so how?

Do i need a software/firmware upgrade for my pioneer plasma and/or foxtel to make them compatable? Or is it some sort of HDCP problem?

I would like to post a thread with this problem to see if anyone else has come across this and what peoples suggestions are but at the moment i cant start a new thread only reply to them?

please help as i cant stand to watch the footy on foxtel through the standard composite connection as the pic quality is shocking!!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

If I end up getting a plasma/lcd HD tv with the HDMI, do I need a specific Foxtel HDMI cable for my IQ2, or any? Mainly asking due to the copy protection. Whilst I'm here I might as well ask the same for the xbox 360, thats just a regular HDMI cable as well right?

Edited by mackau

• 3 weeks later...

Hey got a question and as I can't start a new topic I will have to put it in here.

Anyway, I've got the IQ2 and suddenly I couldn't get any of the channels that are on a vert signal.

The Fox guy came and checked the cables and the maze of wiring down in the basement (I'm in a multi-apartment complex), found that the Vert amp thingy had no signal then he said he fixed it.

He came back up to my place checked that both cables had vert, which they did, but the box still says "no signal".

Another tech is coming tommorrow morning to test another box so I will see how that goes.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

Cheers.

Well..just had the new IQ2 box installed. So far so good.....although I preferred the old IQ1 " blue" menu GUI.

PQ is good via HDMI and slightly better than the IQ1 via SCART to component. HD FTA channels look very good with similar looking PQ to the FTA HD through the telly. The remote control looks great with the piano black finish..........but.........it is not as sensitive as the old unit. You really have to point it directly at the IQ2 for it to work ??????

I retained the old IQ1 remote and it works better than the IQ2 remote on the IQ2 box........go figure ???????

Apart from that anomaly, so far so good.

Well..just had the new IQ2 box installed. So far so good.....although I preferred the old IQ1 " blue" menu GUI.

PQ is good via HDMI and slightly better than the IQ1 via SCART to component. HD FTA channels look very good with similar looking PQ to the FTA HD through the telly. The remote control looks great with the piano black finish..........but.........it is not as sensitive as the old unit. You really have to point it directly at the IQ2 for it to work ??????

I retained the old IQ1 remote and it works better than the IQ2 remote on the IQ2 box........go figure ???????

Apart from that anomaly, so far so good.

When I get home in the evening my IQ2 remote always seems to be on the fritz, I need to point it directly at the box like you, however after a minute or so it comes good and I can point it anywhere in the room and it works fine.

When I get home in the evening my IQ2 remote always seems to be on the fritz, I need to point it directly at the box like you, however after a minute or so it comes good and I can point it anywhere in the room and it works fine.

That is bizarre !!!!!!

These remotes are certainly temperamental.......its definitely not the BOX because the IQ1 remote doesn't have any issues. Judging from the responses so far, it seems it may be a generic firmware issue with the remote ??

Is there a way to program the IQ remote, so that it plays a certain radio channel by one click?

I like the lounge music, so I always switch to the channel guide to listen. But that thing reverts back to a TV channel after a couple of minutes.

And it's such a hassle to get there using the remote, you keep on pressing buttons.

I'm getting a strange problem that just started to happen because I want ESPN HD in 720p to my display I selected the Pass Through option now for some unknown reason when a 4:3 show is recorded it plays back in full screen I quickly went through 28 pages here and didn't see it mentioned if it has I do apologize

cheers laurie

I'm getting a strange problem that just started to happen because I want ESPN HD in 720p to my display I selected the Pass Through option now for some unknown reason when a 4:3 show is recorded it plays back in full screen I quickly went through 28 pages here and didn't see it mentioned if it has I do apologize

cheers laurie

The 4:3 channels are stretched when you choose 'pass through'

cheers laurie

I am pretty sure it is your TV stretching the 4:3 content to fit the screen, have a look around for such a setting in your tv menu

-

The foxtel box is passing through the 4:3 content and your tv is making it fit.

Edited by loony

I've been experiencing an annoying issue with my IQ2 for the last 3-4 weeks. On average about once a week, the IQ2 box "forgets" how to output a video signal. Audio (via optical) never has any problems, but neither the component nor the S-Video output will work until I do a "Start-Back" reset from the front panel. Then all behaves normally ... until the next time it happens.

Anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

Also still having the problem where the unit "forgets" what programs I have marked as Series Linked. This used to happen all the time with the IQ; it happens less frequently on the IQ2 but that doesn't make it any less annoying. What makes it puzzling is that it doesn't forget all of the Linked programs -- just some of them.