Sign in to follow this  
sefu88

Pioneer Pdp-lx508a Best Price

yep , 715 hours absolutely as new condition and asking for $3500

That is a good deal.

Most instore demo units would have 4-5x's that hours, and the cheaper demo ones I was looking at through JB were around the 3500 mark.

At least with this one you know its been looked after.

Maybe PLANT can give up looking for his $2500 expected price drop one and get this ... :lol:

$4400 is shocking for a demo model.

JB were selling new ones for $3999 ticket price ($3600 if you asked nicely)

I've found one for $3000 but has more hrs on it!

Just to let everyone know I'm still looking for one at $2,500. LX-508.

Recession coming on the 509's have to drop and I have CASH!

I've found one for $3000 but has more hrs on it!

Just to let everyone know I'm still looking for one at $2,500. LX-508.

Recession coming on the 509's have to drop and I have CASH!

Its amazing how at 5999 sales are slim but they think by jacking the price up (ostensibly because of the aussie dollar) that this wont crush sales further

How about the 3 middlemen between japan and the shop trimming their margins a bit?

The cheapest street price I could find for the US version of the 509 was $3k US or $4.6k AU, and that’s WITHOUT tax. GST would take that to $5,160AU.

If you can get a 509 for close to $5k you are doing VERY, VERY well in deed, that’s as cheap as the US street price.

Expecting lower then US prices here in Oz is simply wishful thinking, Pioneer’s Oz pricing is already sharp.

I see no reason for Pioneer to lower prices, they are not mass market products. There are plenty of people who can afford the current price, and those who cant can buy something else.

If you are not flush with cash why would you be looking to spend over $4k on a TV?

Edited by Owen

Well, after looking for an LX509 at both Myer and HM to no avail I picked up an LX508 for $3998 including free delivery - they're delivering it today!

For anyone who has not seen the Pioneer clearance centre...

They have 8x LX508's (1x wall mount, 7x table mount) available at $3499 including 1 year warranty and 3 year extended warranty available for $200.

Also have 2x LX608's available from $6999 (table mount only)

All include free delivery

For anyone who has not seen the Pioneer clearance centre...

They have 8x LX508's (1x wall mount, 7x table mount) available at $3499 including 1 year warranty and 3 year extended warranty available for $200.

Also have 2x LX608's available from $6999 (table mount only)

All include free delivery

It doesn't give you much confidence in these "refurbished" items if Pioneer won't give you their full 5 year warranty.

Also Pioneer states:

* Products for sale on the clearance centre cannot be viewed prior to purchase.

I wouldn't touch any of these "refurbished" items with a 10 ft pole.

You're way better off buying retailers' floor stock.

At least you get to check the unit out and get the full manufacturer's warranty.

I wouldn't touch any of these "refurbished" items with a 10 ft pole.

At that price I'll bet they'll be snapped up quick, I wish I had waited an extra day. :/

At that price I'll bet they'll be snapped up quick, I wish I had waited an extra day. :/

Possibly the 508's are a reasonable price, but the 608s definitely are not.

Pioneer clearance Centre have been trying to sell these units for a while now and have been moving very slowly.

You'd have to be a complete mug to fork out $7200 for a 'refurbished', sight unseen, lx608 with 3 yrs warranty,

when by shopping around, and only $800 more, you can get a brand new 609 with the full 5 year warranty.

Possibly the 508's are a reasonable price, but the 608s definitely are not.

Yes, sorry I had the 508's in mind when making that bold statement beforehand! I can't believe I ordered and paid for my LX508 yesterday.. kicking myself for not checking the Pioneer website first. :/

Yes, sorry I had the 508's in mind when making that bold statement beforehand! I can't believe I ordered and paid for my LX508 yesterday.. kicking myself for not checking the Pioneer website first. :/

Can't cancel ?

Can't cancel ?

Unfortunately no, the carton is sitting in my living room waiting for one of my flat mates to return so we can unpack it. I actually tried unpacking it yesterday on my own but soon concluded it really is a 2 man job.

It's going in my bedroom, trying to decide if I should have it on my computer desk on a raised shelf, or, on a dedicated TV stand/bench in another part of the room (not a lot of room tho).

So just a note to all retailers out there:

I'm in the market for a NEW LX-509A and am prepared to part with $2,500.

Of course the warranty is now...only 6 months right..if that?

Pioneer shut up shop.

You can contact me on this site.

So just a note to all retailers out there:

I'm in the market for a NEW LX-509A and am prepared to part with $2,500.

Of course the warranty is now...only 6 months right..if that?

Pioneer shut up shop.

You can contact me on this site.

Please guys, don't take the bait.

Hey, thanks Mansai. You pointed me in the direction of the Pioneer Clearance Centre. I picked up the one and only lx508a with wall mount and free delivery to Perth for $3499.00. Arrived 4 days later and can't find any fault in it at all.

Cheers

Wullie

Guys i still got my lX508 for sale its got 4 years warranty and im sure its better condition then the pioneer clearance stuff, I have offers for $3650 and im ready to sell, so next highest offer gets the set

why dont you sell it for that price?? 3650 is is a good price for a 2nd hand unit! or are you trolling...

well cause i wanted a little more then this ideally, i have to wait 3 more weeks for my new panel anyway

Hey guys, im new to the forum but am very interested in either the LX508 or LX509 model. I was just wondering what I should be expecting to pay for a new 508 at the moment. What should I be realistically aiming for? If I was to wait as well, is the difference between the two models that noticeable or will I just be parting with my hard earned cash for something where Im not going to notice that much difference in the years to come?

Cheers in advance for your help!

Stop the press... I just got offered $4750 over the phone for a LX509.... So in store I reckon i could push that to below $4.5K....

Much better than I expected! :D