Sign in to follow this  
sefu88

Pioneer Pdp-lx508a Best Price

$3,500 from JB HIFI, again it's the display item. Just to let people know, if they don't already. Pioneer no longer send

out a tech to install the TV. Guess that's part of the reason for the low price. Still has 5 year warranty though + a

fantastic tv! Snap them up before they are all gone.

Which JB HIFI was that Rik?

Which JB HIFI was that Rik?

Loganholme was where i got mine. I was going to get the last one at

Kedron but that is now gone also. I'd phone a few JB's and see if you

can track any down.

Well the 508's are gone from the Pioneer au website and the KRP500M 50" Full-HD KURO 9th Generation Monitor is RRP $5,899.

The PDPLX609A RRP ($10,999) is the same as the KRP600M 60" Full-HD KURO 9th Generation Monitor so the same might apply to the 509 when it gets here.

Pioneer have upped the RRP's of their plasma's:

PDPLX609A - $12499 (up $1500)

KRP600M - $12499 (up $1500)

KRP500M - $6499 (up $600)

http://www.pioneer.com.au/Products/Home%20...%20Screens.aspx

$9299 here-

http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/658126/p...-plasma-tv.html

Update-

A forum member got it for $8500 cash.

Hi, 1st post here but have been reading this forum, terrific information (thanks v.much to all).

I have been following with great interest as I am also interested in one of these panels.

After a couple of weeks of tyre kicking panels at Myer etc. I have decided to go for the lx609.

The only thing that was holding me back was that maybe my viewing distance of 3 metres might be a tad close.

I have worked out that it is more a matter of getting used to than anything else as I find 50 inch a little small for me at 3m.

Pity there is no lx559.

Is that $8500 cash from digitalcentre?

If not, from who, and is there any stock?

I tried Big Picture People yesterday and I said I would be very interested if I could pick one up for $8600. I also told them I'm in Sydney.

He said he would get me one but would have to check for stock in the warehouse (I guess Pioneer in Sydney, which reading from this forum there isn't any).

As expected no return phone call.

He also mentioned that the new stock coming in would have a price tag at BPP of $9799 :(

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get these panels (not floor stock) anywhere near the cash price of $8500?

Edited by jimval

so does anyone know where you can get a LX 508... 1080 p panel????

I'm not sure why people are posting about 9 series here????

what is the current best price?

who would you buy from in SA??

hi

there is one going on ebay for $3650, might be worth a look.I bought my old pio 506 from HN on Marion Rd , got to be honest they were bloody awful but they price was good.

Cheers

I'm not sure why people are posting about 9 series here????

You will find that a search on this forum for 'lx609' will result in this thread and others.

At the end of the day does it really, really matter that much?

Will you lose sleep over it?

LX508, 608 609 whatever, we are all in the same predicament with the Pioneer LX panels in relation to best price and availability.

Wouldn't it be ironic if there was someone here that mentioned lx609 in a post other than me and knew of a new lx508 sitting in a box at a great price and was willing to help but changed their mind

because some individual looking for the 508 wanted to be a smartarse.

Anyway. www.digitalcentre.com.au are advertising it at $3899 (no dep. 4yrs interest free).

Don't know about stock. All I do know is they just sold out of the lx608.

sorry for coming over as a smartarse.... that wasnt the intention!.... I was just a little confused with the lack of 8 series info (at the then end of the thread) and was not really looking for 9 series as they are (in my opinion over priced)

that price is pretty bloody good in my book.... I hope they might have some stock!

cheers...

Hi, 1st post here but have been reading this forum, terrific information (thanks v.much to all).

I have been following with great interest as I am also interested in one of these panels.

After a couple of weeks of tyre kicking panels at Myer etc. I have decided to go for the lx609.

The only thing that was holding me back was that maybe my viewing distance of 3 metres might be a tad close.

I have worked out that it is more a matter of getting used to than anything else as I find 50 inch a little small for me at 3m.

Pity there is no lx559.

Is that $8500 cash from digitalcentre?

If not, from who, and is there any stock?

I tried Big Picture People yesterday and I said I would be very interested if I could pick one up for $8600. I also told them I'm in Sydney.

He said he would get me one but would have to check for stock in the warehouse (I guess Pioneer in Sydney, which reading from this forum there isn't any).

As expected no return phone call.

He also mentioned that the new stock coming in would have a price tag at BPP of $9799 :(

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get these panels (not floor stock) anywhere near the cash price of $8500?

That price was from BPP.

well the digital centre sold out xmas eve.... ideas?

That's not good news.

The best I can think of is Myer floor stock, but that's in Sydney.

I saw a floor model lx508 at Myer Miranda (Sydney)

at Xmas eve. I know it didn't sell that day because I was in the store

just before it closed at midnight.

Not to mention that they will probably ask a ridiculous price for it.

I.e. more expensive than if you had bought it brand new elsewhere.

The bozos there wanted $9K for a floor model lx608!

Dreamers.

That price was from BPP.

Bummer...I was hoping it wasn't them, as it appears they don't have any

or they can't source one for me in Sydney.

Thanks v.much just the same.

There is a 508 at CP in Mildura , demo model not sure on price , not a million miles from SA.

Cheers

yep there was floor stock for a 608 at david jones in adelaide.... however they wanted 9999 oh with a HUGE %15 off..... no thanks!

yep there was floor stock for a 608 at david jones in adelaide.... however they wanted 9999 oh with a HUGE %15 off..... no thanks!

I have 1 LX608 brand new for $7999 if you are interested.

I know William. Especially when people interstate are getting the newer 609 for $8500.

Myer Indooroopilly (Brisbane) had a LX508a on display yesterday for $4399 with the supposed 15% Stocktake Sale discount if anyone is still looking. Might be worth trying to use the JB $3,999 price as a bargaining tool to see if they'll move.

Myer Indooroopilly (Brisbane) had a LX508a on display yesterday for $4399 with the supposed 15% Stocktake Sale discount if anyone is still looking. Might be worth trying to use the JB $3,999 price as a bargaining tool to see if they'll move.

I did just that at Myer City store (Sydney) i.e. mentioned JB-HiFi at $3999, (JB-HiFi had just run out of stock of the lx508 at the time).

The Myer salesman's manager wouldn't budge under $4200.

I also told him that www.digitalcentre.com.au were selling the lx608 at $6499 and that they are also a retail outlet in Melbourne

(this was important because Myer completely ignore on-line sellers prices).

Again he spoke to his manager and said that the best he is 'allowed' to do is $8800.

I'm guessing that Myer are just not interested in price matching.

Back in 2000 I purchased the top of the line (at the time) Sony 80cm 100Hz CRT from David Jones in Miranda (Sydney).

Their ticketed price (and RRP) was $4499, but they price-matched at $3630 when I proved I could get it at that price from a small electrical appliance store.

Thanks for nothing Myer. You will never, ever get my business.

I know you want one now, but wait untill after all the XMAS sales to buy. Once all of KRUDD's XMAS money & Nanna's XMAS money is spent etc. dries up, the stores will bend over backwards for a sale !

Sorry mate, timing is everyting for a quality bargain & it is not XMAS time, it normaly is at a slow time.

I know you want one now, but wait untill after all the XMAS sales to buy. Once all of KRUDD's XMAS money & Nanna's XMAS money is spent etc. dries up, the stores will bend over backwards for a sale !

Sorry mate, timing is everyting for a quality bargain & it is not XMAS time, it normaly is at a slow time.

I hate to tell you but i don't think you have been following this thread. There are NO more 8g Pioneers left! Bar the odd unit. Waiting won't make more appear.

Edited by Nightbreed

I agree. Post new years will be a good time to bargain.

Even though price increases will happen, I don't think anyone will have the money left.

Problem here is there are hardly any of the gen8 panels left.

I agree. Post new years will be a good time to bargain.

Even though price increases will happen, I don't think anyone will have the money left.

Problem here is there are hardly any of the gen8 panels left.

I think there will only be the odd floor model 8th gen left in Sydney.

There was a (floor stock) 508 & 608 at Myer Miranda (Sydney) still available

right up to closing time Xmas eve.

I'm guessing there might be more hope interstate.

I think I can only hope for a 9th gen (lx908) at a reasonable price in several months time.

BPP will have new stock of lx609's at $9799, but it's still a fair way off from some who have bought from there from as low as $8500.

I'd take one now if I could get it for anywhere near that price.

I just pick one up at JBHifi Brookvale

The last one in stock. There is a floor model there if anyone is interested