Pioneer Pdp-lx508a Best Price

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just a note to all retailers out there:

I'm in the market for a NEW LX-509A and am prepared to part with $2,500.

Of course the warranty is now...only 6 months right..if that?

Pioneer shut up shop.

You can contact me on this site.

So just a note to all retailers out there:

I'm in the market for a NEW LX-509A and am prepared to part with $2,500.

Of course the warranty is now...only 6 months right..if that?

Pioneer shut up shop.

You can contact me on this site.

Please guys, don't take the bait.

Hey, thanks Mansai. You pointed me in the direction of the Pioneer Clearance Centre. I picked up the one and only lx508a with wall mount and free delivery to Perth for $3499.00. Arrived 4 days later and can't find any fault in it at all.

Cheers

Wullie

Hey guys, im new to the forum but am very interested in either the LX508 or LX509 model. I was just wondering what I should be expecting to pay for a new 508 at the moment. What should I be realistically aiming for? If I was to wait as well, is the difference between the two models that noticeable or will I just be parting with my hard earned cash for something where Im not going to notice that much difference in the years to come?

Cheers in advance for your help!

Where from??

Okay. After having spoken to them again, no joy. The sales rep I talked to first was an idiot (in the words of the other sales rep) they dont even have any in stock! lol....

But.... I just got the best quote I am going to get in Perth on a LX 508A, as this is probably the only store with them in stock. Note its the A model not just the standard 508.

Ive got an all up quote of $4830. What do we reckon to this?

Okay. After having spoken to them again, no joy. The sales rep I talked to first was an idiot (in the words of the other sales rep) they dont even have any in stock! lol....

But.... I just got the best quote I am going to get in Perth on a LX 508A, as this is probably the only store with them in stock. Note its the A model not just the standard 508.

Ive got an all up quote of $4830. What do we reckon to this?

I am confused (not hard).

Do you mean a 508 or 509? I thought 508's were long gone, and they were going for about $1k less.

If it is a LX509, I think that is one of the best prices posted.

I am confused (not hard).

Do you mean a 508 or 509? I thought 508's were long gone, and they were going for about $1k less.

If it is a LX509, I think that is one of the best prices posted.

Its the LX 508A. This is I think one of the only guys in Perth with them left. The jump up to the 509 is much greater! You must remember JB-Hifi etc were offering the standard 508 model for 3999 not the LX508A.

Its the LX 508A. This is I think one of the only guys in Perth with them left. The jump up to the 509 is much greater! You must remember JB-Hifi etc were offering the standard 508 model for 3999 not the LX508A.

I think $4830 is too much for an LX508A.

BPP were selling the LX509A for $5499 without even haggling.

OK there's no such thing as a 508. "508" is just short for "LX508A", which just means "the 508 that's for sale in Australia". If anyone charges you extra for the "A" you're being ripped off.

OK there's no such thing as a 508. "508" is just short for "LX508A", which just means "the 508 that's for sale in Australia". If anyone charges you extra for the "A" you're being ripped off.

thats what i thought A = australia

Hey, thanks Mansai. You pointed me in the direction of the Pioneer Clearance Centre. I picked up the one and only lx508a with wall mount and free delivery to Perth for $3499.00. Arrived 4 days later and can't find any fault in it at all.

No problem, enjoy. I have had mine for almost a year and I paid $5200 and that was cheap at the time but no regrets.

BUNK... My $3900 LX508A came from JB. Peter's got is right. The letter suffix defined the market the model is sold in and logically A = Australia.

dam you can have my LX508 for $3700.00

Someone should buy this soon crumpet... I just took my first look at a 509 on Thursday night and damned if I can see $2grands extra PQ in it.

Hang on, just remembered you want to sell your 508 to upgrade to a 509? I think you have a severe case of "upgradeitis" there. That's something I sometimes contract but in the case of the LX, I can't see me being infected.

Why don't you keep your $2k and use it for some really significant upgrade? :)

working in the industry my upgrade cost wont be quite that high :), plus im tempted to move to the 609 to make it worth the change

Now that makes much more sense... Come on guys, help crumpet with a cure!!!! :D

Just wondering when the fans on the back of my LX508A are supposed to kick in.. after a few hours the top vents are quite hot to the touch and I'm a bit worried this isn't normal.. or worse.. could be damaging my plasma (luckily its under a 5 year warranty).

... can anyone recommend a TV cabinet that goes well with the LX508A? I walked through Myer today and only saw one that looked any good.. it was piano black.. but it had been sold off the floor and they weren't expecting any more stock. :/

That's a new one...I had a look last night or the night before and all they had were wall mounts and stands

I see thay have a 428 as well for $1799 including wall mount