Sign in to follow this  
sefu88

Pioneer Pdp-lx508a Best Price

Just a thought.

Pioneer deliver these panels to you, so there is no need to buy locally.

There should be no reason why you couldn't buy interstate and have the panels delivered by Pioneer to you in W.A.

I can't even see why there could not be a bulk buy with people from all states involved, as long as you are in an area where Pioneer will deliver I can't see why there would be a problem.

HN at Knox in Vic seem to be doing good deals, I got my 50xda from them.

Maybe you could bulk buy from there with delivery to individuals throughout Oz ???

Maybe i'm missing something, as I said, just a thought.

Hi,

I thought about this but the logistics of it I really don't have time myself. I'm happy for a 5 ~ 10 group buy from Perth and investigate pricing early this week.

Edit: If anyone has a receipt in the 5-6k region it will greatly be appreciated and will aid in my bargaining. The jokers at HN Osborne Park still have it listed for $7999 (sat)

Edited by MN-Robert

i think what HN are trying to do is keep the high price as long as possible, even though they may be aware of a price drop, in order to minimise their profit loss during the 25mth interest free promo which i believe costs them more like the order of 15% of the price of the goods.

i think it's higher than the usual 24mth interest free because of the 'no repayments'

i have some contacts at HN so i will see what the vibe is for a mini GB

I too need to buy through HN to use their interest free option, I will also be buy the Blu-Ray LX70 and LX60 receiver at the same time, but would be very interested in a mini group buy with all the guys from Perth.

May I ask why you're choosing the LX60 receiver over the LX70 ? I too will purchase one or the other. As far as I can tell, the LX70 offers DLNA (which may be redundant due to the bluray player supporting DLNA), +10W more oomf per channel, +1 HDMI input + USB input + ethernet (for DLNA). I'm not convinced myself that its worth an extra $500 if the receiver's DLNA offers nothing over the bluray's.

In melbourne I whent to JB today and they have just recieved the price drop for the lx508a about a week ago and they were selling the 508XDA for $4999 marked price but "Ask us for a deal".. They didnt have the Lx508 or LX608 on the floor..

I then whent to HN and they knew nothing about the Pioneer price drop on the 508's.. but said he will call Pioneer during the week and get back to me.. he sold his last LX508 which was floor stock this morning.

For those looking at getting interest free he also told me that they are charged 12% by the company(I guess 12% of the sale price) so keep this in mind if your trying to negotiate a interest free price...

Also I was comparing the 52" X Full HD bravia with the 508XDA not the LX508, and the 508XDA looked a decent amount better they were both playing the same bluray feed.. This really suprised me as you would expect the Full HD tv to have a big advantage but not in this case.. I wasnt sure about the 508XDA but bang for buck its a bloody good tv.

Hi,

I thought about this but the logistics of it I really don't have time myself. I'm happy for a 5 ~ 10 group buy from Perth and investigate pricing early this week.

Edit: If anyone has a receipt in the 5-6k region it will greatly be appreciated and will aid in my bargaining. The jokers at HN Osborne Park still have it listed for $7999 (sat)

Yes, but what I am saying is that the best price for the 5-10 from Perth could be from interstate.

Just get a price, give the company eveyones phone number, and let them ring one after another.

I'm sure they'd be happy to do this for 10 sales with no effort.

Thats of course only if no-one in Perth is willing to drop on price.

Hi,

I have 4 of the LX508's if you are interested. I can do them for 5450 cash out to anywhere within 50k of perth. adampaulseabrook@hotmail.com For some reason I cannot send PM's

Adam

Purely for the price, Blimpy , couldn't justify the higher cost for the top of the range model, rather spend $500 elsewhere

I have 4 of the LX508's if you are interested. I can do them for 5450 cash out to anywhere within 50k of perth. adampaulseabrook@hotmail.com For some reason I cannot send PM's

I believe you can only PM after your 5th Post (which you seem to have just completed. Try PMing now.

I am possibly very interested one of the units.

Adam

Hello Adam

A company that gives away 5K plasmas, do you work for Santa :mellow: ? Only kidding.

I am interested in your offer too, but I do want to try using my work "union" purchase contact (that only works from Monday to Friday), I am sure many of you guys have already heard of ShopRite (one of those companies that gets bulk deals from the different retailers around Perth (they may work in other states too), I have had a couple of good prices from them before, and to be honest they were unable to match my last purchase of a Sony HDR-HC7E HD camcorder which I had sent via TNT from Victoria several hundred dollars less than anyone here in WA would play with). They (ShopRite) always seem to use Rick Hart in WA (part of retravision group I think), I picked up a washing machine for a price that I was told is not possible by the Good Guys and HN, but the guy at Rick Hart in Osborne Park where I collected it from said he did not know what deal his bosses do with ShopRite, because he could not sell at that price either, they (ShopRite) must get a cut too, no one does it for love, and I am sure Rick Hart do not have much Christmas or New Year spirit either, they all want to fleece us for as much as they can get, it is just how the world turns. I will also try push for a couple of extra leads too, maybe an optical and a HDMI)

I will post my result here this coming Monday 31st (if I get a result), if they are nowhere near the price, I will take you up on the offer Adam at $5450 if you still have any or have not changed your mind. It is just dealing with one of the big retailers would make me feel a little "safer" regarding any problems etc.. If they give me a price I am happy with I will buy it.

I will be happy to email my receipt to anyone interested too (this normally happens when you collect or have the item delivered to your home).

If someone has already wasted their time with ShopRite without any luck, please tell me.

Thanks again Adam for the offer :rolleyes:

Mark

Edited by woodvaliens

Hello Adam

A company that gives away 5K plasmas, do you work for Santa :mellow: ? Only kidding.

I am interested in your offer too, but I do want to try using my "union" purchase contact that only works from Monday to Friday, I am sure many of you guys have already heard of ShopRite (one of those companies that gets bulk deals from the different retailers around Perth (they may work in other states too), I have had a couple of good prices from them before). They always seem to use Rick Hart in WA (part of retravision group I think), I picked up a washing machine for a price that I was told is not possible by the Good Guys and HN, but the guy at Rick Hart in Osborne Park where I collected it from said he did not know what deal his bosses do with ShopRite, because he could not sell at that price either, they (ShopRite) must get a cut too, no one does it for love, and I am sure Rick Hart do not have much Christmas or New Year spirit either, they all want to fleece us for as much as they can get, it is just how the world turns. I will also try push for a couple of extra leads too, maybe an optical and a HDMI)

I will post my result here this coming Monday, I will take you up on the offer at $5450 if you still have any or have not changed your mind. It is just dealing with one of the big retailers would make me feel a little "safer" regarding any problems etc.. If they give me a price I am happy with I will buy it. I will be happy to email my receipt to anyone interested too (this normally happens when you collect or have the item delivered to your home)

If someone has already wasted their time with ShopRite without any luck, please tell me.

Thanks again Adam for the offer :rolleyes:

Mark

No probs. We purchase these units in bulk from a retailer so all I would do is gather the money off you guys then place the orders with them as we normally do. We negotiated our price based on moving so many per month so I am happy to shift some through this forum just to keep our numbers up. I have a landscape supplies company down in Tassie that has Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Diners merchant facilities which I can use for those of you who want to use your credit cards. Makes it a bit safer seeing as I am new here.

I got hold of our supplier today and put the screws on him and got the price down further so it will be:

$5,450.00 on Credit Card

$5,350.00 for Bank Deposit.

$5,275.00 for actual cash (I live in Manly NSW so you would have to pop over my way to do this)

Cheers,

Adam

Adam

Thanks but as noted I need to buy from HN as I have giftcards with 6k from them.

Thanks but as noted I need to buy from HN as I have giftcards with 6k from them.

Why dont you phone another HN? They are delivered from pioneer, so it doesnt matter where you order it from, it comes from the same place. If you get a good price from someone in Vic or NSW then I'm sure you can work out a way to use your gift cards over the phone with them or something. Worth a try.

Why dont you phone another HN? They are delivered from pioneer, so it doesnt matter where you order it from, it comes from the same place. If you get a good price from someone in Vic or NSW then I'm sure you can work out a way to use your gift cards over the phone with them or something. Worth a try.

That's my plan if they fail to deliver in Perth (pardon the pun)

Why didn't I think of that, someone got a really good price didn't they? was that from HN at Knox:

KNOX

Shop 3105 Knox City Shopping Centre 425 Burwood Hwy

PH: (03) 9881 3700

I might give the Visa a flex over the phone, that is how I got my Richter Excalibur main speakers for $2000 for the pair instead of the "japan HiFi price" here at Morley WA for $5,500, and they arrived here in Woodvale WA just over a week later from Sydney manufacturer. I got them and paid over the phone from Crown HiFi in Woolongong, Crown did not care, and I was happy as a pig in, well you know what I was going to say. Though I think that MN-Robert may be in a different position with a gift card, unless he can post it over and trust a sales rep. Trust is hard to come by.

Thanks Noodle for opening my eyes up. I will give that one a try too Monday.

Mark

You are on the money there I think, seeing as you do not actually get your Plasma from the retailer anyway, they come from Pioneer. If what I read here about this plasma is true, you can't walk away with one from the retailer (I think I can install one myself, or I would need to get another occupation).

I spoke to one of the head blokes at HN yesterday and he said a few people have been taking Kuros from the store.. I said to him that i thought pioneer were ment to come deliver and install the unit.. he said yeah but if the customer wants to we will let them take the tv.. money in there pocket so i guess there not fussed.

Hello Adam

I am interested in your offer too, but I do want to try using my work "union" purchase contact (that only works from Monday to Friday), I am sure many of you guys have already heard of ShopRite (one of those companies that gets bulk deals from the different retailers around Perth (they may work in other states too), I have had a couple of good prices from them before, and to be honest they were unable to match my last purchase of a Sony HDR-HC7E HD camcorder which I had sent via TNT from Victoria several hundred dollars less than anyone here in WA would play with). They (ShopRite) always seem to use Rick Hart in WA (part of retravision group I think), I picked up a washing machine for a price that I was told is not possible by the Good Guys and HN, but the guy at Rick Hart in Osborne Park where I collected it from said he did not know what deal his bosses do with ShopRite, because he could not sell at that price either, they (ShopRite) must get a cut too, no one does it for love, and I am sure Rick Hart do not have much Christmas or New Year spirit either, they all want to fleece us for as much as they can get, it is just how the world turns. I will also try push for a couple of extra leads too, maybe an optical and a HDMI)

I will post my result here this coming Monday 31st (if I get a result) I will be happy to email my receipt to anyone interested too (this normally happens when you collect or have the item delivered to your home).

Mark

Well for the info of all the West Aussies here (it is hard to get a good price when there is so few of us over here to buy anything)

Using the price of $5,320 which was quoted here from HN at Chadstone: On saying that if they beat this I am buying right then:

Firtsly to Rick Hart (Retravision franchise I think) in Edgewater, they did not want to play at all, had a chuckle at me and said you won't beat $6,700 cash

Next was Retravision at Joondalup, They said that they would not quote on it as Pioneer have a strict policy regarding retailers who do not have floor stock (they did not have one in, but he did says the price I quoted was not possible).

Next Harvey Norman at Joondalup, an actual nice guy, but he also could not believe that price was possible, he said that $6,500 would be the price if they gave it to me without making a cent.

Then called ShopRite (on that freephone number in Leederville), they ask if you are shopping or buying, I said I am buying right now if they beat it. They came straight back with $5,300 and I can pay with Visa at no extra cost. It does not cost anything to ask, and it worked for me today.

Pioneer deliver and install, I wanted to do it myself, but they said that is not how Pioneer do it. Pioneer staff called me with 30 mins and arranged delivery time and date next week, you have to select a wall or table top mount. I went for table top stand as I like to move things around, and lugging that 30KG off the wall hooks sounds tacky to me. Pioneer supply all cable required to connect (though they said they may charge for some cables for other items that are not Pioneer brand, if they need connecting to the Plasma, I am hoping they are a little more flexible than that when they arrive, though my DVD player is a Pioneer too). I have commited to the item but I have to attend at my local Rick Hart to pay before next Monday. I hope to get there before the end of this week. When I have the receipt to scan I will post here if anyone is interested. Pioneer installer said that if I had a Pioneer LX receiver they would connect it up with the top of the wazza HDMI cables, quoted something like $180 normally to buy, is he kidding about that price? I would get one if I liked the sound, but their receivers produced a "weak" sound through my Excaliburs, last time I did an audition.

Best of luck

Mark

Edited by woodvaliens

Well for the info of all the West Aussies here (it is hard to get a good price when there is so few of us over here to buy anything)

Using the price of $5,320 which was quoted here from HN at Chadstone: On saying that if they beat this I am buying right then:

Firtsly to Rick Hart (Retravision franchise I think) in Edgewater, they did not want to play at all, had a chuckle at me and said you won't beat $6,700 cash

Next was Retravision at Joondalup, They said that they would not quote on it as Pioneer have a strict policy regarding retailers who do not have floor stock (they did not have one in, but he did says the price I quoted was not possible).

Next Harvey Norman at Joondalup, an actual nice guy, but he also could not believe that price was possible, he said that $6,500 would be the price if they gave it to me without making a cent.

Then called ShopRite (on that freephone number in Leederville), they ask if you are shopping or buying, I said I am buying right now if they beat it. They came straight back with $5,300 and I can pay with Visa at no extra cost. It does not cost anything to ask, and it worked for me today.

Pioneer deliver and install, I wanted to do it myself, but they said that is not how Pioneer do it. Pioneer staff called me with 30 mins and arranged delivery time and date next week, you have to select a wall or table top mount. I went for table top stand as I like to move things around, and lugging that 30KG off the wall hooks sounds tacky to me. Pioneer supply all cable required to connect (though they said they may charge for some cables for other items that are not Pioneer brand, if they need connecting to the Plasma, I am hoping they are a little more flexible than that when they arrive, though my DVD player is a Pioneer too). I have commited to the item but I have to attend at my local Rick Hart to pay before next Monday. I hope to get there before the end of this week. When I have the receipt to scan I will post here if anyone is interested. Pioneer installer said that if I had a Pioneer LX receiver they would connect it up with the top of the wazza HDMI cables, quoted something like $180 normally to buy, is he kidding about that price? I would get one if I liked the sound, but their receivers produced a "weak" sound through my Excaliburs, last time I did an audition.

Best of luck

Mark

Congrats on a great price. Sounds a bit overbearing on the part of the Pioneer installers though, not letting you do the installation yourself! When I'm able to get one at a decent price, I only want the installers to deliver, take it out of the box, affix the screen to the table top stand, attach the two speakers, haul it up onto my entertainment unit, and take away the box. I don't need them to attach the cables and fiddle around with my setup, as I know my setup best, not them. I'm sure if you were firm with them, they'll let you install yourself; they can't force you to let them install everything after all.

Pioneer deliver and install, I wanted to do it myself, but they said that is not how Pioneer do it. Pioneer staff called me with 30 mins and arranged delivery time and date next week, you have to select a wall or table top mount. I went for table top stand as I like to move things around, and lugging that 30KG off the wall hooks sounds tacky to me. Pioneer supply all cable required to connect (though they said they may charge for some cables for other items that are not Pioneer brand, if they need connecting to the Plasma, I am hoping they are a little more flexible than that when they arrive, though my DVD player is a Pioneer too). I have commited to tttehe item but I have to and at my local Rick Hart to pay before next Monday. I hope to get there before the end of this week. When I have the receipt to scan I will post here if anyone is interested. Pioneer installer said that if I had a Pioneer LX receiver they would connect it up with the top of the wazza HDMI cables, quoted something like $180 normally to buy, is he kidding about that price? I would get one if I liked the sound, but their receivers produced a "weak" sound through my Excaliburs, last time I did an audition.

Best of luck

Mark

Congrats Mark...I think this is a big win for us in the west, great work!

For the first time really, someone has managed to get the lx508 at a comparable price to those over east. You really can't go wrong at that price, without a charge on transaction either! Great to hear pio was so quick to contact you. Any idea how long a wait you have before it's delivered?

So can anyone call up ShopRite and perform a single transaction? or do you have to join and become some type of a member first?

I would be really grateful if you email me a copy of the receipt when you do get it - persabi2 [at] yahoo [dot] com [dot] au.

I think this is a great deal. I went to DJs, Myer and Douglas HiFi in the city today and no one would drop below 6500! DJs still has a price tag of $7999 and they think 10% off is a great deal. You see the salesperson lose interest as soon as you mention the prices over east.

Edited by persabi

Congrats Mark...I think this is a big win for us in the west, great work!

For the first time really, someone has managed to get the lx508 at a comparable price to those over east. You really can't go wrong at that price, without a charge on transaction either! Great to hear pio was so quick to contact you. Any idea how long a wait you have before it's delivered?

So can anyone call up ShopRite and perform a single transaction? or do you have to join and become some type of a member first?

I would be really grateful if you email me a copy of the receipt when you do get it - persabi2 [at] yahoo [dot] com [dot] au.

I think this is a great deal. I went to DJs, Myer and Douglas HiFi in the city today and no one would drop below 6500! DJs still has a price tag of $7999 and they think 10% off is a great deal. You see the salesperson lose interest as soon as you mention the prices over east.

ShopRite is meant to be for "Union Members", I think any union will do, but they are actually nothing to do with my union at all (it is how they get their name out there, they use everyones collective purchases to give them buying power), they get a cut out of the deal too, they do have buying power. Because so many people cut deals through them (they try to beat the best price you get, if you make a price up, the retailer will know you are FOS and you get any where, though most of the WA retailers have no idea about the price drop, local calls costing so much an all) that must be how they get the price of bulk purchase.

As for pricing. I was told to bugger off by Rick Hart at Joondalup, they said it is not possible to get the Chadstone price of $5320, but then ShopRite call their big store in Ossy Park and shazam, they beat it. The guy at Os Park did say he was aware of the price drop, maybe everyone else is not. If you go into Os Park yourself you cannot get that deal, they will have a higher price, I have done it a couple of times with ShopRite, and they have only lost on price once (or was it twice, I spend a lot on toys).

My next one is to get a Topfield Dual HD tuner PVR, the list is about $1,100, I am hoping to get it to about $600, if I am lucky, or maybe Topfield only sell on EBAY for a reasonable price.

If you email me at woodvaliens at iinet.net.au, I will make sure I get the scanned receipt to you OK. Though the way it has been dropping, it will be below $5000 next week, and I will be spewing too, but you have to buy in at some point, otherwise you would never buy anything.

Ooops, they install it next Tuesday

Mark

Edited by woodvaliens

Congrats on a great price. Sounds a bit overbearing on the part of the Pioneer installers though, not letting you do the installation yourself! When I'm able to get one at a decent price, I only want the installers to deliver, take it out of the box, affix the screen to the table top stand, attach the two speakers, haul it up onto my entertainment unit, and take away the box. I don't need them to attach the cables and fiddle around with my setup, as I know my setup best, not them. I'm sure if you were firm with them, they'll let you install yourself; they can't force you to let them install everything after all.

Hey Colourful21

Re them installing it, it does have some upshots. They will supply free of charge all HDMI cables required (though there was a hint that they may charge if the other bits are not Pioneers), and as soon as they go, I will do it the way I want it, inless they teach me some new tricks, never too old to learn. I am starting to have second thoughts about maybe having it hanging on my wall, instead of getting the stand, no, maybe I should stick with the stand. Damn it.

I do not know why they insist on installing (free of charge of course), but maybe it is the sign of a service orientated company, if so, I congratulate them, most companies (Sony comes to mind) take your money then do not give a damn about you.

Mark

Hey Colourful21

Re them installing it, it does have some upshots. They will supply free of charge all HDMI cables required (though there was a hint that they may charge if the other bits are not Pioneers), and as soon as they go, I will do it the way I want it, inless they teach me some new tricks, never too old to learn. I am starting to have second thoughts about maybe having it hanging on my wall, instead of getting the stand, no, maybe I should stick with the stand. Damn it.

I do not know why they insist on installing (free of charge of course), but maybe it is the sign of a service orientated company, if so, I congratulate them, most companies (Sony comes to mind) take your money then do not give a damn about you.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I agree the free installation is great customer service, but not listening to their customers who want to install themselves would be a case of not giving a damn about them either. At the moment, I have a Panasonic plasma with only three cables out the back: 2 HDMIs and the power cord. I don't think it would take too long for them to insert 2 HDMI plugs into the back of the new TV and the power cord into the wall socket!

Just an update I worked out I can run these purchases through my PayPal account which has lower merchant fees. So $5,290.00 for a brand new PDP-LX508A on PayPal and you can use your Credit Card or Bank Deposit. if you are interested best to email my work address of adam.seabrook@totallyorganic.biz

Cheers,

Adam

Edited by adamseabrook

sounds a bit shonky

Just an update I worked out I can run these purchases through my PayPal account which has lower merchant fees. So $5,290.00 for a brand new PDP-LX508A on PayPal and you can use your Credit Card or Bank Deposit. if you are interested best to email my work address of adam.seabrook@totallyorganic.biz

Cheers,

Adam

Hey Colourful21

Mark

Mark, the (pio) installers charge for the cables, you will not get them free. If any of your devices need HDMI or other cables, grab some now before they come, they charge quite a bit.

we just bought the 50inch Pio (not the LX) and PIO 550hx dvd/recorder, they both had to be connected with HDMI (both Pio equipment) and the guy (pio installer) said $180 for the 3mt cable, I lended mine to my firnd until cables arrived from FOXTAIL, so be prepared.

Edited by dlpnut