Pioneer Pdp-lx508a Best Price

Will have to get the reciept from the mrs and scan at work. Sorry for the delay.

Also forgot to mention. Sales Manager thought I was full of **** and only believed me once they looked at the Digital City site and called HN Balgowlah.

HN Balgowlah made it very clear to them that the $5199 price was cash only.

It was only once I directed them to Digital City site that they buckled to the fact someone was doing finance at this price.

They then said finance is fine but will incurr interest from day 1 as DC deal wasnt interest free.

I just put it to them - want the business or not.

Came back with 6 months interest free. (Sorry the 12 months before was typo)

As I said - paying it off in 6 months anyway (put 2k down)

Hi elisiX,

Getting excited! $5199 for pio Lx508? What a deal. When it's ready please send copy of your invoice to rudy_rau@yahoo.com. Can't wait to have one.

Thanks a lot.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to be a pain. Can you send copy or your receipt to andrej.woj@macquarie.com

cheers and thanks

andrej

Will have to get the reciept from the mrs and scan at work. Sorry for the delay.

Also forgot to mention. Sales Manager thought I was full of **** and only believed me once they looked at the Digital City site and called HN Balgowlah.

It was only once I directed them to Digital City site that they buckled to the fact someone was doing finance at this price.

They then said finance is fine but will incurr interest from day 1 as DC deal wasnt interest free.

Kudos to all of those who got their Pioneer PDP-LX508A at $5.2k.

After reading through all the posts, my mates at work were very impressed on your efforts on the getting the best plasma TV at the best possible price.

I'd buy one now, pity I don't have the cash and the space for it. :(

Edited by Starscream

Hi,

Have been following the Pioneer Kuro discussion for a little while. I would really appreciate it if someone could email me a copy of a pio Lx508 receipt for $5199 from a store in Sydney (eg DJ or HN).

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

kpc_kpc(at)hotmail.com

Edited by kpc

Hi Elisix, I would REALLY appreciate a copy of the receipt as well. Many thanks if you can email me a copy to freddy.fudpucker@yahoo.com.au. Cheers

Can someone please email me a receipt for a Pioneer LX5080A for $5400 or below (Eg DJ or Myer or JB).

I will be buying in the next week, so any help will be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks, Johno.

Email: Dragonlordbme at Hotmail dot com

Edited by Johno666

Heh Dudes

Would be interested in how many of you guys were able to get my $5199 price matched ( or beaten_ and how3 manhy have pulled the trigger and bought one.

The LX508 is better than I expected and I did the install myself before I went on holidays - very easy, except the stand does take a little IKEA work before you can set the plasma on top and you will need help from your better half to get the plasma out of the box onto the stand.

I am using the standard settings at the moment ( for at least the first 200 hours) and the SD FTA Australian Open tennis and cricket looks great. 3 chanels of tennis and cricket is certailny a great way to enjoy the LX508. Even Foxtel thru component looks better than I expected.

The only negative I have about the TV is the HD FTA tuner. This thing takes between 4 and 5 seconds to change channels!!!!. What the F#%K. IT is actually quicker for me to change inputs between my PVR and the FTA channel on the pio, than it is to change chanels on the Pio. not great for watching tennis and cricket. luckily I have a dual HD Sony PVR.

All in all a great TV and well worth the premium, and I am yet to watch anything truely full HD.

Heh Dudes

Would be interested in how many of you guys were able to get my $5199 price matched ( or beaten_ and how3 manhy have pulled the trigger and bought one.

The LX508 is better than I expected and I did the install myself before I went on holidays - very easy, except the stand does take a little IKEA work before you can set the plasma on top and you will need help from your better half to get the plasma out of the box onto the stand.

I am using the standard settings at the moment ( for at least the first 200 hours) and the SD FTA Australian Open tennis and cricket looks great. 3 chanels of tennis and cricket is certailny a great way to enjoy the LX508. Even Foxtel thru component looks better than I expected.

The only negative I have about the TV is the HD FTA tuner. This thing takes between 4 and 5 seconds to change channels!!!!. What the F#%K. IT is actually quicker for me to change inputs between my PVR and the FTA channel on the pio, than it is to change chanels on the Pio. not great for watching tennis and cricket. luckily I have a dual HD Sony PVR.

All in all a great TV and well worth the premium, and I am yet to watch anything truely full HD.

It really wasn't that hard. Before I even produced receipts I had them considering $5199 cash. I then had them call Balgowlah HN to confirm.

Had to use the Digital Centre site to get them doing finance at that price but even then they would only do 6 months - not 25.

Can the poster who claims to have got the new LX reciever and BR player for $2k respond with a real answer!

Ill buy them tonight if this is the case.

It really wasn't that hard. Before I even produced receipts I had them considering $5199 cash. I then had them call Balgowlah HN to confirm.

Had to use the Digital Centre site to get them doing finance at that price but even then they would only do 6 months - not 25.

Can the poster who claims to have got the new LX reciever and BR player for $2k respond with a real answer!

Ill buy them tonight if this is the case.

Me too, id buy them now. I live on the Gold Coast, i actually rang up HN Osbourne Park and West Coast Hi Fi in WA!!!

HN price for both $4700 West Coast $4300.....................$2k my ass...................

Me too, id buy them now. I live on the Gold Coast, i actually rang up HN Osbourne Park and West Coast Hi Fi in WA!!!

HN price for both $4700 West Coast $4300.....................$2k my ass...................

The person in question was looking at the 608 so perhaps they were getting a better deal on the amp etc for buying a more expensive plasma?

Would be good to know if they are getting the amp etc for $2000. I think a lot of people would be interested at that price.

Alan

Thank you turntable for making available your receipt (and squared_eyes for forwarding it to me). Haven't got my LX508 yet, but I'm on my way.

I got DJs Miranda to match the $5199 based on the Clive Peeters receipt and then go on to agree to the 4 year interest-free deal based on the Digital Centre ad. The guy did have to refer to his manager each time, but got approval without any further hassle. The downside is that I have had to apply for a DJs card and that has been a very time-consuming detour. The short story is that the order has been written up but won't be placed with Pioneer until the card is set up. I could have paid cash, but the interest-free deal will save me a few hundred dollars over the four years so I will wait a bit longer.

But I also must mention HN Caringbah... I should have known better, but I made the mistake of phoning them to scope them out on the price matching because their 25-month interest-free offer would have worked out the best. I asked about the PDP-LX508A and said they'd have to match 5199. The guy on the phone ummed and ahhed a lot but ultimately said they could do it if I came in.

When I came in, they just started playing tricks: breeding confusion between the LX and the XDA by just talking about the "PDP-508", saying they can't do it because they have no stock, and finally claiming a different price was discussed over the phone. Ended up speaking with the store manager who was far less slimy but still refused because they promise to price match only on the ticketed price (negating the receipt) and only on equivalent offers (negating the Digital Centre price as it appeared to be non-interest-free) ...oh, and he would "lose money" on it. Whatever. I hope they feel they saved lots of money because I won't be recommending them to anyone for anything.

I recommend DJs. A much more pleasant experience really.