Pioneer Pdp-lx508a Best Price

"Personally I am trying to find a cheap 508 (best I have is $3900 which is good enough if I cant find anything cheap by this weekend) as my budget is very limited at the moment, and I refuse to pay that much for a TV."

Get the Panasonic 800A for 2350 at JB mate you wont be disappointed. No need to pay extra for the pioneer it will do nicely until the 609 drops in price in 12 months lol.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im guessing 09s improve over 08;s as 08's improved over 07's

although having had an 08 before i thought the difference between that an an 07 was really noticeable. having seen an 08 and 09 60" at jb hifi i did not notice too much difference, except brighter screen in the store.

and most defintiely better blacks at home in the dark watching a movie.

08's you can see them when they are on with a black screen, but you find when watching a movie with 2:35:1 aspect ratio that the black bars blend in once you start watching the movie. but if you focus on the black bars your eyes adjust.

no other flat panel had that blending in power to me except the 08 kuro. so its still very good in watching. but i personalyl had ambient light issues which i think the 09 would help.

"Personally I am trying to find a cheap 508 (best I have is $3900 which is good enough if I cant find anything cheap by this weekend) as my budget is very limited at the moment, and I refuse to pay that much for a TV."

Get the Panasonic 800A for 2350 at JB mate you wont be disappointed. No need to pay extra for the pioneer it will do nicely until the 609 drops in price in 12 months lol.

yeah i saw one of these at jb hifi next to a 508 a few weeks back and it appeared quite a good match. it was brighter, handled motion better than the 508. but i noticed the contrast difference between the 2. although it would be debatable which was better, sure on paper the lx508 is better, but you definitely see how pioneer apply a tinted glass on their plasmas whcih make them lower brightness. definitely a negative factor i found owning one last year.

Well the 508's are gone from the Pioneer au website and the KRP500M 50" Full-HD KURO 9th Generation Monitor is RRP $5,899.

The PDPLX609A RRP ($10,999) is the same as the KRP600M 60" Full-HD KURO 9th Generation Monitor so the same might apply to the 509 when it gets here.

Well the 508's are gone from the Pioneer au website and the KRP500M 50" Full-HD KURO 9th Generation Monitor is RRP $5,899.

The PDPLX609A RRP ($10,999) is the same as the KRP600M 60" Full-HD KURO 9th Generation Monitor so the same might apply to the 509 when it gets here.

Nah it's still there under Products > Home Entertainment > Premium LX Range > Full HD Plasma

But ... it has been wiped from Products > Home Entertainment > Plasma Screens

Edited by xclusive_gamer

Just looking to get this plasma the best price i have found so far is. $7147 at Redbaloondays.

Anyone know a better price and where to purchase will be a great help cos i'm thinking of purchasing this in the next week.

JBHiFi in Brisbane was happy to give me one for $3600. But when they searched for stock there is none left in Brisbane (one in Cairns)

NSW and VIC have a few.

The store I went to offered me the floor stock for $3450, but I knocked it back as it had a few marks. They were willing to go further over the marks.

JB in Indooroopilly's floor stock was in similar condition, and when I said the other store would sell me theres for $3450 the manager lied and said the other store had sold theres and there best was $3700.

I rang back the other store and they were still happy to sell it to me for that.

I rang pioneer a few days ago and they told me the RRP on a 509 was going to be $6499.

I bought a 508 cause I'm not convinced that the 509 will be affordable for quite a while with the AU$.

Same here... The main reported change seems to be "5 times blacker blacks"... I can't fault the blacks on the 508 and really thought it would not be worth and extra 2grand. Store I bought from had a 508 and 609 one above the other and I really couldn't see any difference with the same program running.

Good pickup if you can still find them.

JBHiFi in Brisbane was happy to give me one for $3600. But when they searched for stock there is none left in Brisbane (one in Cairns)

NSW and VIC have a few.

The store I went to offered me the floor stock for $3450, but I knocked it back as it had a few marks. They were willing to go further over the marks.

JB in Indooroopilly's floor stock was in similar condition, and when I said the other store would sell me theres for $3450 the manager lied and said the other store had sold theres and there best was $3700.

I rang back the other store and they were still happy to sell it to me for that.

Can you please let me know where and who you spoke to? I'll buy one now at that price.

rjsearle at gmail dot com

[edit] Thanks to forum members for the valuable information. I just bought a display model LX508A for $3500 delivered. I had a look, it's in PC, not too many left in Brisbane. There were a couple of others at that price scattered around town...

Edited by russty

If anyone in Melb is interested, I pick up one of these from "The Big Picture People" in Cheltham. The guy "Kym" said they have about 4 or 5 left in stock.

Hope that helps

Big picture people bought the last of LX508's. All 5 stores still have a little stock.

$3,500 from JB HIFI, again it's the display item. Just to let people know, if they don't already. Pioneer no longer send

out a tech to install the TV. Guess that's part of the reason for the low price. Still has 5 year warranty though + a

fantastic tv! Snap them up before they are all gone.

some places that sell this model state that the price includes a tv stand/table with it.....i havent seen what this looks like, does anyone have apic of this tv stand/table ??

I think they just mean the mount at the bottom of the monitor as opposed to wall mount. That's what I'm getting anyway.

I have a pioneer 506 which only has one hdmi port which i use for my HD box, i am considering upgrading to a lx508a, which will give me extra hdmi ports and allow me to add a Blu ray player, i am running my pio dvd using Component Video, overall i am quite happy with the picture set up , my question is would the picture quality of the 508 /bluray be that much better considering the outlay,also the 508 available is a demo model , would that be a problem considering the 5 year warranty.

cheers Travis