Pioneer Pdp-lx508a Best Price

I ordered the 508A through jbhifi and was able to get a good price......$3577 !!!! (doesnt include delivery, but has the standard 5 year warranty as usual)

they are real low on stock, and my one wont come for another week as its being sent from queensland to vic.

If you want I can scan the receipt with the price on it....(once i get all my documentation and everything, they'll be sending some stuff to me on monday so i'll be able to do it then i guess)

now, i just gotta play the waiting game....which is pretty dam hard at this point.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I tried to get someone to do a deal on a LX508A in SA this morning but no one wanted to play. Went to Myers who had a 15% off all displays but the best the guy could come up with was $4400. When I told him JB's just down the road had it on display with a ticket price of $3999 he made no effort to even match their price so I left.

Then went to Radio Rentals who were an even bigger joke with their 12.5% off all displays. They came in at $4374 but when I asked the guy for his best price he pointed at the label showing $4374 and said we don't just put these on the screen for show. He lost any chance of a sale right there and then with that comment!

Makaveli25 I would definitely love a scan of your receipt as I'll be going back to JB's soon to see if I get them to move on their $3999 ticket price. Could you also let me know which store in Vic you got that price from?

Edited by Gremlins

I ordered the 508A through jbhifi and was able to get a good price......$3577 !!!! (doesnt include delivery, but has the standard 5 year warranty as usual)

they are real low on stock, and my one wont come for another week as its being sent from queensland to vic.

If you want I can scan the receipt with the price on it....(once i get all my documentation and everything, they'll be sending some stuff to me on monday so i'll be able to do it then i guess)

now, i just gotta play the waiting game....which is pretty dam hard at this point.

If you could scan the receipt and send it to me that would be much appreciated as I might pick one up myself. No one seems to be budging on the $3999 so it would be interesting to see if JB will with the receipt. My parents already purchased theirs and and are also waiting for it next week.

actually $3,900 is cost, the salesmen aren't lying.

I was going to wait for one from myers but I'm just worried that they wont arrive as pioneer occasionally over consigns according to someone at JB and this is supposed to be the last of pioneers stock, I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy it now, (potentially) loose $80, oh well, better safe than sorry.

If you guys wait for one of JB's 10% off all LCD & Plasma TV sales, you can pick up the LX508A for $3600 like creafield did.

People have been quoted lower than $3900 but that is going below floor cost, they must be getting some sort of managers approval to be able to do that.

JB don't have any left apparently (and definitely wont be getting any more), Myer will have the only stock in Melbourne pretty much from now on, the last 40 sets. You may find one elsewhere if your REALLY lucky but beware of ex displays.

Edited by Cable Runner

JB don't have any left apparently (and definitely wont be getting any more), Myer will have the only stock in Melbourne pretty much from now on, the last 40 sets. You may find one elsewhere if your REALLY lucky but beware of ex displays.

Is there anyway to tell if the set is an ex display?

Is there anyway to tell if the set is an ex display?

Think there is a service menu on some sets tat show usage but hard to find, or finger marks already there when removing from its carton.

Well I tried to get someone to do a deal on a LX508A in SA this morning but no one wanted to play. Went to Myers who had a 15% off all displays but the best the guy could come up with was $4400. When I told him JB's just down the road had it on display with a ticket price of $3999 he made no effort to even match their price so I left.

Then went to Radio Rentals who were an even bigger joke with their 12.5% off all displays. They came in at $4374 but when I asked the guy for his best price he pointed at the label showing $4374 and said we don't just put these on the screen for show. He lost any chance of a sale right there and then with that comment!

Makaveli25 I would definitely love a scan of your receipt as I'll be going back to JB's soon to see if I get them to move on their $3999 ticket price. Could you also let me know which store in Vic you got that price from?

Gremlins go to Myer Rundle Mall and they should match the JB $3999.

I have tried to PM but it says that it's disabled.

Can I get you to send me this reciept (cam (at) wake .com. au)

We (Big Picture People) bought the last bunch of LX508's from pioneer actually. If interested send me a PM or call the Bundoora store.

cheers

Jason

picked one up today for $3600 in Bris.they had in stock . :D

gotta give yourself a xmas present.

cheers gents.

Can you say where?, have a mate down there lookin for one.

Guest greggyx1503561968
Hi Greg,

Where in Brisbane did you get one?

Cam

Hi Cam.I just rang the store manager who sold me the set to see if he would mind if I posted his price and he has asked me not too say sorry as they have it advertised at $3999[if you get my drift].

If you stick to the south side of town I'm sure you'll have better luck.

Sorry that's the best I can say.

Cheers

Greggyx

Guest greggyx1503561968
Can you say where?, have a mate down there lookin for one.

Hi Foxy, same as reply to Cam sorry.

All I said to the bloke was that I had seen better prices from his company mentioned on here. He had access to a national database and basically came back with the $3600 that I asked for no hassles at all.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I'm sure I'll need some cables now.

Cheers

Greggyx

Gee, with stock getting low... anywhere between $3,600 to 3,999 is a bargain for this set. I got mine last week for $3,900 and thankful I got one. :D There is no way the LX609 is going to be anywhere near this price for some time to come.

Guys, most international trade is in US$. With the exchange rate down in the mid-60cent range, all imported goods will go up. No distributor can hold off forever and once exisiting Aus stocks are depleted we will see some pretty big hikes in the new year. This can only be offset if manufacturers lower their prices (and this will likely happen as raw materials go down and sales shrink) but now must be a good time to buy for at least the next 12 months are going to be hard on importers.

Go get one where and while you can!!!!!!!!! ;)

The question: Buy now or Buy later?

I am trying to decide whether to pick up one of these rare bargain LX-508's or wait for the new model.

Any thoughts one way or the other??

This review makes me hesitant to buy the outgoing model:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2...in-Plasma-TV/p1

But to be fair, the LX-508 also got a glowing review from the same site earlier in the year.

A Pioneer dealer told me last weekend the new model RRP will be $5K, so I can't see it be discounted to anything like a grand to be close to current model.

The question: Buy now or Buy later?

I am trying to decide whether to pick up one of these rare bargain LX-508's or wait for the new model.

Any thoughts one way or the other??

This review makes me hesitant to buy the outgoing model:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2...in-Plasma-TV/p1

But to be fair, the LX-508 also got a glowing review from the same site earlier in the year.

The x09's are suppose to be leaps and bounds ahead of the x08's in picture quality and performance (dont get me wrong, the x08's are great already)

But its now the difference between getting a almost half price decent screen, or maybe double (original RRP) for something that is suppose to be a lot better.

Personally I am trying to find a cheap 508 (best I have is $3900 which is good enough if I cant find anything cheap by this weekend) as my budget is very limited at the moment, and I refuse to pay that much for a TV.

There are plenty of stock left at the places I have called, and they aren't moving as fast as the Sony LCD's (people just dont understand the difference I think)