Pioneer Pdp-lx508a Best Price

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Turntable,

Can I join the the queue for your receipt too. Please email the receipt to nully@tpg.com.au

I want to upgrade 506 to LX508@1080p.

I am wondering what are the reactions and thoughts from GB1 and GB2 about these low prices. Are these prices better than what you guys are paying for? Buying 100+ would surely got the best wholesale price from the dealer.

Comments from GB1 and GB2 buyers will be very interesting. Better late than never.

Regards

David

David,

Would you be able to provide me a copy of Turntable's receipt as he will be offline for a little while?

tlim75@gmail.com

Thanks,

Ty

DJ's in Melb CBD will price match the Digital Centre price and will do it 1/3rd deposit balance over 4 years interest free. I got the 508 XDA and they did it for $3,990. I just printed off the price from the net and DJ's rang them to confirm that Digital Centre is a retail outlet.

By the way I went to Digital Centre yesterday and they quoted $5000 for the lx508 (even though the net price is different)

Not the best price, but JB Hifi now have the LX508 ticketed at $6299 and will go furthur. I went in to check out the pricing of the LX60D and saw that they had reduced the ticket price of the TV. The salesman came over and asked me if I was interested. Told him that I had bought already elsewhere when they had the ticket price at $7999 and told him $5550. He said he could beat that price now. Told him that it did not matter as at the time they could not and also that I got it on four years interest free. He said that was a good deal.

Anyway asked about the LX60D and he said $950. Ended up getting it for $800 at Harvey Norman at Bondi Junction.

Oh there was a lovely couple in looking at the TV. She was trying to get the TV and the 160 gb DVDr for $5800. She said that HN at Alexandria had quoted her that price for the two items. The salesman said he could do the TV for $5400 ish but told her to go to HN if that is the price they are offering as it was a good price.

I suggested she go to the Digital Centre website and make enquiries as they are doing it for $5199. TV only.

Alan

Hey Guys

I have emailed all the receipts to those who have asked.

I wil be offline and on holidays for the next 10 days or so. If anyone else asks, can one of the other's who all ready has a copy of the receipt please do the right thing and email it.

BTW - This proce is about 17.5% lower than the GB price. But all the GB's are enjoying their TV's now.

I am sure that in another months time this price will be beaten as well. Such is life

have fun chasing down prices with all those nice retailers.

cheers

Hey Guys,

While turntable is away on holidays can someone send me a copy of the receipt for the Pio LX508A. i'd like to purchase one this week. Please send it to my e-mail tbendis@tpg.com.au.

Thanks in advance and Great buyTurntable!!

tbendist

Hello Wannabigscreen,

Would appreciate if you could forward your DJ receipt for $5199.

Would be great to have yours up my sleeve in addition to Digital Centre's offer.

I plan to go to Melbourne's 4 DJ stores this week seeking same deal.

Thanks.

Glenn,

Rowville, Victoria

guru.888@hotmail.com

Turntable et al,

BOUGHT the LX508 today at DJ's in Sydney City for $5,199 - well happy!

Myers wouldn't go below $5,950.

The receipt came in extremely helpful. DJ's deliberated over this price for 20 minutes before saying yes.

Can't wait for the delivery.

Thanks to all.

:D

Turntable et al,

The receipt came in extremely helpful. DJ's deliberated over this price for 20 minutes before saying yes.

Thanks to all.

well done thats a great price! Did you go for the interest free option or was that cash only price?

Can you send me a copy of your receipt also I'll see whether Miranda DJ's can match - sergdi at bigpond dot net dot au

Cheers

Dantay

Hey Alan

You are on the mark about the Dealer cost being $5400, when Rick Harts beat the Hardley Normal price to give me at $5300 on the LX 508A I was told that Rick Harts were taking a $100 hit for the sale, you must also be right that they must be wanting to get their sales numbers up too. Who would a bussiness loose money ?

Even though I have already purchased my LX508A from Rick Hart in Osborne Park, WA, for $5300 (The LX is paid for and awaiting installation from Pioneer, I would have picked it up today but the Box is so darn big it would not fit in my Outback wagon, and did not want to put it in a trailer, so I am chewing my fingernails until the install early next week), Since Rick Hart has a policy that if you find a product you have purchased cheaper within 14 days of buying from them, they will refund %110 of the difference, So I went in with the Digital Centre advert for $5199. The lady on the cashier desk said they had already had people in there trying this "con" over last couple of days. They had checked up on this advert and it is not relevant to a walk away price (they says that they know there are "hidden costs" that bulk the digital centre price back up, the retail price is higher than mine), so they kind of told me to bugger off, in a nice way, as they already have my $5300. Well it was worth a try. One of the reps said that Pioneer had contacted them and advised that there is some kind of con going on with receipts and to watch out. Us poor buggers over in WA get kicked harder for price. She also said they would now limit price matches to the metro area of Perth.

So if you get a cold shoulder when you try the Digital centre receipt, just walk away, better than wanting to punch one of the scabby sales reps in the mouth. And for the $110 I would have got back, I wished I hadn't bothered (only because I still had to deal with these crabs for the installation etc). One of the guys told me that as I had purchased through ShopRite in Perth, they are a wholesale customer and I will not get any help from the "store" if anything goes wrong with my plasma anyway, and the 5 year warranty comes from Rick Hart, so I will not be getting one (trying to make me feel bad that he has missed out on a huge commission fee), I pointed out that the guarantee is with Pioneer, I am pretty sure that this turd would not be able to fix a go cart, never mind complex electronics. You get the feeling that I was not happy after trying to get my $5300 a little lower still.

One other thing. Before I got annoyed with them, I spoke with one of the reps about HDMI cabling, and said that I understand that there is no difference that a human can see or hear between a Blueray connected to this LX508A using a $20 cable or a $100 cable. He ran a quick show of Lost In Space with a space fight scene, the cheaper cable did appear to make the Pioneer produce what looked like sparks and haze around some of the ships, (Though I only noticed that there was a haze when seeing the picture with the other cable, it looked sharper). The more expensive on the same scene, I could not see these artifacts. Maybe that is all bullshit, but I saw it myself. He said it was interference and crosstalk (I think I heard someone on this site say that cross talk and signalk leakage have no effect on digital signal. Tell that to my ISP, I cannot hit over 8,000k speed because of interference, or isn't that a digital singnal?), these are not such a big issue on a cable of half a metre, but at 3 metres you will see a difference.

Enjoy for Pioneers guys.

Mark

Turntable et al,

Thanks to all.

I would really appreciate a copy of your receipt. I am about to tackle DJ's in Brisbane (hopefully tomorrow) and while the best prices appear to have been interstate I can't see how DJ's could shy away from one of their own receipts - where ever it came from.

grotherr at iprimus dot com dot au

Thanks

David

Turntable et al,

Thanks to all.

amazing went to DJ and said no to that price could you please send me a copy laurie.60 at gmail dot com thanks

cheers laurie

Hi,

Any chance you could email the DJ's receipt to andrej_11@optusnet.com.au.

I am trying to buy here in Adelaide without much luck under $6300.

Anybody else in Adelaide on this thread that has bought well and has a receipt to send?

Appreciated,

Andrej

Turntable et al,

Thanks to all.