Pioneer Pdp-lx508a Best Price

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HN Chadstone - $5320.

Harvey Norman Alexandria ticketed price $6999. Salesman said he would take off $50 for the 25months interest free offer. I did not ask him about cash. I did however ask him about the sale of the TV yesterday for $5000 and he said that was a mistake and should not have happened.

When I told him the go price for the Pio's according to Pio was $5400 he said that they had paid $6000 for the TV and would not budge.

Harvey Norman Moore Park Sydney. Ticketed price was $6577. I did not ask about what they could offer.

Alan

HN Chadstone - $5320.

Hey Nova

I am a newbie here so no flames please.

Nova,could you please send me a copy of your receipt. I will be trying it at HN in Joondalup (I live in Perth WA), or at Retravision (or West Coast HI FI, which is part of Retravision group I think). I guess that Good Guys will not be able to get Pioneer.

I have waited long enough for a Plasma screen, I am proud of my sound system, but I have been using a 68cm Philips flat screen CRT for long enough. I had been dreaming that there was going to be a release of a "laser" panel TV, but that must be a way off.

Thank you in anticipation of a reply

Mark

woodvaliens at iinet dot net dot au (no spaces etc, I put it this way as I don't want spam) ;-)

hi woodvaliens, I'd also be interested to see if you can get that price in Perth.

roughly counting, from what I've read here, there are currently 4 of us in wa who are after the lx508 - thudabot, castawayoz, yourself and I.

Edited by persabi

hi woodvaliens, I'd also be interested to see if you can get that price in Perth.

roughly counting, from what I've read here, there are currently 4 of us in wa who are after the lx508 - thudabot, castawayoz, yourself and I.

And me, but I need to buy from HN as I have giftcards. Maybe a mini groupbuy :)?

Hi Guys,

The company I work for buys 20 LX508 screens at a time to give away to clients. I can get hold of a few at $5450 if anyone is interested as we have some left over from this year that we did not give away. Obviously this is a cash price as I cannot do finance or credit cards etc. I can get them delivered and installed for free as long as there is a Pioneer agent in your area. These are brand new TV's and will come straight from Pioneer to you so you get all the normal warranty etc as if you purchased it from any of the retailers.

adampaulseabrook@hotmail.com if you want to know more.

Adam

Edited by adamseabrook

Thudabot, castawayoz, persabi, woodvaliens,

I'm also living in Perth, and I've been looking around yesterday.

WestCoast HiFi said "Go ahead and buy it from wherever u can get it for 5600. it's a great deal"

RetraVision (along Scarborough B. Rd) said they don't have such model (LX508) in the system

RickHart: Best offer around AUD5600 -5700 without much bargain.

Do you think buying in minibulk at rickhart will get us anymore better deal?

Just got back from JB HiFi at MacGreggor in Brisbane. Have the LX-508 ticketed at $6299. They said that it had dropped in price in the last 2 days.

Also the salesmen mentioned that at 7999 they had been making a "profit" of 1000 on the list price. After the price drop they claimed that they were only making 700 on the list price.

From that you should be able to take that the new list price is around $5600 or so.

That is an amazing price drop from launch.

I already have mine and am loving it... hope this info helps someone else join the club.

momocha,

I'm interested in a mini GB also for Perth people but my only problem is I need to purchase from HN. I will determine what their best price is and see what they can do on multiple panels.

Just a thought.

Pioneer deliver these panels to you, so there is no need to buy locally.

There should be no reason why you couldn't buy interstate and have the panels delivered by Pioneer to you in W.A.

I can't even see why there could not be a bulk buy with people from all states involved, as long as you are in an area where Pioneer will deliver I can't see why there would be a problem.

HN at Knox in Vic seem to be doing good deals, I got my 50xda from them.

Maybe you could bulk buy from there with delivery to individuals throughout Oz ???

Maybe i'm missing something, as I said, just a thought.

Thudabot, castawayoz, persabi, woodvaliens,

I'm also living in Perth, and I've been looking around yesterday.

WestCoast HiFi said "Go ahead and buy it from wherever u can get it for 5600. it's a great deal"

RetraVision (along Scarborough B. Rd) said they don't have such model (LX508) in the system

RickHart: Best offer around AUD5600 -5700 without much bargain.

Do you think buying in minibulk at rickhart will get us anymore better deal?

yeah i need to buy from HN also so thanx for the heads up but will have to get in touch with a few harveys next week

Hello.

OK. Went to David Jones armed with one receipt for the $4660 and another with the printout from the net for Digital Centre and USL.

The sales person was lovely. She choked when I showed her the $4660 receipt. Looked at it, picked herself up off the floor and went to the computer. She obviously put in the model number to see what her margins would be and came back and said there was no way she could match that.

I pointed to the sign that says "It cost no more to shop at David Jones" and she just said there was no way she could do it.

I then hit her with my two back ups from Digital and USL.

She rang Digital Centre up and came back saying that the rebate was only if I did the finance with Digital so the best she would offer was $5999. DJ's ticket price is $7999 but has a reduced sticker of $7100 with their sale.

I then told her that several HN stores in Melbourne were selling the range of $5000 to $5500. She said she could ring them, but again, needed proof ie receipt or something saying that was what they sold for.

As far as finance was concerned, she just said it was a third deposit and then the rest over four years. Was not concerned about cash etc. She just said she needed a realistic price target that she could work with.

So, if anyone is able to send me any form of proof that they have paid less than $5999 for the TV then I will be able to go back and hit her with it and she will, more than than likely, match that price. But only if I have tangible proof for her.

But she was really lovely. She acknowledged that as a customer she could relate to my need to have a great deal on something. She even took my number so if she was able to ring around and get a better price then she would ring me back.

I told her about the fiasco of HN in Alexandria and the $5000 TV's. She even acknowledged that Pioneer had rolled back their RRP. But no go.

Alan