• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**UPDATE**

OK delivery details/pricing have been sorted and locked in as well as additional warranty option for 4+1yrs.

I will be sending an update email out within the next hr which will sort out most of the questions you have hopefully.

Apologies for the delay but I had to attend 'on site' with the retailer and bang out a delivery process. My contact has been good at giving up his time also to put this together for us.

Email coming shortly.

Derek.

Derek the last email I have is from 8am local time this morning. However I have emailed you as I need some further information

Cheers

Update email sent.

All pricing and delivery details confirmed. Please get your confirmation emails to me ASAP.

update email not received from my end at this time (not in junk folder either).

will email you to advise.

regards

Edited by PaulSA

Please check your emails again - the email is 2Mb and has been rejected by several email accounts,

I'm sure I've got the email to most people now...

Thanks for your hard work mrmaxwell, confirmation email sent!

cheers

Hey, one question though - is delivery business hours only, or is it possible to have it delivered after hours? If it is business hours only, how precise can they be with delivery times?

Sorry, I know you have already sorted out a lot of details - but if it's business hours only I am going to find it hard to get time off work!

Hey, one question though - is delivery business hours only, or is it possible to have it delivered after hours? If it is business hours only, how precise can they be with delivery times?

Sorry, I know you have already sorted out a lot of details - but if it's business hours only I am going to find it hard to get time off work!

Just when you thought there could be no more questions :P

I'm sure the retailer's couriers can work something out. Personally I always have bad experiences when couriers 'book' a time with me - maybe it's just me.

Do you all think the extra 4 year warranty for $375 is worth it?

I always thought these expensive items come with 3 year warranty and not just one.

Deleted

Do you all think the extra 4 year warranty for $375 is worth it?

I always thought these expensive items come with 3 year warranty and not just one.

I am personally going with the 1+2 yr option. 3yrs warranty is plenty for me.

Don't forget you're getting an unlimited warranty which includes wear and tear - not just manufacturer faults.

Most consumer tech items are 1yr warranty - nothing special here.

just one question regarding the credit card payment

Interstate buyers credit card only (Visa/Mastercard) AMEX 3% surcharge

does this mean all credit card purchases have the 3% surcharge, or just Amex?

please confirm

Anyone knows how big the packaging. WIll it fit into the back seat of My corolla. I will need to transport it home from work. How heavy are they both?

It won't fit into the back seat of a corolla - i can just manage to squeeze in a 42" plasma packaged into the backseat of my commodore!

Wow no one wants the 42" eh???

:D

I am sure a small man once said "size isn't everything."

42" is plenty big enough for my room, one final blessing from wife and I will be in too.

Edited by mediaphite
Anyone knows how big the packaging. WIll it fit into the back seat of My corolla. I will need to transport it home from work. How heavy are they both?

Pana web site says 42" = 46kg, 50"=56kg. A guess add another 10kg for box and packaging and they're HEAVY.

I would guess the boxes would have to be 1200x900x300, and you 'need' to to transport them upright. Late model Corolla hatch might be OK - I won't even try the back seat of my falcon sedan!

Edited by mediaphite

Guys, you will NOT fit the 50" into a car or sedan.

At MINIMUM you will need a van, trailer or a big 4WD (and even then, it's a maybe).

The boxes are huge and they needs to be transported upright.

Just pay for delivery. So much less hassle! :)

I didn't have problems with the password either.

Signed up for a 42", can't wait to get it. Am sure it will be a *bit* of an improvement on my existing telly (a 15-year-old black box with no inputs, $30, courtesy of Cash Converters)

I hope u are not refering to the 50", The BOX is HUGE!!!!! Even if you have a landcruiser it still wouldn't fit in!

For the life of me I just cannot find the password to the wiki any where.If someone could PM it to me I would appreciate it.

Edit: I must have been trying to edit the wiki when it was opened by somebody else that is why I could not get in.

Edited by mav

Yeah I went for three years aswell. At the rate I change tv's (only bought a sammy 42 "hd" plasma 1 year ago and already I have succumb to the full hd god) I will propbably want the new .................insert future ultra high def format panel tv here................in another years time.