mrmaxwell1503559518

Panasonic Pz Series Group Buy

emails are out

pricing is pretty impressive :)

now can't decide between the 700A and the Sammy P9

emails are out

pricing is pretty impressive :)

now can't decide between the 700A and the Sammy P9

Did you get the email yesterday or a second one today. I have not yet received the confirmed prices and cannot update the wiki (no password).

hmm.. I still haven't received an e-mail? er never mind... (junk mail filter was a bit strong ;))

Damn nice prices... though looks like I'll have to miss out as I won't be able to get delivery to a business address, and postage to Darwin isn't mentioned (which will be extreme I'm guessing).

Edited by aeon

Haven't recived any emails have sentemail via wiki :wacko:

PM me your email thanks...

sorry have emailed you but have not received pricing on 50" 1080p panny. am new to this forum but was about to buy said 50' panny and caught your thread re bulk purchase. Need to know price tho' live in Adelaide.

cheers

ps what does PM mean?

Edited by thezone525

So stupid question. Business address, does this mean you need a commercial store front to purchase?

Also can someone enlighten me- I have a HTPC with dual core and 8500GT video card, am able to "back up" blu ray (pioneer bluray rom) and HD (xbox 360 addon)- with nvidia only options avail are 50hz and 60hz. Is this because i am currently running only 1024x768 sammy plasma? If connected to a 1080p panny would other refresh rates become available or am i missing the point altogether? I looked at all of the availble panels around (even $6500 planar 46"lcd) and without a doubt the panny 50' 1080p is the best bang for your buck. tones are very natural movement is very fluid. Sonia bravia is so overrated. very bluish looking. don't like panning movements-very juddery, even with so called 100hz 24fps technology.

Registering interest.

Email sent to the address listed on the wiki site.

Hopefully i can get a pricing on this before the end date :)

So stupid question. Business address, does this mean you need a commercial store front to purchase?

yeah, what's with the "business address only" delivery?

can i not get it delivered to my house?

Yeah I've sent an email to Mrmawaxwell asking the exact thing about business address.

But it seems odd if it means it can only be delivered to a commercial business when I've never seen any other GB have this clause ( I havent seen that many to be honest).

The pricing is very tempting! Now the only concern I have is the energy consumption. According to Panasonic website the 42PZ700 uses over 500watts per hour and I assume the 50 inch PZ700 would consume much more… What is your opinion about this issue? Are you all happy to pay double the electricity bill than a 1080p LCD TV?

I understand the power consumption for plasma TVs is “variable” – does that mean the overall difference of similar size plasma and LCD is not a big deal?

The pricing is very tempting! Now the only concern I have is the energy consumption. According to Panasonic website the 42PZ700 uses over 500watts per hour and I assume the 50 inch PZ700 would consume much more… What is your opinion about this issue? Are you all happy to pay double the electricity bill than a 1080p LCD TV?

I understand the power consumption for plasma TVs is “variable” – does that mean the overall difference of similar size plasma and LCD is not a big deal?

SOny XBR 52 inch is 380 watts. 50 inch 1080p pana is 630 watt. In really life use probably will be around 400-500 watts. Unless you watch a lot of ski-ing competition.

Please register here your interest in a group purchase of the Panasonic full HD plasma displays. I am organising discounted pricing for both the 50" model TH-50PZ700A and 42" TH-42PZ700A. I will also consider the 58" TH-58PZ700A if there is enough interest. Other group buys have secured very good discounts hence my reason to organise this one.

I just want to get an idea on numbers first...the more the merrier and the more discount power I will have. So for those who aren't interested in a premium priced Pioneer or entry level plasma please let me know. I'm hoping Santa comes early with pricing :D

Please indicate which model you're interested in.

Hi,

I have sent an email today. Please send through details....

Cheers,

Maple9

SOny XBR 52 inch is 380 watts. 50 inch 1080p pana is 630 watt. In really life use probably will be around 400-500 watts. Unless you watch a lot of ski-ing competition.

So that means you are not worried at all about 500watt per hour? We suppose to watch this TV for 3-4 hours a day at least...

So that means you are not worried at all about 500watt per hour? We suppose to watch this TV for 3-4 hours a day at least...

Well if you are comparing it to your 66cm CRT than it will be a huge increased.

But if you are buying a 52" LCD anyway, then the difference is not that much. THe increase in the usage will be offset by the cheaper pana price.

Google around not too long ago I saw and article in Oz comparing plasma power usage with lcd.

Guys I am wading through emails today so please be patient (while juggling work).

I'm waiting for some clarification on delivery aspects and should have this info out later today/tonight.

Again please email your interest as per the group buy wiki DO NOT PM ME here on the forum.

Derek

mrmaxwell, have you sent off any more emails since last night?

Im wanting to know the price so I know whether to go with the PX or PZ 50"

Thanks.

**UPDATE**

1. Delivery clarification from my contact will be coming later today - I will update you all once received.

2. PLEASE check your junk mail settings. Many people have not received an email update even though I have sent

3. Rest assured I have your email and will respond when I can. Doing this in my spare time so please be patient

4. For *new* members contacting me last night/today I will be sending a new group buy email tonight, and then final one tomorrow. I will only do this once per day due to the volume of emails coming in.

5. First in best dressed - GB closes this Thursday COB.

**UPDATE**

1. Delivery clarification from my contact will be coming later today - I will update you all once received.

2. PLEASE check your junk mail settings. Many people have not received an email update even though I have sent

3. Rest assured I have your email and will respond when I can. Doing this in my spare time so please be patient

4. For *new* members contacting me last night/today I will be sending a new group buy email tonight, and then final one tomorrow. I will only do this once per day due to the volume of emails coming in.

Thanks for the update mrmaxwell. I'll wait for your email

**UPDATE**

Im feeling a bit rushed seeing as I dont even know if u can deliver to a house or not!! This is pretty vital info whenever u have the time, I'll wait for the email, I thought it was Friday the deadline too (30th).

... being a large national chain, might there be the possibility of picking up the display from a retailer near by (or shipped from a closer retailer)?

(Oh ! email sent :) )

Price is great :) , I would like to confirm the delivery details tho' before ordering.

Is it possible to pick it up in Perth?

What exactly does "BUSINESS DELIVERY ADDRESS" mean? Can I get it delivered to home? Delivery to work is unfortunately not an option for me.

Thanks

Andrew

Price is great , I would like to confirm the delivery details tho' before ordering.

Is it possible to pick it up in Perth?

What exactly does "BUSINESS DELIVERY ADDRESS" mean? Can I get it delivered to home? Delivery to work is unfortunately not an option for me.

Thanks

Andrew

i wouldn't mind a bulk pick up at a nominated perth store, if it's allowed... any time and store (metro that is)

but i will still wait for the delivery confirmation email.. i don't want to miss out cause i can't get a business address to be delivered too