Panasonic Pz Series Group Buy

the manual has some good advice on assembling the pedestal as the TV could fall over during an earthquake, apparently.

Also I've just noticed that the screen coating removes all of the reflections from the windows that used to ruin my viewing during the day.

This set is great!

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many were there for QLD?

That is really disappointing not only for me personally (at #16 or #2 in QLD and I haven't heard s**t from the retailer) but for the others up here also.

I know there is one person ahead of me who says he's paid on the wiki, I hope at least his comes through.

National group buy indeed.

I was advised they had only been able to source three 50" panels in QLD and that those three had already been allocated. I'm at #37, which puts me about fifth in line in QLD, so I guess it's no surprise I dipped out, but I can understand you being a bit miffed at being at #2 and not getting a set. They didn't say to who or where those three sets had gone.

I got sick of the waiting so tonight i went and got a Samsung 50" P9 for $3000.. it includes a wizz bang surge protector (RRP $199).. so combined with a free 26" screen via redemption.. it kind of compensates me.. yes i know its not a viera, but it does do 24fps, so yeah.. i do get to enjoy my 3 weeks off after all :)

I got sick of the waiting so tonight i went and got a Samsung 50" P9 for $3000.. it includes a wizz bang surge protector (RRP $199).. so combined with a free 26" screen via redemption.. it kind of compensates me.. yes i know its not a viera, but it does do 24fps, so yeah.. i do get to enjoy my 3 weeks off after all :)

I'm starting to think I might do the same - where did you buy you P9 from?

Glad to hear you'll have a big set to watch over the holidays...

Hey Vladdo, congratulations on your purchase .... a new toy for Xmas! Whilst the P9 accepts 24f input, it does what the PZ does and uses 3:2 pulldown to display the image. You may or you may not have issues with judder - check it out on the P9 thread. Anyways, happy viewing!

I'm starting to think I might do the same - where did you buy you P9 from?

I visited the P9 thread and got someone to send me their receipt.. I then took it to my local JB Hifi and got them to match it.. Pretty easy really as apparently I'd already done my homework..

Hi all, I'm one of the Vic boys hanging out for a 50 inch. I took mrmaxwell's advice of being proactive and getting in touch. I sent the supplier a nice email last night and got a prompt reply from Michael today. By the sounds of it they have tried to get stock from over 70 stores in Victoria and SA without any luck so at least they've tried. Seemed really apologetic for the delay and said he'd let us know soon as he had an exact delivery date. Hopefully sometime mid January. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed this will be the latest. Don't want to go down the shop 2 weeks later and see it cheaper.

I did the same and by the looks of what you say above,.. I reckon I probably got the same note sent back.

I can wait till mid-jan.

Jim.....

Yeah, that's the one thing I didn't like about this group buy:

They'll contact you...

Tomorrow definately...

Or the next day...

Be patient...

Be patient...

Be patient...

Be patient and...

FREE FOR ALL!

That's gotta sting - you opted out of a GB that ended successfully in favour of this one, which has fallen over!

Hope you manage to find a suitable deal.

Well guys I couldn't wait any longer. I went bought myself a 50" pz700a display model today from the GG's Noarlunga (SA). Managed to get them down to $3,090 +$229 1+2 yr waranty. I have holidays coming up and wanted to enjoy fullhd! Man this tv is BIG! My wife just looked at me and shook her head. I'll be paying for this tv for a while in more ways than one.

Thanks for all your efforts Derek I am going to leave a small deposit in your paypal account as I think you did a great job of organising this GB. It would have gone smoother if there had been stock. It's not your or the retailers fault. I'm confident that if the rest of you actually have patience the GB will pull through.

Now how do you plug this thing in.............

That's gotta sting - you opted out of a GB that ended successfully in favour of this one, which has fallen over!

Hope you manage to find a suitable deal.

Ozstick,

Having organised a group buy yourself i'm disapointed at your comments. I thought you would be more understanding knowing first hand how sensitive people involved with GB's can get.

In terms of this Group Buy falling over it's simply not ture. Where the retailer has been able to secure stock it has been delivered. The simple fact is Panasonic have no stock till mid Jan on this Item. Walk into any retailer in VIC and you can't buy one. So if you want this TV you have to be patitent and wait. If you don't want to wait then people have suggested Sammy P9 or Pana PX series as good alternative and if you hurry you will have one before christmas. I'm sure Ozsticks can help you secure a deal!

Derek

You have done a great job keeping us up to date so far. It does seem the retailer is being bombarded with calls and is having difficulty responding. Prehaps you can confirm with the store that they are commited to the GB price and the remaining sets are on order with Panasonic and will be delivered as soon as they arrive. I know recieving this type of email from yourself or the retailer will help calm my nerves and I'm sure the remaining GB memebers will appreciate the confirmation. I know you have done this already but a final email before the Xmas break will be appreciated.

To everyone waiting

I know it has not been easy as we were all expecting are sets this week. I have been moping around the house and I'm green with envy when other members comment on how fantastic their PZ's are. Having spent the day talking to other stores and getting pricing there is no reason to panic regarding the delay. The retailer has really come to the party with pricing but everyones hands are tied with the stock issue. Stock will start to filter back into stores mid Jan if by then the retailer is still unable to secure stock all we need to do is organise our own purchases and I know we will all look after each other to secure the best pricing available. So there is no harm in waiting.

I hope Every One has a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year. I know we will all have some great photo's to share Mid Jan!

Ozstick,

Having organised a group buy yourself i'm disapointed at your comments. I thought you would be more understanding knowing first hand how sensitive people involved with GB's can get.

In hindsight the way I phrased that reply does come across as rather insensitive and certainly NOT what I intended, so I apologise to a_z_a_z_e_l if he interpreted it that way.

Just hooked up my 50" pz700 to my htpc. It was excting to change the nvidia output from 1080i to 1080p. The pq and colour balance are amazing! It looks so much better than it did in the shop! The depth of colour is mind blowing. You can see the light reflecting in peoples eyes like glass. In particular the transition from white to black is far superior than anything ive seen before. But reading back to earlier threads this is what the pz700 is known for. I seriously encourage you all to hang in there and get this panel its well worth it. I would also encourage anyone with a panel like this to build a htpc as this will really get the full benefit out of it. Play back is silky smooth straight off the hdd, judder is virtually unnoticeable. It kills the blu-ray player i saw hooked up to one in the store. Anyway thats my two bobs worth, back to my new telly!

I have still not heard from the retailer even though I rang them early last week, when I spoke with Michael he told me that he would be contacting the GB participants on either Wednesday or Thursday with either good or bad news. Obviously that did not occur.

So I have now emailed Brian to ask him what the likelihood is that I will get a PZ 50" before Xmas. If the answer is no way in hell then I can then go and get something else rather than wait around for a month or two. Mid to late Jan is of no use to me as I will be heading back to Alice Springs at the end of Jan.

Edited by mav

Just hooked up my 50" pz700 to my htpc. It was excting to change the nvidia output from 1080i to 1080p. The pq and colour balance are amazing! It looks so much better than it did in the shop! The depth of colour is mind blowing. You can see the light reflecting in peoples eyes like glass. In particular the transition from white to black is far superior than anything ive seen before. But reading back to earlier threads this is what the pz700 is known for. I seriously encourage you all to hang in there and get this panel its well worth it. I would also encourage anyone with a panel like this to build a htpc as this will really get the full benefit out of it. Play back is silky smooth straight off the hdd, judder is virtually unnoticeable. It kills the blu-ray player i saw hooked up to one in the store. Anyway thats my two bobs worth, back to my new telly!

Do you agree the PZ buzz very much non-existent??. Its so much better than the PX600 last years model.

Looks like Pana. got rid of the buzz problem while Pio. and Samsung are still having the buzz problem. Oh well have to rub it into the Kuros since they have superior pics at a price!

Edited by byt

Can't hear any buzz. Didn't know this was an issue! I've seen the kuro & pz700a side by side and there really isnt that much difference certainly cant justify the price diff.

Do you do any special calibration for your pZ (no much to set anyway) or u just set picture to normal and adjust the contrast/brightness/color accordingly to your room.

Thanks

Far out, does that mean they're still coming? Eventually? Maybe?

Looks like they don't like me. I still haven't received a reply to my email or call.

I note that you're #63 (or #11 in Qld) on the wiki.

I'm at #16 (or #2 on Qld, but who's counting ; )

Now that's how you work through a list.

Quoting his email, I am sure he doesn't mind me doing this.

"At this point in time I am still unable to source a panel for you until mid-January, and I will understand if this does not suit your needs but unfortunately that is the situation we are in at the moment. If you are prepared to wait until Panasonic have new stock delivered, I am also more than happy to advise you of a delivery date at that time they become available."

Far out, does that mean they're still coming? Eventually? Maybe?

Looks like they don't like me. I still haven't received a reply to my email or call.

I note that you're #63 (or #11 in Qld) on the wiki.

I'm at #16 (or #2 on Qld, but who's counting ; )

Now that's how you work through a list.

got the call on thursday. Panel was delivered friday midday, hooked up friday night.

This is by far the best christmas present ive ever recieved, even if i had to buy it myself :) :)

My tv came from the goodguys oxley store. Apparently they had 3 panels in stock, all which were allocated to this group buy.

Big thanks to MrMaxwell for all his work.