Panasonic Pz Series Group Buy

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Brian had last Wed off as this is his 1 day off - he works the other 6 days so they might both be off. I know Michael is working through stock reports.

As I said give it until COB Friday for an update. The only problem right now seems to be 50" in VIC, everyone else should be ok (emphasis on should).

With the GB price available I would personally hold out...if nothing happens before Xmas I would look at Boxing Day sales, etc and don't think the GB price will be easily met until Jan/Feb.

Hello,

Have you heard much about an older Pana model plasma - TH42PX7A (42 inch)? I'm looking at one for around $1600 and finding it hard to find reviews or comments.

Chadwick14

Chadwick, a simple search on here will solve all your problems - there is plenty on these forums about the plasma you are after! :ph34r:

Our retailer is really starting to piss me off. I've been assured for the last 3 days straight that I would be getting a phone call after 7pm from the delivery company to arrange the delivery time next day. Of course there has been no phone call and no delivery.

Edited by Muppet

No issues with Derek at all, he's done a great service to us all.

My issues are with the retailer who it seems cant organise anything very well.

Anyway I was at the airport this morning so I went into the store to find out what is going on face to face.

Here is the story with the 42":

They have had 2 of the 42" sitting in their warehouse all week.

They have not delivered them because they could not find them in their own warehouse.

It didnt occur to anyone to phone me or anyone else with a scheduled delivery and tell them anything.

So one of the customer service guys went out back and found them and now I'm supposed to get a delivery tomorrow (mind you I've been told that every day this week).

The mythical truck of 20 panels that has meant to be arriving every day this week is due to arrive on the 18th now (I saw this myself on their computer screen when the guy showed me).

Just had a look at the wiki and it looks as though three people have confirmed receipt of the TV, all in Sydney. Has anybody outside of NSW received a call or heard anything? Judging by the lack of action, it looks as though other stores are unwilling to part with their stock (if any).

Just had a look at the wiki and it looks as though three people have confirmed receipt of the TV, all in Sydney. Has anybody outside of NSW received a call or heard anything? Judging by the lack of action, it looks as though other stores are unwilling to part with their stock (if any).

Yeah this is getting ridiculous. I was assured last Tuesday that Michael had checked that the truck left Panasonic HQ...... Did you see your TV in its box??? or could this be mythical too.

Edited by njc

There's people making threats like "If I don't hear by... then I'm gonna

have to pull out I'm afraid."

Who gives a toss? Why announce it to all like you are the lynch pin that if

removed the whole group buy will come tumbling down?

Why not have your little 'by' date in your head, and if it passes and

you're not happy, when the dude calls for your order simply say no.

That's what I was going to say.

Still haven't had a call from the dude.

I've tried to be patient.

I tried to bite my tongue.

But all I can say now is AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT MY GODDAMN TELLY AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My workmates are starting to look at me funny.

I've got 3 workmates all signed up to this deal, and it was very annoying telling them that it looks like its not going to work out.. Needless to say that they're all a bit pissed off as we were assured that there is plenty of stock.. So now when i do go looking for another panel, i won't be going to any of the GB suppliers..

Guys...

I've sent several updates making sure everyone knew what was going on. My last 2 updates have requested you to be proactive and contact the store direct - if you have not done so please do. No good sitting here complaining while others are calling our contact and getting an order ahead of you - not ideal I know but hey, what can you do?

When I set up this GB and accepted the great pricing we got, the retailer assured me Panasonic would have stock coming in to cover the GB, but as now that shipment has vanished and we're left short on all panels.

As I've said many times, if you don't wish to wait or don't like a small amount of uncertainty or risk then please pull out - no hard feelings and it won't affect the GB.

Just know you won't be able to get the SAME panel from another store for the SAME or better GB price we have here before Xmas.

Again, no hard feelings to anyone...I have tried my best and put many hours into organising this so it's a shame Panasonic are short on stock (please don't judge our retailer - they have bent over backwards trying to get us their biggest seller for a crazy price...not many retailers would offer such a deal)

My last 2 updates have requested you to be proactive and contact the store direct

Did that, it went to message bank, left details about 4hrs ago but no return call yet. As I am the only one ordering a 42" in SA be interesting if I get one. Will try again.

Edited by gawaterman

Did that, it went to message bank, left details about 4hrs ago but no return call yet. As I am the only one ordering a 42" in SA be interesting if I get one. Will try again.

gawaterman please keep me and the rest of us ppl from SA updated... I rang 1:30pm adel time to be told both salespersons were out of the store and would be back in an hour ... 3rd time i've tried contacting these ppl without any luck... have a feeling they are doing the old filter phone-calls scenario... its all well and good to say to contact these salesppl to keep in the loop and touch base, but a bit difficult when they are dodging all phonecalls and emails... kind of defeats the purpose... end of my rant... :angry:

am kind of resigned to the fact this will not happen before xmas now ... will prob go out on the hunt this weekend to see what prices are being offered

Thanks for your efforts derek please dont take my comments personally as I think you have done a terrific job and have only been let down, unfortunately these ppl at good guys dont understand the concept of customer service and more importantly contingency planning in terms of group-buys such as these...

Edited by c0redumpt1553552726

gawaterman please keep me and the rest of us ppl from SA updated... I rang 1:30pm adel time to be told both salespersons were out of the store and would be back in an hour ... 3rd time i've tried contacting these ppl without any luck... have a feeling they are doing the old filter phone-calls scenario... its all well and good to say to contact these salesppl to keep in the loop and touch base, but a bit difficult when they are dodging all phonecalls and emails... kind of defeats the purpose... end of my rant... :angry:

am kind of resigned to the fact this will not happen before xmas now ... will prob go out on the hunt this weekend to see what prices are being offered

Thanks for your efforts derek please dont take my comments personally as I think you have done a terrific job and have only been let down, unfortunately these ppl at good guys dont understand the concept of customer service and more importantly contingency planning in terms of group-buys such as these...

Yeeah.. i think i might try and get a good deal this weekend on a Samsung 50" with a free 26".. I'll be happy if I can find one for around $3k...

I was at Myer Southland two hours ago and decided to ask if I could have 3 50" PZ700's and was told that this store had a back order for 31 units already and i wouldn't see any prouct until middle of jan'08 (if lucky).

With regards to the GB, with the suggestion to call the GB retailer direct and arrange our order does this mean that there is nolonger a numerical sequence in supply of the TV's and it's now a free-for all. I don't think this is fair, especially if a Vic or interstate buyer is well up the list and doesn't get his unit because someone in NSW is closer to the retailer and can jump in ahead.

Edited by Dr Smith

Guys - please remember that our retailer is FLAT OUT!

I was in there today and the bloody store was packed...and it's not even the weekend. And yes, most people were there buying TV's.

It seems everyone has decided they want a flat panel for Xmas....bad timing I guess.

The guys are working down the list but also working per state/location where a TV is available so it's not numerical as per the wiki 100%.

If 50% of people are happy by then end of this GB I will be pleased...hard to do when there is no stock.

I have tried to e-mail and call the retailer without success.

So I went into my local branch of 'the retailer' to see what stock levels they have. There on the floor where 10 big boxes containing PZ700 42" screens, but not a single 50". I asked the local store if they had been approached about the stock or new anything about the group buy? "No"

I asked if they were prepared to honour the GB price with their floor stock. "No - can't do it THAT cheap"

So I said what is they best you will do? > GB price +$100. But then as it turns out the delivery was better!!

So after three salesmen and 10 minutes I will now be watching my 42" tomorrow for only ~$80 worse off. Not too bad a price for impatience.

My thanks to Mrmaxwell for all his efforts. Good luck to other GB participants, - particularly 50" people.

Any GB members in Victoria waiting on a 42" send me a PM and I will give you the details from my local outlet - he seemed happy enough to fill more 42" places with GB+$100.

Edited by mediaphite

Guest hamandeggs

Sympathies to the 50" purchasers as your TV's all fell off the boat.

However as as 42" purchaser I am a little annoyed. If the 42" is in oversupply, shouldn't I be watching my new TV already?

Why are they running around chasing TV's that don't exist (50") when they could wrap up the 42" orders in a matter of hours and we can all sing a happy dance and paint flowers on the wall.

Meh.

</end rant>

Props to mrmaxwell for organising this. I can imagine how hard this must have been for you which is why I would never attempt it.

Edited by hamandeggs

Does that mean if 50% of the people are unhappy you'll be pleased?

Yeh, but in the end what have you lost, nothing. Not as though you've been ripped off. And the longer you wait the cheaper retail will get, so you'll end up getting it at GB price, or better, just have to wait a bit longer

have a feeling they are doing the old filter phone-calls scenario...

Yeh,me too, on hold for 20 mins, then told he,s with another customer and would ring me back as soon as he's finished.That was 3 hrs ago

Edited by gawaterman

Hey Guys,

Not sure if this helps you guys but about a week or so ago i brought the 42" for $2200 + $245 for the extra 4 years warranty, i also brought another one from the same store for a friend yesterday at the same price and took delivery of it today, they have plenty of stock and seam happy to do it for that price, if anybody needs a hand out happy to give the details of the store along with copies of my reciept for price matching.

Thanks

Dave