Panasonic Pz Series Group Buy

Are you *really* sure it is a 50PZ700? If it is, then that price is obscenely lower than anything else I have heard. Sure it wasn't a 50PX70, or a 42PZ700? Or a demo/display panel? With low 50PZ700 stock everywhere it seems a price less than about $3200 is not achievable at the present time.

I have had a price of $3100 for the 50PZ700 from Power House in Southland (Melb) last Sunday and a price of $3145 delivered from Union Shopper in QLD. I will be back at Power House this Sunday to do the deal. Hope he doesn't reneg!! Always go back to Union Shopper I suppose.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a price of $3100 for the 50PZ700 from Power House in Southland (Melb) last Sunday and a price of $3145 delivered from Union Shopper in QLD. I will be back at Power House this Sunday to do the deal. Hope he doesn't reneg!! Always go back to Union Shopper I suppose.

If I were you I would confirm they have one in stock before your order. If not, I'd hold off. You're likely to do better when they are generally available (or its replacement, which is due very soon so I was told) again.

Yep it is a 50" PZ700A, identical to mine - his was delivered today. I helped him set it up this afternoon, he needed help to lift it onto his cabinet. They also delivered an Onkyo 805, a new sub and a Beyonwiz PVR, so he spent a few bucks with them.

Hang on, so he spent a small fortune with them? Of course the individual prices nominated are meaningless then. Now it makes sense.

Boppa, you probably don't want to know. I was overseas at the time so the GB purchase was too awkward to manage. Now I'm looking for a 50PZ700 and the GB prices have killed it for me :(

I'm just interested to see how my price stacked up mate - $3180 delivered with 5 year warranty.

I don't see why everyone wants to play secret squirrels ?? I thought the whole point of price sharing was to help others out ??

Unless mrmaxwell agreed with whoever he bought them through not to reveal a price - in which case i understand, just say so !!

goldgxl - Glad your mate got a good price... :)

gibby157 - Sorry mate, have been offline lately. Will send a copy across asap...

Cheers,

Boppa

If I were you I would confirm they have one in stock before your order. If not, I'd hold off. You're likely to do better when they are generally available (or its replacement, which is due very soon so I was told) again.

Good tip. I wonder if Panasonic have indicated when the replacement model is due for release. The CFO is keen right now. IF I tell her we will delay, she might go cold on the idea. Decisions, decisions!!

Spoke to Michael today re availability in states other than NSW, and he told me he would be contacting Panasonic today or tomorrow and would email us all individually to let us know what was happening. Tis getting near the end of January after all. Surely it cant be much longer :unsure:

Unless mrmaxwell agreed with whoever he bought them through not to reveal a price - in which case i understand, just say so !!

Boppa, yep that's what mrmaxwell arranged with the supplier (ie not to reveal the prices outside the GB). You will find that pretty much all GB's work this way. I am sure that once the GB has finalised and everyone has their TV's, the price will be revealed. However, rest assured - the price you got is great! :ph34r:

Good tip. I wonder if Panasonic have indicated when the replacement model is due for release. The CFO is keen right now. IF I tell her we will delay, she might go cold on the idea. Decisions, decisions!!

No way the new Pana. models are comming out in 1st half of the year!! If you meant the new pana models 2008 those with 20,000:1 and 30,000:1 contrast ratio models.

If you look at the past 2 years .Pana. always introduce their new models in Oz, in June, and that starts with the base models and the upper range models in Aug/Sep/Oct.

And of course you wouldn't want to buy these new models when they 1st come into the market. Probably should wait till Dec. to really get a good price.

Therefore its either you buy now or in the next 2 mths or just wait till Dec. Then some may say might as well wait till after Christmas 2008. LOL!

Edited by byt

Guest theboj007
I'm just interested to see how my price stacked up mate - $3180 delivered with 5 year warranty.

I don't see why everyone wants to play secret squirrels ?? I thought the whole point of price sharing was to help others out ??

gibby157 - Sorry mate, have been offline lately. Will send a copy across asap...

Cheers,

Boppa

Hello Boppa, can you also send me a copy sounds like a great price - theboj007@hotmail.com

Anyone spoken to Michael or Brian in the last few days and asked when states other than NSW (particularly Qld) are going to be receiving a shipment of 50s? Michael said 'a couple of weeks' a couple of weeks ago, but mrmaxwell's latest post indicates 'a few weeks'.

What gives?

Spoke to Michael Thursday, TV Recieved Today (Wednesday). I Had to pay extra for the freight from NSW to VIC, but I was getting sick of the uncertainty of the local availability so I bit the bullet.

Very nice machine, the kids are enjoying ABC kids programs right now.

Thanks goes to MrMaxwell for the organising, its just a pity it didn't go a little smoother for all.

Cheers

Spoke to Michael Thursday, TV Recieved Today (Wednesday). I Had to pay extra for the freight from NSW to VIC, but I was getting sick of the uncertainty of the local availability so I bit the bullet.

Very nice machine, the kids are enjoying ABC kids programs right now.

Thanks goes to MrMaxwell for the organising, its just a pity it didn't go a little smoother for all.

Cheers

out of interest, how much was the freight and which courier did they send it on?

Cheers,

Boppa

Boppa, can you please send me copy of your receipt on sanjeev dot gupta at optusnet dot com dot au

Thanks, mate!

I'd love to see a copy of this recpt. emckissock@yahoo.com

Or, given the amount of interest in it, post it to

Miscellaneous > General and Miscellaneous - Off-Topic > Attachments

Also, are you in Melb, Sydney or ??

I'd love to see a copy of this recpt. emckissock@yahoo.com

Or, given the amount of interest in it, post it to

Miscellaneous > General and Miscellaneous - Off-Topic > Attachments

Also, are you in Melb, Sydney or ??

Ignore my last message - just bought a Samsung.

Given up on this GB, nearly 3 months now and still no indication of when we will get them.Communication with GG's is appalling, their attitude towards potential customers unbelievable. Bought one locally for very little more than GB price and have the comfort of knowing if I have a warranty problem they are just around the corner and wont have to deal with a retailer interstate who is never contactable

Given up on this GB, nearly 3 months now and still no indication of when we will get them.Communication with GG's is appalling, their attitude towards potential customers unbelievable. Bought one locally for very little more than GB price and have the comfort of knowing if I have a warranty problem they are just around the corner and wont have to deal with a retailer interstate who is never contactable

I've had a little trouble with the gg's down there, but I'm a pretty patient person and I thought their responses were reasonable.

I've also organized for a freight, hopefully arrive before the weekend. costed me around $250. also the warranty is for on call service. so they will come out to you if you ever have a problem with the tv.

I've had a little trouble with the gg's down there, but I'm a pretty patient person

So am I but 2 1/2 months tries the patience.The bit that gets me, is you ring Michael, they say "he's buzy with a customer/not in today, can I get him to call you back"

You say yes, give them your number, but not once has he called back. And this is not mentioning the GB, so as far as they are concerned your just another customer, one they dont give a stuff about.

Not sure about this shortage either, the guy at HN yesterday showed me they had 35 in stock, and this is in backwater Adelaide.