Panasonic Pz Series Group Buy

Given that the group buy has finished, what did you guys end up paying ??

Considering the rest of us are the first to post and help others get a good deal surely it wouldn't hurt to reveal pricing now ??

Boppa

Sorry Boppa there are still 50 or so people with unconfirmed deliveries.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the rest of us are the first to post and help others get a good deal surely it wouldn't hurt to reveal pricing now ??

Boppa

Err... the group buy hasn't finished as there are people still yet to get their TV's. The group buy is closed, but not finished! :ph34r:

Updated wiki

Looking at wiki there are still a lot of TV's pending delivery so agree it too early to release pricing. Unless someone else runs a GB I don't think an individual would get same price at the moment (then again what do I know as Mr Maxwell did all the bargaining for me). Once there is more stock in Aus, I would expect to see the price drop like the PX series just did and then it won't matter what we paid.

Hi Guys

Any one have any comments regarding the playing of games from Xbox or PS3 on this. Do you notice any lag?

Thanks

Michael

Hey Michael,

I've tested mine out briefly with Virtua Tennis 3 with full 1080p and I have to say that the quality looks amazing. I haven't seen any lag at all. I'll post here if I do notice it...

Going to head out today and grab some BlueRays and test that out on it.

Will update the Wiki as well...

Any one have any comments regarding the playing of games from Xbox or PS3 on this. Do you notice any lag?

Thanks

Michael

I have not played any FPS games on 360 yet with the screen but have played a bit of skate and no lag noticed. Using a vga cable the picture is amazing.

I am getting Halo 3 this weekend - that prob will be a better test

BTW - I have emailed a copy of the receipt to everyone who requested it via PM. Please don't send anymore PM's as i'm getting confused !! If anyone else would like a copy email me - boppa28 "at" yahoo.com.au - replace the "at" with @ obviously !! :)

Hey Boppa,

Tried emailing, but I'm not sure if they're getting to you - haven't had a reply - could you please email a copy to gibby157@gmail.com.

OR does anyone else have a copy of Boppa's receipt they could forward over.

Thanks

gibby157

***UPDATE***

Guys,

Our supplier has received a small amount of stock - they will be contacting you over the weekend/early next week. They have 5 x 50" and 7 x 42". A freight fee will be charged but won't be too expensive.

You're welcome to be proactive and call but preference is being given to folk from the top of the list down.

Also - my 50" PZ700A TV is for sale for the bargain price of $2500 inc 3yr warranty. It is now 30 days old but I need to sell it before I leave for OS end of Jan. PM me.

Derek

The supplier will ship from their Sydney store interstate.

There will be another few weeks wait for stock to fill the other states.

I was told by MM a couple of days ago that states other than NSW should be well less than two weeks. Can you clarify when you last spoke to him?

This is the first time I've heard 'another few weeks'

I was told by MM a couple of days ago that states other than NSW should be well less than two weeks. Can you clarify when you last spoke to him?

This is the first time I've heard 'another few weeks'

FWIW Clive Peters in QLD have no stock, 43 on backorder. Harvey Norman QLD have no stock, over 50 on backorder. Most of the big name companies have sold off floor stock models aswell. Hope Panasonic had a shedload of containers coming in.

Edited by Guru-Choc

Guest powerbeck
***UPDATE***

Guys,

Our supplier has received a small amount of stock - they will be contacting you over the weekend/early next week. They have 5 x 50" and 7 x 42". A freight fee will be charged but won't be too expensive.

You're welcome to be proactive and call but preference is being given to folk from the top of the list down.

Also - my 50" PZ700A TV is for sale for the bargain price of $2500 inc 3yr warranty. It is now 30 days old but I need to sell it before I leave for OS end of Jan. PM me.

Derek

Hi,

I am interested in purchasing one at this price is there any left for someone who is not in the buying group? I am intested in buying yours if it is still for sale.

Thanks,

Powerbeck

Hi Guys

Has anyone from VIC heard anything about the TV. I've called a few times today and sent emails but have had no response from the store which is starting to annoy me now.

Same here,... and you can see that they've read the emails through return receipt,.. a simple polite response would be nice one way or the other.

Edited by Jimbo123

Boppa

I've got a neighbour who bought a 50" PZ700A and a Belkin surge protector plus delivery for $2,650 from a local Retravision store (they said it was the last one they had) a couple of days ago using a copy of your Clive Peters receipt and a bit more arm twisting. He decided to pass on the +4 yrs warranty/insurance policy, they wanted $395.

It's a lot less than I paid for mine before Christmas - $3,200.

Hi Guys

Has anyone from VIC heard anything about the TV. I've called a few times today and sent emails but have had no response from the store which is starting to annoy me now.

Me and a colleague called the store last wednesday. Got the order in and received on friday. And yes.. we both are in Melbourne.

Me and a colleague called the store last wednesday. Got the order in and received on friday. And yes.. we both are in Melbourne.

Thanks Dadum I'm glade you have recieved yours was it sent from NSW or Local. Looks like the old line preference to the top of the list is a lot of BS it's pretty much who ever is lucky enough to get through to the store gets a TV :angry2: My wife tried 3 times for me today same old line Michael will call you back.

I've got a neighbour who bought a 50" PZ700A and a Belkin surge protector plus delivery for $2,650 from a local Retravision store (they said it was the last one they had)

Are you *really* sure it is a 50PZ700? If it is, then that price is obscenely lower than anything else I have heard. Sure it wasn't a 50PX70, or a 42PZ700? Or a demo/display panel? With low 50PZ700 stock everywhere it seems a price less than about $3200 is not achievable at the present time.

I've got a neighbour who bought a 50" PZ700A and a Belkin surge protector plus delivery for $2,650 from a local Retravision store (they said it was the last one they had) a couple of days ago using a copy of your Clive Peters receipt and a bit more arm twisting. He decided to pass on the +4 yrs warranty/insurance policy, they wanted $395.

It's a lot less than I paid for mine before Christmas - $3,200.

Sorry, you have the model numbers mixed up.

Are you *really* sure it is a 50PZ700? If it is, then that price is obscenely lower than anything else I have heard. Sure it wasn't a 50PX70, or a 42PZ700? Or a demo/display panel? With low 50PZ700 stock everywhere it seems a price less than about $3200 is not achievable at the present time.

Yep it is a 50" PZ700A, identical to mine - his was delivered today. I helped him set it up this afternoon, he needed help to lift it onto his cabinet. They also delivered an Onkyo 805, a new sub and a Beyonwiz PVR, so he spent a few bucks with them.

I armed him with what I had paid pre-Christmas and the price "boppa" (which I thought was awesome) paid and he took it from there. In the one day he went to Clive Peters, Harvey Norman but Retravision was the only one that had one in stock. They were keen to deal, so I guess it pays to be armed with good info...