Panasonic Pz Series Group Buy

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn it! The panel is in Newcastle, shipped by overnight express but now AAE have just rung and said SORRY there is no room left on the truck for it to be delivered today. :angry: So much for paying for overnight delivery, apparantly they will try and do it tomorrow.

Delivery companies are flat out this time of year, give them some slack :)

Edited by Guru-Choc

Delivery companies are flat out this time of year, give them some slack :)

I could not believe that they sent this panel out to be unloaded by a relatively older guy who had no clue as to how he was going to unload it from his van let alone get it into the house and up to the first floor. Obviously both myself and father were there to help but if he had been delivering this to a little old lady he would have never have benn able to do it.

Okay I have now received the 50" PZ and set it up , the FTA looks pretty good on it imo. I am using an older yamaha DVD player at the moment utilising the component output to the panel, not bad PQ but will be looking at a HD-DVD player or PS3 for BD in the next couple of days, might wait till after Xmas to see what goes on special.

I could not believe that they sent this panel out to be unloaded by a relatively older guy who had no clue as to how he was going to unload it from his van let alone get it into the house and up to the first floor. Obviously both myself and father were there to help but if he had been delivering this to a little old lady he would have never have benn able to do it.

I'm not sure about other companies like HN, GG, JB etc.

I know Dick Smith Powerhouse use only a 1 guy delivery.

But Myer was really good, they sent 2 people to deliver the T.V. Myer seems to have a good customer service.

Okay I have now received the 50" PZ and set it up , the FTA looks pretty good on it imo. I am using an older yamaha DVD player at the moment utilising the component output to the panel, not bad PQ but will be looking at a HD-DVD player or PS3 for BD in the next couple of days, might wait till after Xmas to see what goes on special.

What color balance did you set your T.V to?

I reckon "Cool" is the best. Makes white look really white.

I emailed the GB retailer to find out the status of panels for Victoria, If you are after a 42" they will ship one down but for a higher price due to the extra transport costs. Other than that its a wait until January for Panasonic to pull their finger out! :(

For those that can't get the PZ 50" before christmas why not go for the Samsung P9?? Or you guys are true pana's fans??

I thought many would jump into the P9 offer?

Guest hamandeggs
For those that can't get the PZ 50" before christmas why not go for the Samsung P9?? Or you guys are true pana's fans??

I just don't think it looks as good, so will wait till Jan for more Panasonic stock to come in.

I just don't think it looks as good, so will wait till Jan for more Panasonic stock to come in.

I'm pretty sure for those of you who wait till Jan. Please try not to Jump in TOO quick. I'm pretty sure Pana. will have some freebies offer.

They Have to??? Since Pana. is the only brand not giving freebies out!

I'm an owner of PZ, Only reason because Myer around 3 weeks ago didn't want to sell it me for the price I wanted for the P9 but was more than happy to offer me the PZ. LOL!

Edited by byt

I would have gone this route if the GB 50" panel was a nogo before Xmas. I thought the PQ on the P9 was quite good from the small amount of time I had to play with it.

I would have gone this route if the GB 50" panel was a nogo before Xmas. I thought the PQ on the P9 was quite good from the small amount of time I had to play with it.

But why didn't you go for the P9 with its freebie and save you all the headache for the past week.

Any reason why you were adamant to get the PZ over the P9.

I allready own an older Pana 42" and it has been a dream, I want to stick with what I know is good. The P9 looks good, until it is turned on, a free less than $200 telly as a freebie won't change my mind.

Have u guys read the review on the PZ on www.cnet.com.au.

What a lousy review. Rather than telling us about the pic. quality etc. it went on and on about the processing and its analog tuner!! and analog signal from a samsung DVD recorder.

Hello its a 1080p T.V.

And then it says:

{

Using the Panasonic's own tuners we found that noisy signals were reined in on analog broadcasts, and digital signals were relatively free of noise and artefacts.

}

Ok, this means the samsung DVD recorder tuner should be thrown away!

And it says plenty of jaggies when playing a DVD. I never encounter an jaggies at all!! Probably because I use a sony upscaling DVD player.

Yeah, some feedback on the TVs would be good.

I haven't been able to get through and talk to Brian or Michael in the last week, I keep getting the "Sorry they are busy and will call you back" but no call. When I did manage to talk to them before, they were trying to get a transfer between stores as they said there were about 10x 50" PZs in Perth at other GG stores. I guess the silence means they had no luck with the other stores transferring stock.

The best price I could get (from another Perth retailer with 50PZ in stock) was $3200, but they were going to burn me with the extra 2 years warranty I was after. Gotta wait till Jan I suppose...

Hey all,

I'm still hanging in until January. Like many I tried to get a panel moved from a local store but they wouldn't come to the party. Seems that the best price you can get is $3200. Not happy with that imo. Anyway, gonna do the wait. GB people are talking mid-jan as we all know. Hopefully the wait wont be too painful!

Cheers

Hudang

Its been rather quiet here lately, maybe some f the guys that actually did recieve panels before Xmas could tell us what to expect?

This is my first plasma, only CRT until now -- And I'm really impressed with it. SD looks good. 10 HD has put a few 1080p documentaries on in the afternoon and they look REALLY good when you get up close. The detail is fantastic.

The colour setup menu has a few options, Normal, Auto, vivid etc, but what I didn't realise is that the TV and every other input has these and they are able to be set independently. I set up the DVD using THX and wondered why the TV hadn't changed.

So hang in there guys! they're worth the wait.

The saga continues. After a great deal of work by Michael and Brian they finally sourced a 50PZ700 for me out of NSW and arranged delivery by Toll Ipec to Melbourne. Pick up was made by Toll Ipec around Dec 18. As of yesterday (Dec 24) they are unable to locate my delivery. :angry2: Hoping they can track it down when they get back to work on Thursday.

Woo Hoo. Toll Ipec located my 50PZ700 and it was delivered today without any further hick ups. I don't profess to be an expert on picture quality but all I can say is that I am really pleased with what we have.

Michael, Brian and Derek all contributed, in trying circumstances, to making me a very happy customer. Thanks guys.

Which store and which state? Got receipt that can be sent?

Hey guys, anyone still waiting for their telly might want to consider this for price matching purposes, best price someone got: TH-50PZ700A - $3180 Including 5 Warranty & Delivery (Clive Peeters).