Panasonic Pz Series Group Buy

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously beg to differ. With my gf working at JB I know what prices the retailers more or less pay for them, and this is an insane price.

The supplier through this GB would be making SFA, and would only make the money on the warranty. So for the prices to go down it is going to have to be a cut in price from panasonic - not likely going to happen if the demand is there.

Supply vs demand = price. Supply low, demand high, prices should be higher. I am happy with our price and can wait till the end of the week at least.

Although for all the people who really want a tv before chrissy, its understandable if you feel the need to dropout, although this could pull through and then you would be kicking yourself.

I don't mean to be rude, but your GF must be one of those junior salespeople that don't know the real prices of these panels! Now when Mr Maxwell organised this GB he got the best price that anyone had at the time! Even now few people have been able to get anywhere near the GB price. Having said this, if you look at the Panasonic... how much did you pay thread, there are people quoting $2400 -$2500 for this panel. In fact, one punter got one from JB (surprise, surprise) for $2200 and an additional $250 or so for extended warranty - I have a copy of the receipt as proof!

As with most technology the longer you wait the cheaper it becomes as more 'newer' technology comes out. It is no fault of Mr Maxwell's in the delays. In fact he should be applauded for the effort and hard work he put in getting an unbelievable price (at the time) on these panels - saves you a lot of haggling!

Guys,

Any one from Melbourne got a call yet or did someone contact the stores.

I checked couple of stores locally at they said the wait time is week to 10day... (the same story from city stores as well, Myer and JB)

Melbourne people can you please PM on any news. Can't wait for the panel

Narain

Guys,

Any one from Melbourne got a call yet or did someone contact the stores.

I checked couple of stores locally at they said the wait time is week to 10day... (the same story from city stores as well, Myer and JB)

Melbourne people can you please PM on any news. Can't wait for the panel

Narain

I think this is starting to fall into a heap.. its 2.30pm on the day that we were promised a phone call..

I wouldn't be getting my hopes up..

Waiting patently here. (although not easy)

I wasn't actually planning to purchase until the new year but when the GB came up, the credit card price was really good. I had been able to negotiate $2500 cash (42") but truthfully CASH is a little hard to free up this side of Christmas.

I am planning to give this GB a fair chance.

Thank you for your efforts Mrmaxwell.

Edited by mediaphite

What's with the personal attack?

How does insulting someone help?

Sorry Mr Happy Pants, getting bored and tetchy waiting for my Panel. Just having a bit of fun (at someone elses expense). Just read his comments, the mans a tool. He's telling us he bought Samsung lcd over the pz700a. As if we haven't been out and looked at every panel available (not too mention hours of trawling through forums) in order to decide on buying this panel. I even checked out a Planar 46"lcd with all the lastes processing that retails for $6,500. There was still judder. The PZ700a at this price is by far the best value for money. Samsung schmamsung.

Guys many people have been called, have paid & organised delivery.

Please be patient as it takes a fair bit of work sourcing the stock, organising courier etc.

As I said many people are not posting here and reporting success so just sit tight. I'm still waiting for a call on my panel so if I can wait so can everyone else hahahaha

Derek

This is the reason I didn't want to include the PZ models in the GB I just COMPLETED. I did get pricing and was thinking on adding them in but the salesperson warned me that there was likely to be a shortage so I opted to leave them out.

Very glad I did so seeing what has happened in this GB.

I must say following the progress of this GB as an "outsider" that it is concerning to see the story change so often from the organiser. It's like a soap opera and the way it's panning out I reckon the last episode of the season is just around the corner. And we all know how much drama they manage to pack into the last episode, don't we?

Sorry Mr Happy Pants, getting bored and tetchy waiting for my Panel.

G'day thezone525

Cool. I understand your frustration.

FWiW

I'm in Melbourne, No 14 on the list, haven't heard anything.

Patiently waiting.

Mrmaxwell. I feel for you. "The best laid plans of mice and men."

If some have had calls, paid, received etc; why don't they post their progress? I know I couldn't wait to post the good news!

Just a heads up for Melb people.. Apparently there is 1 panel but its in the middle of woop woop, so we're all going to have to wait til the next shipment...

Hrm.. I wonder if i can get a really good deal on a Samsung with a free 26"..

Thanks MrMaxwell for your hard work.. just a shame it didn't work out...

I must say following the progress of this GB as an "outsider" that it is concerning to see the story change so often from the organiser. It's like a soap opera and the way it's panning out I reckon the last episode of the season is just around the corner. And we all know how much drama they manage to pack into the last episode, don't we?

Mate go back to your own GB and thanks for the comments :wacko:

It has worked out for many people just not you yet....please be optimistic rather than posting negative comments every hour. - this helps no one - thanks :)

There is a shortage of 50" in VIC which is being looked at...42" will not be a problem.

Michael has said that he doesn't want to call people to tell them the bad news..

You make your own judgement..

At least Michael was upfront about it and said that, it'll work out just so long as you're prepared to wait.. I'm not.. I'd rather just be told a yes or no answer, rather than it dragging on and being told... yes.. tomorrow..

Edited by vladdo

It has worked out for many people just not you yet....please be optimistic rather than posting negative comments every hour. - this helps no one - thanks :)

There is a shortage of 50" in VIC which is being looked at...42" will not be a problem.

If the 42" is not a problem is there another reason for the delay? I only want a 42" !! :)

Mate go back to your own GB and thanks for the comments :wacko:

I would, but it seems to have come to a successful conclusion so now there's nothing TO go back to.

Unless there are some people here who want to jump back over and pick up a 42PX or 50PX as my salesguy is more than happy to cater for them.

Just got off the phone with them in Sydney. 42"s were meant to be delivered to the store by the 5pm deadline today and haven't been. Have been assured that the truck did leave Panasonic and they will have 42" stock but it won't be in till tomorrow...............................

I spoke to Michael this morning about the 42" I paid for last Thursday.

He said there was a shipment of 16 panels coming in today and he would "absolutely definitely" call me back today to arrange delivery tomorrow.

So after no call I just rang and played phone tag for 15 mins until a lady helped me. She told me the stock level in store and it was nowhere near 16, so either the shipment arrived and they have allocated almost all of them, or it hasn't arrived yet. Fingers crossed, it is now supposed to be delivered tomorrow - assuming I get the call from the delivery company tonight.

The wall mount is up and waiting...

Just got off the phone with them in Sydney. 42"s were meant to be delivered to the store by the 5pm deadline today and haven't been. Have been assured that the truck did leave Panasonic and they will have 42" stock but it won't be in till tomorrow...............................

Interesting.. unless the woman I spoke to was mistaken, they do have a couple in stock. Must be holding them back for the walk-ins.

btw I've heard the delivery truck is coming tomorrow every day since last Thursday so take it with a grain of salt and don't get your hopes up too much. ;)

Edited by Muppet

Interesting.. unless the woman I spoke to was mistaken, they do have a couple in stock. Must be holding them back for the walk-ins.

Yeah, I spoke to Michael, the computers show 2 but the shipment for the GB missed the warehouse closing deadline so never arrived.