Panasonic Pz Series Group Buy

Hello Derek,

I was the first"non NSW "buyer to register and , to date, I have not received a call. This didn't overly concern me, but in view of the earlier notification that people would be called in order of registering, I am now a little bit on edge.

I think GB should be city specific so that the group can pay locally and pick-up the goods right away. May be its little bit expensive with say 20-25 people vs. 70, but surely not that much.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be helpful if people who have recieved their sets or have paid and are waiting for delivery update the Wiki.

May reassure some people that the ball is rolling and progress is being made.

I also read a post re wall mounting and the buldge on this set which no one has replied to, isn't this why we have this web group to share infomation? or are we just here to whine about having to wait a couple weeks for the privilaged pricing we are recieving.

I understand the fustration as we are all keen to start enjoying our sets and we are disapointed with the wait. But I'm confident the retailer is quickly working towards an outcome. If any one thinking of bailing on the GB, JB has them priced at 3999 with a cross through it so maybe you could talk them down. If you do organise another 70 for the rest of us and then comment

The 700A can easily be purchased for $3480 without even trying to haggle just google the model number.

Your comments are identical to those that I and a few others said in another GB that went disasterously wrong. This time though I am not paying any money up front to be left dangling for weeks or months. I will wait for a phone call but if it does not come tomorrow then I am going to have to reconsider my intent with the GB, I am not prepared as you obviously are to wait for a few more weeks.

Edited by mav

Guys a few points;

1. many people are emailing me but don't seem to be posting. Just because no one has posted here does not mean end of the world. A lot of people signed up to the forum just to get in the GB

2. if you received a call or have taken delivery of your panel by all means share with the group, pics etc so the 'delicate' GB members are put at ease!

3. Total of 71 people are in this GB but only 5-10 are on here every hr posting doom and gloom....chill

4. By all means the few guys who are worried, etc just call our contact tomorrow. You have the number...they are great blokes - they will give you an update!!!

5. End of rant :D

I hope your GB price was better than the price I was offered by Myer in Bris on Saturday for the Pana PZ 700A - $2,990 + $350 for the 48 month warranty upgrade. I would have been able to drive home with it as they had it in stock.

Instead I opted pass and bought a 46" F series Samsung LCD instead (a couple of hundred dollars more), it's better suited to my bright living room. I pick that up on Friday afternoon, subject to them receiving their expected delivery. It also includes a free Samsung 26" LCD by redemption.

I should add I spent a little over $10,000 while I was in the store on Saturday morning.

Edited by goldgxl

Instead I opted pass and bought a 46" F series Samsung LCD instead (a couple of hundred dollars more), it's better suited to my bright living room. I pick that up on Friday afternoon, subject to them receiving their expected delivery. It also includes a free Samsung 26" LCD by redemption.

what price did you get for that mate?

I hope your GB price was better than the price I was offered by Myer in Bris on Saturday for the Pana PZ 700A - $2,990 + $350 for the 48 month warranty upgrade. I would have been able to drive home with it as they had it in stock.

I should add I spent a little over $10,000 while I was in the store on Saturday morning.

I guess the more important question is:if you were only purchasing the PZ700A would the same price have been offered?

Why are you posting here? Why the f@&k would you buy a Samsung 46lcd over the p700? I think you should see an optometrist!

Why are you posting here? Why the f@&k would you buy a Samsung 46lcd over the p700? I think you should see an optometrist!

So you're not interested in the best price available and maybe pickup a pointer or two on how to negotiate?

Now we're going to degenerate to the use of descriptive language. What if I told you I saw the Myer cost price for the 700A but you wouldn't want to know that either, would you? I wanted a 700A but when I saw it running in store it was clear to me it was not going to suit the room I was planning to put it in - way too bright during the day, an LCD was better suited PLUS I get a free 26" LCD tele.

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it.

What if I told you I saw the Myer cost price for the 700A but you wouldn't want to know that either, would you?

Everyone knows the so called 'cost price' you see on the floor has no reality...it doesn't take into consideration rebates from Panasonic and certainly is not the true price that Panasonic charge the retailer.

I've seen cost prices on the 50" 700A range from $1900 through to $3680 depending on which store you go to - I even saw 2 different cost prices in THE SAME STORE!

Crazy!

So you're not interested in the best price available and maybe pickup a pointer or two on how to negotiate?

Well here’s a pointer or two on negotiation.

Retailers never reveal their actual real cost prices!

The so-called cost prices that are ‘revealed’ from a store’s computer during negotiation sometimes are merely figures that serve as a reserve that junior salesmen are not allowed to go under.

The store’s actual cost prices are lower than that!

Don’t be fooled!

Cheers

The so-called cost prices that are ‘revealed’ from a store’s computer during negotiation sometimes are merely figures that serve as a reserve that junior salesmen are not allowed to go under.

Sorry if I have used the wrong terminology. In your terms, junior salesmen at Myer in Bris are not allowed to go below $2,950 for a 700A. Hint, hint!

Edited by goldgxl

I wanted a 700A but when I saw it running in store it was clear to me it was not going to suit the room I was planning to put it in - way too bright during the day, an LCD was better suited PLUS I get a free 26" LCD tele.

Maybe the 700a was running because it saw you coming with your 5" thick glasses! Oh and by the way, if your watching tv during the day then you NEED TO GET A LIFE!

Samsung has done a good job of tricking people into buying its panels by giving them a 'free' 26" LCD which I imagine has a cost price of around $200. The cost price of my tiny 22" LCD was $185 6 months ago...the 26" must be cheap now.

Fast movements on the new Sammy panel is judder hell I tell you....I watched it for 30mins last Saturday against the Philips/LG and Panny. The LG wasn't much better.

Paid for the tv over the weekend (thursday), was told to pick it up Sunday or yesterday. Picked it up yesterday.

The Retailer is getting stock from all of their other stores in order to satisfy this group buy.

Ordered HDMI cables from foxtail ( http://www.hdmioz.com/ ) & they were delivered before the email to say they are in the post was (2-3 days).

what else do i write?

the panel is HUGE & good, no - REALLY good pq.

Have it connected via HDMI to PS3. all the settings were automatic.

I hope this chillax's some of the people who haven't been called yet. Will post pix if/when i get a chance today.

Edited by rfa

They definitely have stock issues. I paid last Thursday in store and still haven't received a call about delivery, which they said I would get on Friday.

Left a message and waiting for call back from store.

(no panic, just letting people know how it's going)

(oh and just a bit miffed that people paying on the weekend already have their panel..)

Edited by Muppet

They definitely have stock issues. I paid last Thursday in store and still haven't received a call about delivery, which they said I would get on Friday.

Left a message and waiting for call back from store.

I thought the 42" were going to be easy to get.

Lets see what today has in store for us. Possibly a phone call.

Just got off the phone from talking to Michael and he was upfront about the stocking issues, they are trying their best to get stock from other stores but as I suspected there is no guarrantee that the other stores will oblige their request to use the other franchisees stock levels to fulfill the GB order. As far as new stock of the 50" panel, well there will be no new stock until Feb 08 so if they are unable to get the stock from the other franchisees then those that miss out will be waiting till Feb08 for the 50".

Michael did say that they will know their position better on Thursday but he hopes to start notifying people either later today or tomorrow as to when to expect delivery.

Edited by mav

Just got off the phone from talking to Michael and he was upfront about the stocking issues, they are trying their best to get stock from other stores but as I suspected there is no guarrantee that the other stores will oblige their request to use the other franchisees stock levels to fulfill the GB order. As far as new stock of the 50" panel, well there will be no new stock until Feb 08 so if they are unable to get the stock from the other franchisees then those that miss out will be waiting till Feb08 for the 50".

Michael did say that they will know their position better on Thursday but he hopes to start notifying people either later today or tomorrow as to when to expect delivery.

Yeap.. just as i thought.. Its now a game of musical chairs as to who gets one.. oh well, it was a nice price, just a shame no one has any..

First time I've heard the Feb 08 date...I don't expect anyone to wait that long. I am sure they will pull it together...it doesn't help that the place was packed on the weekend and people are buying flat panels by the dozen!

Well that came straight from Michael this morning, he was very straight forward with me when I asked specific questions which is good. I hate it when sales people lie their arses off to secure a sale. He did say that he would be working on contacting the different franchises around the country to see if they will assist in getting stock out to people but at the end of the day they are all independantly owned franchises and if the owners do not want to oblige their request for help then there is nothing they can do. We just have to hope that there are enough franchisees around the country who want to assist with this, otherwise it is a long wait for those who miss out. When I told him where I was on the list he did not sound to confident about getting one delivered to me, it did not help when the two franchisees in my area do not have stock of the 50" model.

Well that came straight from Michael this morning, he was very straight forward with me when I asked specific questions which is good. I hate it when sales people lie their arses off to secure a sale. He did say that he would be working on contacting the different franchises around the country to see if they will assist in getting stock out to people but at the end of the day they are all independantly owned franchises and if the owners do not want to oblige their request for help then there is nothing they can do. We just have to hope that there are enough franchisees around the country who want to assist with this, otherwise it is a long wait for those who miss out. When I told him where I was on the list he did not sound to confident about getting one delivered to me, it did not help when the two franchisees in my area do not have stock of the 50" model.

The local HN near me has no stock, there next batch is presold aswell and don't expect any until late January. The Good Guys have 2 left, 1 on display.