Panasonic Pz Series Group Buy

If possible, though, I may be better off waiting until after christmas, when spending lots of money on a TV may be more appropriate for me. Wonder if any deals will come along, like this, early next year?

I'm interested to know whether people think that post-Christmas prices will get anywhere near these prices? Seems unlikely to me, personally.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I say, I have no doubts that everything is legit,

The are numerous things that reassure me that everything here is ligit.

Mrmaxwell has been a member of the forum for 4 years and 410 posts, every aspect of his correspondence and behaviour has been appropriate for the (generous) task he has undertaken. The money is being collected by the retailer not Mrmaxwel.

The only slight doubt is how do you really know who is on the other end of the phone when it rings. This doubt is healthy - because we keep hearing in ACA and TodayTonight about bad people taking good ones for a ride (if you can get over the sensationalist/bias/inaccuracy of those shows)

My thanks to MrMaxwell for his hard work - I am 99.5% certain this will end very well.

Edited by mediaphite

I'm interested to know whether people think that post-Christmas prices will get anywhere near these prices? Seems unlikely to me, personally.

There is no chance. I asked my GF to price a 50" at staff prices at JB HIFI, and lets just say that the price we are getting astounds me.

I am trying to sort my CC out so I can opt for the 50" otherwise I will have to settle for the 42" - will know in the next 45min :D

The only slight doubt is how do you really know who is on the other end of the phone when it rings. This doubt is healthy - because we keep hearing in ACA and TodayTonight about bad people taking good ones for a ride (if you can get over the sensationalist/bias/inaccuracy of those shows)

:ph34r:

If you are that paranoid, when they ring, ask for their name and store branch location and tell them you will ring back.

Now go look up that branch's phone number on their website, or yellow pages, whatever.

Then ring and ask for that person.

Problem solved.

Unless the guy from the store is scamming you. :wacko:

I think anyone with some common sense can tell pretty quickly if a deal does not sound right or not.

I've asked all Sydney buyers to complete their purchase in-store if possible! Hardly dodgy would you say?

Of course if you don't feel comfortable don't take part - simple. Freedom of choice is a great thing!

Edit: Patrick make sure you don't check out this thread when we're all salivating over our new displays :P

Edited by mrmaxwell

mrmaxwell - my apologies if it sounded like I was being at all accusatory!

mediaphite probably said it better than I did - it's good to just have some healthy skepticism to make sure you don't ever get taken for a ride, but there are plenty of reasons to be comfortable with you and all your good work. And I note that you are encouraging people to show up and pay cash in person in Sydney, which would of course not happen if there was any hanky panky.

Mrmaxwell, just to get this right, I sent my purchase confirmation, I hanven't received anything back. I'm assuming I'm not supposed to yet and that the retailer will contact me on monday?

Am I correct?

Yes correct.

Please ensure you update the wiki - I will be matching the wiki list to the purchase emails on Monday before forwarding to the retailer

I read somewhere on here that Panasonic have run out of stock of the 50" and will not have any till January. Can someone in the know confirm or deny this? Does the GB retailer have enough stock of 50" to fulfill the GB order in one shot or will it be in dribs and drabs. This is kind of important to me as I am only in Newcastle for the next two months before heading back to Alice.

Ok, I'm seriously considering getting the display, one question on the warranty though - since that warranty is through the retailer (based in Sydney), what happens if you're not in Sydney and you have a warranty claim, will it work through the local store of that retailer or would it have to be sent back?

because it is a national retailer I would expect any branch of that retailer to honour the warranty. - But it's not for me to answer.

one question on the warranty though - since that warranty is through the retailer (based in Sydney), what happens if you're not in Sydney and you have a warranty claim, will it work through the local store of that retailer or would it have to be sent back?

Warranty is provided by a third party with national coverage as the retailer is national.

Derek, can you please confirm that my order email has been received ? is there a way in the wiki to verify everyone's firm orders against the list ? a tick maybe ? :unsure:

Yes I've received your email and you have updated the wiki list.

I read somewhere on here that Panasonic have run out of stock of the 50" and will not have any till January. Can someone in the know confirm or deny this? Does the GB retailer have enough stock of 50" to fulfill the GB order in one shot or will it be in dribs and drabs. This is kind of important to me as I am only in Newcastle for the next two months before heading back to Alice.

My contact has told me there is plenty of stock around. Do you think Panasonic would run out of their hottest product 3 weeks before Xmas??? I certainly don't think so...

Hey Derek, is there any way the retailer can start going through the list and ring people to put their order through now? Assuming we have reached the min. number of poeple required for the GB price?

The retailer gets the full list Monday morning...I expect they will commence calls that afternoon or Tues. I will keep everyone updated don't worry.

For people in Sydney in-store purchase will be available from Tuesday - I'll be ordering on Monday hope you don't mind me getting the first order in :rolleyes: