Panasonic Pz Series Group Buy

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't have problems with the password either.

Signed up for a 42", can't wait to get it. Am sure it will be a *bit* of an improvement on my existing telly (a 15-year-old black box with no inputs, $30, courtesy of Cash Converters)

Anyone knows how big the packaging. WIll it fit into the back seat of My corolla. I will need to transport it home from work. How heavy are they both?

I hope u are not refering to the 50", The BOX is HUGE!!!!! Even if you have a landcruiser it still wouldn't fit in!

For the life of me I just cannot find the password to the wiki any where.If someone could PM it to me I would appreciate it.

Edit: I must have been trying to edit the wiki when it was opened by somebody else that is why I could not get in.

Edited by mav

Yeah I went for three years aswell. At the rate I change tv's (only bought a sammy 42 "hd" plasma 1 year ago and already I have succumb to the full hd god) I will propbably want the new .................insert future ultra high def format panel tv here................in another years time.

I don't want to sound like a killjoy, but how do we know that this whole deal is legitamate. I mean is someone going to ring me on monday and say " uh yeah this is joe from ......... can i have your credit card details please?" Sorry Derek I don't mean to offend, it looks extremely well orgainsed and I am really keen on getting the 50" panny. Is it possible that we can ring the retailer back on the day to confirm or something?

Email of interest sent - 42 inch. :)

If possible, though, I may be better off waiting until after christmas, when spending lots of money on a TV may be more appropriate for me. Wonder if any deals will come along, like this, early next year?

I don't want to sound like a killjoy, but how do we know that this whole deal is legitamate. I mean is someone going to ring me on monday and say " uh yeah this is joe from ......... can i have your credit card details please?" Sorry Derek I don't mean to offend, it looks extremely well orgainsed and I am really keen on getting the 50" panny. Is it possible that we can ring the retailer back on the day to confirm or something?

If you're in Sydney you can pay the supplier directly at a shop front - may not help you if you're not in Sydney though! Anyway, I am assuming that it will be a store salesperson that contacts you, if this is the case you could always make arrangements with them to pay in person at the store!

:rolleyes:

I don't want to sound like a killjoy, but how do we know that this whole deal is legitamate.

Damnit you've busted my credit card scam!!!!

Wading through 200 emails daily and keeping my retailer cool calm and collected ensuring he won't have half of Oz calling him next week is not the way I'd run a scam :D

On Monday I'll be handing over everyone's purchase details to our contact and then he will start going down the list calling people to collect details and confirm purchases. If you're in Sydney I am encouraging you to attend the store and pay in person...thanking our contact in the process.

Are people getting the 3 yrs or 5 yrs warranty?

I put down for 5 yrs, but might change it if it alright with Derek.

'Extended warranty' and 'interest free finance' is where many retailers make their money. (especially in this case!!) It is a fair percentage of the purchase cost.

Articles such as this -

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/NewsStory.aspx?story=64307

- state that plasmas have a very good reliability. And actually single out the US version "Panasonic's 50-inch TH-50PZ700U"

There are a number of ways of looking at it:

- At a repair rate of ~2% one out of this group buy has a good chance of needing some attention.

- even then the 'average' repair cost isn't all that high.

- No doubt in 4 out of your 5 years time there will be something better and cheaper.

- Having said all this - it really is insurance and piece of mind.

Not an easy decision, but it depends on how you perceive the risk and how you feel about that risk

Edited by mediaphite

Are people getting the 3 yrs or 5 yrs warranty?

I put down for 5 yrs, but might change it if it alright with Derek.

I personally think the manufacturers 1 year warranty is sufficient. Most electronic faults appear in the first 3 months (at least that's what they told me when I worked at telstra) and after that, most devices seem stable.

Anyway, the way technology keeps bringing out bigger and better stuff. This will soon end up in the kid's rumpus room.

I personally went for the extra 2 years warranty for a total of 3.

For the extra $$$ is just for the piece of mind for such an expensive item.

I'm usually ant-extended warranty, but in this case I agree, and the additional two years isn't all that expensive, compared to some I've seen.

After agonising through and failing to act on three other group buys, I'vd finally signed up to this one, for a 50" set - can't wait.

On Monday I'll be handing over everyone's purchase details to our contact and then he will start going down the list calling people to collect details and confirm purchases. If you're in Sydney I am encouraging you to attend the store and pay in person...thanking our contact in the process.

Not that think you're up to no good :ph34r: but it has occurred to me too - I'm in Adelaide. It would be quite easy to come on this forum and get a bunch of people to sign up, then phone them all on Monday, say you're from some big brand shop, and put through their credit card details. So it requires a certain amount of good faith on the buyer's part, I suppose.

As I say, I have no doubts that everything is legit, but I think the question is quite legitimate too. If there was any way of paying in an SA branch of the same store I would be very interested to know, personally.