Sign in to follow this  
ThePump

Hdtv Prices

Just been ringing around, HN are offering the Pana 42PZ80A for $1997. $2200 including +2 years warranty and delivery, on their finance (GE Money - $25 fee, $3.95/month). They have 6 in stock.

This is in Adelaide, and the best I can get. JB are sold out and said next shipment would be 2012 ;), Good guys can only do $2313, but they say their warranty is much much better than anywhere else. They say that other places make you pay a callout fee and the 1st hour of labour... Is this true?

Also, is $2200 with total 3yrs warranty and delivery an OK price for the 42PZ80A on finance? I see people getting crazy discounts (cash obviously) on other TVs...

I think you could do better than that , people have been getting the 50" for not much more than that.

As you say, more than likely cash, but if you push a bit harder I reckon you can get another couple of hundred off that price.

Skyworth???

Yeah. The Skyworth is good for Chinese. It may be not the best, but enough.

The price of HD Set Top Box is about $200, which has three format -- MPEG-2 / H.264 / AVS .

I have had a LG 50PG70FD for about 2 months now, after previously owning a 42 inch LG HD plasma (42PX5D). Both sets still going great. I really can't see why people have reservations about buying LG. Those plasmas are unbeatable in terms of quality and value (in that order).

Edited by ZoomJC

Is it possible to find a good 32" HD LCD with built in tuner for $1K?

37" would be better again but I suspect that is really pushing my chances.

I have no idea about prices in Mexico, hombre.

If it's Australia we're talking about, you could easily pick up a 32" with HD tuner for around $800 to $850. 37" might be available for around $1000. I've seen a Samsung 40" A450 LCD advertised for $1189 at Myer Eastgardens.

You could also trawl through stores looking for a 42" plasma for around the $1k mark. Much bigger and better value than a 32" for $1k IMO.

The price of HD Set Top Box is about $200, which has three format -- MPEG-2 / H.264 / AVS .

Why does Skyworth need a set top box ? I thought even the yum-cha TVs came with an "inbuilt HD tuner" these days.

Beware.

That could be my one that I returned, it had burn in the right corner.

If it's the same set it's the old generation, you can tell because the bezel is piano black - not that blacky/red crystal bezel.

I checked it out again today and its the series 7, but no burn in. Then again it was looping Fantastic Four and that section of the screen was black due to the letterbox.

Might be worth the gamble if it had a HDD for that money, then again I havn't checked the price of PVR's lately, they are probably still around $500 for a HD model?

Is it possible to find a good 32" HD LCD with built in tuner for $1K?

37" would be better again but I suspect that is really pushing my chances.

myer maroochydore 32" lgs this weekend $799 21.03.09 22.03.09

Just been ringing around, HN are offering the Pana 42PZ80A for $1997. $2200 including +2 years warranty and delivery, on their finance (GE Money - $25 fee, $3.95/month). They have 6 in stock.

This is in Adelaide, and the best I can get. JB are sold out and said next shipment would be 2012 ;), Good guys can only do $2313, but they say their warranty is much much better than anywhere else. They say that other places make you pay a callout fee and the 1st hour of labour... Is this true?

Also, is $2200 with total 3yrs warranty and delivery an OK price for the 42PZ80A on finance? I see people getting crazy discounts (cash obviously) on other TVs...

nope. best way. grab there warranty form ring the company and ask about wear and tear and call out

Edited by retailforlife

just back from indooroopilly ^_^

HN has a PS42A450 ticketed down from $1699 to $1399 with 5 year warranty ^_^

it's a one only :rolleyes:

i don't know if it's the floor stock one or not :blink:

but we got that deal for $1299 so i don't see why someone can't try to do better :D

and i have my speakers, reciever and ipod dock :lol:

got Queen Singstar too :D

but can't get near the main computer to post the photos :ninja:

Edited by mcduck

Hey do you guys reckon $1500 with free delivery is a good price for a 46" 1080p Toshiba LCD baring in mind its a floor model and probably been a floor model for about 6 months. Thats probably why its so cheap, but really pretty cheap for a 46" 1080p. Its a 46x3000a. Its from myer.

Wow have 46xv500a 100hz for $1995 and myer will price match and do gift voucher deal but only have floor model in stock :^(

Hey do you guys reckon $1500 with free delivery is a good price for a 46" 1080p Toshiba LCD baring in mind its a floor model and probably been a floor model for about 6 months. Thats probably why its so cheap, but really pretty cheap for a 46" 1080p. Its a 46x3000a. Its from myer.

Wow have 46xv500a 100hz for $1995 and myer will price match and do gift voucher deal but only have floor model in stock :^(

Don't buy a floor model. Period.

If the nearest Myer doesn't have the Toshiba, you could always call other Myer stores in your vicinity and ask them to match.

Bought a Samsung La40a650 (1080p 40" LCD) the other day for $1850 from Good Guys Campbelltown.

Started thinking of getting a samsung PS50a550 its $1995 at WOW atm and myer will price match with the myer gift card promo could get it for $1850.

Started thinking of getting a samsung PS50a550 its $1995 at WOW atm and myer will price match with the myer gift card promo could get it for $1850.

That would a super-cheap deal for a 50" Full HD plasma. Some people are buying the Pana PX80 HD for more !

Got the PS50A550S1 50" 1080p series 5 samsung from myer price matched wow $1995 price then got 1500 worth of gift certificates so $150 boost. Ended up paying $1845. Will pick up BNIB from my local myer.

Got the PS50A550S1 50" 1080p series 5 samsung from myer price matched wow $1995 price then got 1500 worth of gift certificates so $150 boost. Ended up paying $1845. Will pick up BNIB from my local myer.

Congratulations. You're going to be inundated with requests for the scanned receipt !

no need anybody can print out the wow catalogue and the gift voucher deal is on till this sunday. Will supply if required

hi can somebody tell me what wow is?? where can i get their catalogue? thanks

well there is World of WarCraft :D

but i think they mean this place that's starting to take over Queensland :o

http://www.wowwicked.com.au/

Can scan the reciept if required. But its for $1995, the $150 off came via the payment process. Hopefully will be an alright tv.

Anyones want to buy a 42" KTV LTW42D? its actually pretty good and im going to miss it but the HDMI ports wont handshake with my 360 or ps3. The 360 is good over VGA, but the ps3 is a touch deadly over component. Get heaps of interference over component (have heap of bar floros in the house and I think my aftermarks ps3 cables are pretty crap too). The hdmi ports work well for dumb hdmi devices. Set top box hdmi is sweet and have tried a toshiba e1 HD-DVD player over HDMI and works fine. If anyone knows anybody that dosent game (works well with the wii of course) that wants a cheap lcd (in brisbane) i'd be considering offers around the $500 mark? Havent decided i want to wall mount it in the backroom but missus isnt too keen on that. Plus with a 1080p screen and surround in the living room I doubt ill use it.

Damn I forgot I was after digital coaxial out. (amp has 2 optical 1 digital no hdmi) Oh well if there is a chance of a half decent movie on digital terrestrial or a big game on i can just swap the 360 optical out I guess.

I could run the hdmi audio from the ps3 then optical to the amp but I heard this creates a fair bit of delay.

ahh the complexities of having all consoles brings.....

Edited by BloodyKev