Sign in to follow this  
ThePump

Hdtv Prices

Got quoted $6850 for Pioneer LX508 at Myers Melbourne on 10/11 Spoke to Kosta. No issue with cards. No arm twisting applied at all. Just asked for best price and told that DJ's were having a special 10% off sale,

Sony Central in Perth and Melville had a two day sale (which started Friday November 30).

KDL-46X3100 - $3600

KDL-52X3100 - $5200

Best prices I've seen displayed in a store yet for these.

hey guys.

i just bought a 40X3100 from clive anthonys for $2550. very happy.

Edited by anandr

In Perth Rich Hart Vic. Park store where they are having a pre-reno clearance sale. Saw a LG 42LB2DE going for $2749.

Slightly cheaper than the DJ $2799 price error. Makes you wonder if DJ were making a lost or not.

hey guys.

Damn that's a great price - was a lot of bargaining required for that?

42LB2DE is being discontinued you can bargain way lower than those prices

I was offered a sony 46" xbr for $4500 with 5 year warranty at Harvey Norman. Is that a good deal?

I was offered a sony 46" xbr for $4500 with 5 year warranty at Harvey Norman. Is that a good deal?

hey mate

not really, see wiki here:

http://hdtvprices.pbwiki.com/

someone got the 46" XBR for $3800

cheers

$3800 with the full 5 year waranty?

don't think so.

but even still, as long as you get the warranty for < $700 (which you should be able to) then you're still ahead

Damn that's a great price - was a lot of bargaining required for that?

hey mate.

not really - just told them about us having bought stuff from them in the past, and also that JB had the 40X3100 for $2800 with 5 yr warranty. he rang JB, then said no worries. we got the TV for $2550 and the clive anthony's 5 yr warranty for $200.

hope this helps!

Just secured a Samsung 46" F81 for $3100 @HN!. Also checked JB & Good Guys, they were around $3500.

hey guys.

wow...can you PM your purchase detail???

Seeing the prices that the yanks are paying for TV's makes me cry. It's in the order of half!

If in theory their tv's work here (ie all standards covered) wonder what the delivery cost is of a 52" tv!?

Rob

Seeing the prices that the yanks are paying for TV's makes me cry. It's in the order of half!

If in theory their tv's work here (ie all standards covered) wonder what the delivery cost is of a 52" tv!?

Rob

main problem is voltage (120 vs 240)

you can get step down transformers though

plus you probly wouldn't get warranty

Surely these days they use auto switchable power supplies like every other device. My guess on why the price is so expensive here would be shipment costs. TV's of that size wouldn't be that light, and would probably cost a fortune to ship here. Having said that, I have no doubt that Aussie retailers are doing their bit to rip off consumers knowing full well that very few people would import a 50 inch TV.

Geoff

I have been looking at the Bravia X series, was quoted $3600 for the 46' at JB or $3900 with 5 yr warrenty. Anyone seen it better around Melbourne?

It was a pure if consideration, I don't intend to order one and ship it in.

http://www.sharpusa.com/products/ModelLand...58,1920,00.html

Can even order it on-line from sharp for USD3,199. That leaves you with $2k to get it back home.

I know we always pay more but last I checked the AUD wasn't 50c to the USD anymore!

Back to AUS, the wiki has the LC52D83X for $5100 from HN GC. That seems damn good for their new model which I haven't been able to find anywhere in store to view! Who got that price? Was it definitely the new model?

Thanks,

Rob

For some reason having through some of the threads on this forum QLD consumers are getting better bargains than NSW and VIC? Is anyone seeing that trend.. ?

Surely these days they use auto switchable power supplies like every other device. My guess on why the price is so expensive here would be shipment costs. TV's of that size wouldn't be that light, and would probably cost a fortune to ship here. Having said that, I have no doubt that Aussie retailers are doing their bit to rip off consumers knowing full well that very few people would import a 50 inch TV.

Geoff

I would say we are mainly being ripped off by the manufacturers than the retailers.

Bring on grey importers!

Rob

Rob

The other cost is that the tuner in the screens is going to be different to the USA (& european markets) which does two things:

1/ makes an imported tv require a PVR/external STB (as well as a step down transformer)

2/ makes our screens more expensive due to our relatively small market with its own peculiar internal tuner electronic requirements

J.

You might also want to make sure that a USA screen supports our resolution frequencies (ie 50Hz)

Edited by Scalpel