Sign in to follow this  
ThePump

Hdtv Prices

I managed to get the Panasonic TH-50PZ700A for $3200 @ The Good Guys - Prospect (Homebase), Sydney last Wed - BIG new store, sales guy very quick to do a deal when I mentioned this forum - said their cost for this item was $3226 ... not sure if that is true
Please be assusred you are never shown "True" cost price from any of the retailers...You have to remember that they all work on rebates & special pricing and both of these are not on their computers for all to see, so this is their buffer which means they can get near this artificial cost price without actually being near the "true" cost price...So in short don't fall for it, just know that there is more money to deal with...think about it, if they were all selling for their cost price then we wouldn't have many retailers left would we...

True, thats why stores close. Like Chandlers stores closing down in recent years. They can't compete with other stores so they cut the guts out of every price and run the store into the ground.

Any idea where to get F81 series in Perth / WA

I managed to find these two location that offered me a deal

JB HI-FI - 46" F81BDX - $3350

Retra Vision - 52" - $5160

Pls reply about the price :D

Those two prices are currently very good for both the LA46F81BDX and LA52F81BDX, the cheapest managed so far for the LA52F81BDX was $4950 at Good Guys and that was a price match.

Has anyone managed a better price than $4950 for the Samsung LA52F81BDX ?

well went to get price on pana 50" px70a ..best was 3100 . thats 2875 for tv and added 2yrs warranty..thought that was a rip off. turned around and walked off.. price was from domayne.. harvey norman was dearer. price was on 12 months interest free..

Edited by tallyho

In what must be the worst pricing error *ever*, my local storehas a Pioneer 508XDA with a $3197 price tag on it... not to mention the store has a storewide 10% off sale today. I might have to go past my budget and pick it up this afternoon if the price holds true.

Edited by aeon

I was offered a samsung 40M81 from JB hifi with a cash price of $2298.... not bad!!!

Still, i am holding out to see what the F81 looks like in the flesh.... it has a 6ms response panel compared to the 8ms panel in the M81, technically this means the F81 should be better at motion / sport, yes?

That is a good price Andrew81. I'm looking at buying the 40" M8 very soon and have a mate working at a certain retail giant who is going to do me a deal on LCD, wall mount and extended warranty for just over $2400. While shopping with another mate the other day I noticed both Bing Lee and Dick Smith at the Moore Park Supacentre in Sydney had the M8 ticketed at $24xx so we figured we'd see if they could beat my mates deal. They would have had to be significantly cheaper to make me not buy from my friend, but in any case, Dick Smith said they couldn't go anywhere near the package price and Bing Lee said they would match it but couldn't do any better.

In what must be the worst pricing error *ever*, my local storehas a Pioneer 508XDA with a $3197 price tag on it... not to mention the store has a storewide 10% off sale today. I might have to go past my budget and pick it up this afternoon if the price holds true.

Get me one too! :D

Guest EZYHD

Someone has made a big mistake in pricing there, if you can get it for that I'd be going there right now!.

Someone has made a big mistake in pricing there, if you can get it for that I'd be going there right now!.

Yep. I'd buy that even though I don't need a new TV. Where?

See good things do happen in Darwin !!

Guest EZYHD

Its so cheap for this new model 508 could buy it there and ship it to Tasmania!. :rolleyes:

Hahah, ok I went in there just before and said, I'll take one if it's that price, goes away for a while, comes back, goes away again, comes back, then apologises and says it was the wrong SKU/product etc... but instead he could do a great deal on the 508XDA for $4700! :P... needless to say I didn't take that offer. I could've stood my ground and demanded the price, but that's not me, ah well. :)

I picked up a Pana TH-42PX70A for $1780 from HN @ Greensborough (VIC) on Saturday.

Very happy with the set, my first Plasma :wub:

Hope this helps someone in the market !

Cheers,

Zap

I picked up a Pana TH-42PX70A for $1780 from HN @ Greensborough (VIC) on Saturday.

Very happy with the set, my first Plasma :wub:

Hope this helps someone in the market !

Cheers,

Zap

what is the ABSOLUTE best prices on a Sony X3100 46inch? Melbourne, if anyone has any input I will be greatly appreciated!

what is the ABSOLUTE best prices on a Sony X3100 46inch? Melbourne, if anyone has any input I will be greatly appreciated!

The best deal I had was $3950 inclusive of an extra 3 years extended warranty so 4 years warranty in total delivered and that was Good Guys Northland - Preston...Hope this helps...

Hi Aeon,

what store is this? That is a good deal.....

Cheers,

Maple9

$3799 was done at Bing Lee Rhodes in Sydney a couple of weeks ago so you should be able to get that price also or even better now.

Hi Aeon,

what store is this? That is a good deal.....

Cheers,

Maple9

It would've been, had it been legit - they told me it was a pricing error, and I really wasn't up for arguing it in my favour. Was at my local JBHifi.

Im after a Fujitsu 42" plasma, been told they are the best panel going around and when I saw it against all the others I was suitably impressed, the Kuro came very close.

So anyone got a Best Price in Brisbane?

Best I've seen for the 42" HD silver one is $3999 as a package deal ie. HD -DVD HD settop box and HDMI cables.

I have seen both panels and I cannot justify an extra $4-5k for the Pioneer.

In a very short time all these displays will be dirt cheap...sorry to the people paying $8k for the Pio but the depreciation on a $8k display is going to be ugly.

so wahts the LX series 50" 1080p KURO going for?? (for cash)

Just a reminder to anyone that may have missed it, the wiki is located at http://hdtvprices.pbwiki.com/ and all DTVForum members have access to add the latest and best prices to the wiki. The password to edit the wiki is "dtv".

Edited by ThePump

I bought a sony 46X3100 for $3850 (includes 5 Year warranty , $250 ) plus as a deal , a sharp blueray player BD HP20X for $399 (includes 5 Year warranty , $39 ) from harvy norman,bundle,goldcoast. I am very happy !

Edited by eagleone