Sign in to follow this  
ThePump

Hdtv Prices

there was an advert from sony central in the perth newspaper today

Not according to those who bought one, lots of problems on service and returns. The old story, you get what you pay for.

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=55701

We must have been really lucky as we have had ours a couple of weeks with no problems. Good picture etc. Much better than our 68cm tele that died. It does us but we are not really TV connoisseurs. Seems fine for watching Austar, DVD's and our SD set box. :D

Reading a HN catalogue this morning and noticed the Panasonic 32" LCD (I'm pretty sure its the TX-32LXD700A) for $1349. For the 100MHz, that's seems a great price...

Cheers, S.

Typical trick advertising there.

I heard they put in an apology in the paper as the ad is for the 70A not the 700A

New Sony FHDTV 46 Xseries = $3950 which includes 4 year warranty - Good Guys

I have created a wiki to keep track of all the latest and best prices, this will make it alot easier and will let all DTVForum members edit the wiki and add the latest and best price possible. The link to the wiki is https://hdtvprices.pbwiki.com/ and the password to edit the wiki is "dtv". When logging in to edit the wiki in the field that asks for "Your Name" just enter your DTVForum username so we can all keep track of the last person that edited the wiki.

Edited by ThePump

I have created a wiki to keep track of all the latest and best prices, this will make it alot easier and will let all DTVForum members edit the wiki and add the latest and best price possible. The link to the wiki is https://hdtvprices.pbwiki.com/ and the password to edit the wiki is "dtv". When logging in to edit the wiki in the field that asks for "Your Name" just enter your DTVForum username so we can all keep track of the last person that edited the wiki.

That TX-32LXD700A price of $1349 is wrong. As stated earlier it is a misprint and receiving that price from HN is impossible.

For your listing, the GG at Hoppers crossing(Vic) are doing those Pana px-70a's for an advertised price of $1549.

Hope this helps people.

That TX-32LXD700A price of $1349 is wrong. As stated earlier it is a misprint and receiving that price from HN is impossible.

For your listing, the GG at Hoppers crossing(Vic) are doing those Pana px-70a's for an advertised price of $1549.

Hope this helps people.

PX70A? is it the 42 inch plasma? $1549??? unbelievable price!

PX70A? is it the 42 inch plasma? $1549??? unbelievable price!

Sorry, I meant the PX7A for $1549

They have had them advertsied at the price for 2 weeks now, they have signage up outside advertising the price.

Edited by automan

good stuff

can you please add a link to the Wiki to the first post?

good stuff

can you please add a link to the Wiki to the first post?

Yep will do.

Edited by ThePump

These aren't the cheapest but they give you some idea of Tassie retail prices:

Panasonic Viera 70A Plasma series:

Harvey Norman Glenorchy

42" - Usually $2499 on sale for $2099

50" - Usually $3499 on sale for $2999

Clive Peeters Moonah

42" - $2250

50" - $2950

hhhhmmmmm,

You people seem to think that all suppliers are out to rip you off. Most of the time the salesperson is out there to help you the customer out as best as possible by giving you the best deal at the time you enter the store and still keep their job by keeping the boss happy and selling products far enough above cost to actually make a profit. keeping you happy and giving you a good deal hopefully means to the salesperson that you will return in future to purchase other products from the said salesperson and the store in question. Note the best deal does NOT always mean the best price although I do agree price is very important. It is not in the interest of the store or the salesperson not to do so. You must also realise that a lot of customers DO lie about the prices that they have been given and it is very hard not to accuse a potential customer of lieing when the price that they have been given is hundreds of dollars under the cost price in the computer system. Some retailers give out prices under cost on purpose if they don't have the particular product in stock or even if they know that they cannot aquire the product, so as the competitor down the road has to sell the product below cost and lose money to get the sale (there is a store that is known to do this on a regular basis)

This also brings up another problem, The store cost price depends on many things, one of which would be if the store or chain has purchased a bulk order of the product at a discounted price. This can account for price variation between chains and even stores of the same chain.

another case can be that the manufacturer has given a price protection on the item and that the particular store has not received that protection or that said protection has not been entered into the computer system as yet and therefore the salesperson has no idea of the reduction in the cost of the product this price protection happens daily on thousands of products per month and can result in a massive reduction in the cost price which in turn means massive saving in the sale price. Even twentyfour or fourtyeight hours can make a huge difference.

Over the last few months LCD's and Plasma's have had huge price reductions and in my opinion there are more to come. BUT If you wait to get a bargain and dont buy, you will always be waiting and never buy as the said bargains are continually changing.

anyway enough said just wanted to put my two cents in, crucify me if you like.

one last thing if you in your profession had clients come through the door and expected your product or service at your cost or even below

would you like it?

would you give it to them?

how long would you or your business stay in business?

thanks for your time Retsub

hhhhmmmmm,

You people seem to think that all suppliers are out to rip you off. Most of the time the salesperson is out there to help you the customer out as best as possible by giving you the best deal at the time you enter the store and still keep their job by keeping the boss happy and selling products far enough above cost to actually make a profit. keeping you happy and giving you a good deal hopefully means to the salesperson that you will return in future to purchase other products from the said salesperson and the store in question. Note the best deal does NOT always mean the best price although I do agree price is very important. It is not in the interest of the store or the salesperson not to do so. You must also realise that a lot of customers DO lie about the prices that they have been given and it is very hard not to accuse a potential customer of lieing when the price that they have been given is hundreds of dollars under the cost price in the computer system. Some retailers give out prices under cost on purpose if they don't have the particular product in stock or even if they know that they cannot aquire the product, so as the competitor down the road has to sell the product below cost and lose money to get the sale (there is a store that is known to do this on a regular basis)

This also brings up another problem, The store cost price depends on many things, one of which would be if the store or chain has purchased a bulk order of the product at a discounted price. This can account for price variation between chains and even stores of the same chain.

another case can be that the manufacturer has given a price protection on the item and that the particular store has not received that protection or that said protection has not been entered into the computer system as yet and therefore the salesperson has no idea of the reduction in the cost of the product this price protection happens daily on thousands of products per month and can result in a massive reduction in the cost price which in turn means massive saving in the sale price. Even twentyfour or fourtyeight hours can make a huge difference.

Over the last few months LCD's and Plasma's have had huge price reductions and in my opinion there are more to come. BUT If you wait to get a bargain and dont buy, you will always be waiting and never buy as the said bargains are continually changing.

anyway enough said just wanted to put my two cents in, crucify me if you like.

one last thing if you in your profession had clients come through the door and expected your product or service at your cost or even below

would you like it?

would you give it to them?

how long would you or your business stay in business?

So can you reveal which store you work at?

So can you reveal which store you work at?

Going by the username, I'd say a Retravision store... <_<

Guest EZYHD

Retsub,

I'd suggest after your 1st post rant you are wrong.

No we don't think in general that stores rip us off at all, we just want a cometitive price if possible and its forums like this that tell us where the best prices are, then there are numerous GB's as well. I don't know about you but I don't want to pay anymore than I have to. Actually I don't recall ever paying an advertised price.

Always a bit suss about first post complaining about customers bargaining hard but I hope he keep posting.

OK Hi All

No I am not going to reveal which store I work for that was not the point of my post. But I will say that it has nothing to do with my user name.

I will also say that I would not expect any of my customers to pay the so called RRP (and by the way the ACCC dont let us use that term anymore) or if I can help it the advertised price. But I must admit sometimes there is just no room to move and you cant always win every sale. (but I do try)

That is unless of course the customer is rude and arrogant then my price goes up.

I looked at this forum so I could get a few opinions on the miriad of panels available. I advise people everyday on which panel they should buy and have only had 4 to 5 customers return to me with problems or queries about what I have advised over the last five to six years, All of these customers have either had their problems fixed or the said product has been replaced. most of these problems have been with one particular brand.(no i will not say which brand).

My point here is that I can't convince myself which panel to purchase.

I had originally considered the Samsung LA40R81BDX and then the LA40M81BDX emerged on the market, this was a big improvement technically but it still had motion issues. Now the LA40F81BDX is about to hit the stores and I am hopeing that this has fixed the inherent motion issues of LCD's. In the same period the Panasonic TH42PZ700A has hit the market and now dropped in price cheaper than the Samsung LA40F81BDX. So you see do I purchase the Samsung or the Panasonic. WHAT A DILEMA.

If the Samsung is anything like the SONY KDL40XBR (I would consider the sony but the minister for war and finance put her damn foot down) and it should be as the panels came out of the same factory, then the LA40F81BDX should be an excellent panel but this is all speculation as the panel is still in samsungs so called Quality Control in brisbane being tested. (hhhmm samsung and quality control should they be put in the same sentence LOL only kidding).

all opinions are welcome

Oh and one last thing. No one answered the last three questions on my first post.

Thanks Cya Retsub

Samsung Plasma TV 50" C9 (PS50C91HDX

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Samsung-50-127cm-Pl...1QQcmdZViewItem

$1999.00 buy it now ebay fresh today

OK Hi All

No I am not going to reveal which store I work for that was not the point of my post. But I will say that it has nothing to do with my user name.

I will also say that I would not expect any of my customers to pay the so called RRP (and by the way the ACCC dont let us use that term anymore) or if I can help it the advertised price. But I must admit sometimes there is just no room to move and you cant always win every sale. (but I do try)

That is unless of course the customer is rude and arrogant then my price goes up.

I looked at this forum so I could get a few opinions on the miriad of panels available. I advise people everyday on which panel they should buy and have only had 4 to 5 customers return to me with problems or queries about what I have advised over the last five to six years, All of these customers have either had their problems fixed or the said product has been replaced. most of these problems have been with one particular brand.(no i will not say which brand).

My point here is that I can't convince myself which panel to purchase.

I had originally considered the Samsung LA40R81BDX and then the LA40M81BDX emerged on the market, this was a big improvement technically but it still had motion issues. Now the LA40F81BDX is about to hit the stores and I am hopeing that this has fixed the inherent motion issues of LCD's. In the same period the Panasonic TH42PZ700A has hit the market and now dropped in price cheaper than the Samsung LA40F81BDX. So you see do I purchase the Samsung or the Panasonic. WHAT A DILEMA.

If the Samsung is anything like the SONY KDL40XBR (I would consider the sony but the minister for war and finance put her damn foot down) and it should be as the panels came out of the same factory, then the LA40F81BDX should be an excellent panel but this is all speculation as the panel is still in samsungs so called Quality Control in brisbane being tested. (hhhmm samsung and quality control should they be put in the same sentence LOL only kidding).

all opinions are welcome

Oh and one last thing. No one answered the last three questions on my first post.

Thanks Cya Retsub

Hi Retsub, This is my first post but i have been monitoring these forums for a couple of months now and must say very impressed by some of the reviews i have read. Obviously one of the reasons i frequent these forums is because i am on the market for a HDTV and i like most people i think, have champagne taste on a beer budget. So we generally are after the best possible product we can afford. The reason i wanted youre view is because you actually work in a retail store that has a lot of HDTV on display. So you get to see first hand how they perform in different lighting situations.

What i wanted to know is have you seen the new philips Cineos 42PFL9632D tv and if you have could you please mabey give us a comparison or a review as i havent read any feed back on this model apart from reviews form other sites. Youre input would be appreciated.

Cheers

mosquito

Hi Mosquito

The Philips 42PHF9642D panel we have had on display for a while now and seems to be quite a nice panel most philips are. Although we do have it next to the Sony KDL40XBR and it does not seem to be as sharp a picture as the sony, a little grainy. We swapped the cables around and played with the settings but still not as good a picture as the sony.(the sony at the moment does seem to be the one to compare to). In saying this the 100hz and motion flow that philips have included in there new range of panels is a vast improvement. I am still not convinced that the high def tuners built into panels is as good as the external boxes. Someone else may have an opinion on that. At least philips on the last couple of model ranges has gone away from their wierd vga to component inputs as they caused more confusion to customers than the idea of having to have a STB in the first place.

I think it is worth waiting to see what the Samsung LA40F81BDX is like before i would decide on the philips. Also the fact that the philips is a bit rich for what it is.

what does anyone else think

cya Retsub

Just bought the Samsung PS50P91FDX for $3035 with 1 extra year warranty & delivery from Myer.

I am very happy!!!

Thanks fast700c for the receipt, it really helped with negotiating the deal.

At the moment I don't think the Panasonic panels can be beaten for value!

Haggling will get you the 42" 7a for $1499 while the 50" PZ can be had for $2998 all shown here in the forum...amazing prices!