Sign in to follow this  
ThePump

Hdtv Prices

Extended Warranty's are usually a pretty set price. You might want to consider the extended warranty that comes in the box rather than buy one in store (Give Panasonic a call to find out how much it would cost). Five years for less than 10% of the purchase price? Seems reasonable, personally about the only thing I get EWs on is large TVs just so if they break down they'll come to you and sort transportation etc.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Extended Warranty's are usually a pretty set price. You might want to consider the extended warranty that comes in the box rather than buy one in store (Give Panasonic a call to find out how much it would cost). Five years for less than 10% of the purchase price? Seems reasonable, personally about the only thing I get EWs on is large TVs just so if they break down they'll come to you and sort transportation etc.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Thanks for the advice, I'll find out about the warranty direct though Panansonic. First I'll try in store to get say, extra 4 years for 8 - 10% of purchase price.

Anyone got any advice/experience with this type of thing? I would like to load my guns up before I go so i can shoot down whatever it is that they will DEFINITELY come back with...

Finally got the 60" ST30 on Saturday from Myer.

Myer have all these signs everywhere saying they price match now.

Price matched a receipt I pulled from Whirlpool, $1630, 4 year extended warranty for $299 (they could only match the TV price with that warranty price, which worked out OK because of all the gift cards, more info below)

If you've got Myer One and a Myer Credit Card you get some decent points at the moment.

New Myer CC applications, you get a $30 gift card for signing up, plus 7,000 points (which equates to $70 gift card) so effectively $100 gift card for signing up. Plus, if you buy a panasonic plasma you get 1500 bonus points, on top of the 3 points for every dollar spent at myer, which was 5787 (TV + Warranty) which is 1500 + 5787 = $7287 points. So we ended up getting $170 worth of gift cards plus the wife had a $75 gift card that her work gave to her for christmas.

We could have used the Credit card to buy $1500 worth of gift cards and get $150 free, which would have effectively dropped the price of the TV to $1480 (the current gift card promotion) on top of all the other points (minus the extra 1500 for buying a plasma) but then we couldn't have gotten it on interest free that way, and seeing as though this was a gift from the wife, she wanted it on interest free.

Worked out alright for us.

Just a heads up for the rest of you guys, if you're trying to get a price match, especially if you're not getting interest free, try out Myer as you can get heaps it significantly cheaper using the $50 gift card for every $500 spent. Plus, you can get heaps more gift card stuff too.

Nice work Brake! Did the myer you purchased from have stock or was it ordered in? My local doesn't have any larger pana's at the moment but happy to drive for a good deal! If its not too much trouble would love a copy of the receipt with warranty, etc as it might be easier to price match with. Pm if you prefer. Weren't tempted to grab one of the avatar packs too?

cheers, Tim

Nice work Brake! Did the myer you purchased from have stock or was it ordered in? My local doesn't have any larger pana's at the moment but happy to drive for a good deal! If its not too much trouble would love a copy of the receipt with warranty, etc as it might be easier to price match with. Pm if you prefer. Weren't tempted to grab one of the avatar packs too?

cheers, Tim

Replied to your PM.

Nah it was ordered from the warehouse, purchased Saturday delivered this morning. Not interested in 3D at all, I would have taken the avatar pack if it was given to me though! :D

EDIT: Receipt for those who need it:

http://i43.tinypic.com/291lz0i.jpg

Edited by brake

Just picked up a Samsung 55" D8000 LCD/LED with 5 year warranty for $2666 when I factor in all rebates, rewards and cashbacks :)

JB quoted 3K

Myer couldn't match but with a combination of 10% bonus gift cards and being able to make the purchase on my amex and earn myer points I netted $2666 all up and 3000$ paid on the day

That's with a 5 year myer/united warranty

Thanks to Brake last night I finally purchased a 60ST30, went to 4 different myers before I found one that would price match!

Tv + extra 4 years +delivery = $1984

Used their gift card promo so got $200 gift card free plus earned $40 in myer one points so really cost me $1744 all up.

Delivery booked for monday, happy camper here!

Thanks to Brake last night I finally purchased a 60ST30, went to 4 different myers before I found one that would price match!

TV + extra 4 years +delivery = $1984

Used their gift card promo so got $200 gift card free plus earned $40 in Myer one points so really cost me $1744 all up.

Delivery booked for Monday, happy camper here!

How long is the Myer deal going for please. I am sick of waiting and that is a great deal but unable to get to the store at the moment. I could get the olds to run around but prefer not to torture them

tony

How long is the Myer deal going for please. I am sick of waiting and that is a great deal but unable to get to the store at the moment. I could get the olds to run around but prefer not to torture them

tony

gift card promo finishes this weekend, 18th I think, so if your intending to grab a tv from myer it might be worth grabbing the cards now. Worth checking if you can buy them off the website & have them mailed out too.

gift card promo finishes this weekend, 18th I think, so if your intending to grab a TV from Myer it might be worth grabbing the cards now. Worth checking if you can buy them off the website & have them mailed out too.

Thanks for the reply

I was going to do my shopping when i got back to SA in the post Christmas sales but i don't think you will beat this deal

Myer now give you 7500 points when you sign up. I am reluctant to purchase gift cards until i can find a Myer store that will price match.

I don't know how i will go but i will get on the blower tomorrow and look for a store in SA.

I am guessing the starting price was at JB then brake just brilliantly ground down the price with all the points. So i wont really need a copy of the receipt

Oops i don't have proof of income on me but have other visa cards payed off in full every month

Under terms and conditions it says no gift cards with myer cards or you canot use it to purchace gift cards

Thanks i will let you know how i go

Tony

Thanks for the tip about the gift cards. We needed a new coffee machine. Found a very good Online price for it $1235 for a Breville BES900.

Myer matched and bettered it at $1217 Then I bought 2x $500 gift cards and saved another $100 :D which got it down to $1117

This is awesome as the RRP was $1499 which was what it was ticketed at. Very pleased :D :D

Edited by graham johnson

Hey guys, just wondering if someone can link me to the Plasma break in slides and instructions on how to use them. My TV's been sitting on the floor since last Tuesday and I want to get it broken in before the weekend!

THanks

Here or more specifically here

Can't see much point in using them with modern sets but if it reassures then no harm done. [Edit]Well possibly harm

. But either way I don't think slides have much impact (good or bad) for the few users that bother with them.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Edited by pgdownload

Here or more specifically here

Can't see much point in using them with modern sets but if it reassures then no harm done. [Edit]Well possibly harm

. But either way I don't think slides have much impact (good or bad) for the few users that bother with them.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Thanks buddy, I did see that post on AVS forums but thought there might have been newer ones instead as that was from 2010. I guess they're all the same then! Thanks!

Just use the TV normally, no "break in" is required.

Hey guys, just wondering if someone can link me to the Plasma break in slides and instructions on how to use them. My TV's been sitting on the floor since last Tuesday and I want to get it broken in before the weekend!

THanks

The only reason to run the break in slides is if a calibrator is coming in at the end of it so there is even wear on the pixels and they don't get any false negatives on the equipment.If your not having a professional calibration then your wasting your own time.

No worries, I will do that then, thanks for the help!

Harvey Norman Boxing Day catalogue -

Sony 55" EX720 - around $1600

Yamaha 5.1 home theatre - under $300

Samsung 59" D8000 plasma - under $2000

Also, Big Brown Box is selling Samsung TVs at good prices. Top picks were -

60" D6600 LCD under $2000

55" D6003 LCD under $1350

and JB has ticketed these two -

LG's 2D 55" LW9500 LCD under $1500

Sharp 60" LCD under $1800

DOH! :o

Edited by Struggo