Hdtv Prices

Spotted a few cheap deals in HN Broadway today (ticketed prices quoted here) -

Sony 46" LED edge-lit Full HD LCD for $1298

Panasonic 50" V20 Full HD Plasma - $1398

Panasonic 54" V20 Full HD Plasma - $1698

Samsung 50" C550 Full HD Plasma - $978

LG 50" PK550 Full HD Plasma - around $978

LG 50" PJ350 HD Plasma - around $798

These are really good ticketed prices and a decent starting point if someone wants to try their luck at trying to get better deals elsewhere. I must say that HN has been smashing prices for laptops and TVs this Boxing Day. Even Officeworks has been forced to lower its ticketed prices on identical computer models as a result. Great outcome for the customers.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again ^_^

for your viewing enjoyment :)

http://www.bigw.com.au/electronics/televis...aign=SonyBundle

This Sony Bravia 32" LCD TV Bundle features a Bravia 32" LCD TV, 3 Blu-ray movies( Zombieland, 2012 & Spiderman 3), PS3 120GB and an HDMI cable.

LCD TV reproduces incredibly vivid colours on screen with its ambient sensor and Bravia Engine 3.

The HD TV has a 1920 X 1080 Resolution, 16:9 display ratio, 4 HDMI inputs and 178 degree viewing angle

Now$797.00

Save$200.00

Free delivery when you buy online. Offer ends January 11.

Spotted a few cheap deals in HN Broadway today (ticketed prices quoted here) -

Sony 46" LED edge-lit Full HD LCD for $1298

Panasonic 50" V20 Full HD Plasma - $1398

Panasonic 54" V20 Full HD Plasma - $1698

Samsung 50" C550 Full HD Plasma - $978

LG 50" PK550 Full HD Plasma - around $978

LG 50" PJ350 HD Plasma - around $798

These are really good ticketed prices and a decent starting point if someone wants to try their luck at trying to get better deals elsewhere. I must say that HN has been smashing prices for laptops and TVs this Boxing Day. Even Officeworks has been forced to lower its ticketed prices on identical computer models as a result. Great outcome for the customers.

Panasonic 42' U20 Full HD Plasma for $850.00($50 off sale price and includes free delivery) from GG in Melbourne...thoughts guys..should I push harder?

Edited by Redmatt

Panasonic 42' U20 Full HD Plasma for $850.00($50 off sale price and includes free delivery) from GG in Melbourne...thoughts guys..should I push harder?

At $850, I think you are pretty close to the mark, especially given it includes delivery (unless you have a suitable vehicle, in which case delivery is really of no value to you).

Harvey Norman at Chatswood (Sydney) have had the THP42U20A for $797 for the last couple of weeks so you perhaps could push a little harder.

Bing Lee are advertising the 46" version of the same TV for $888 (negotiable) as part of their Stocktake Sale (see HERE).

Interestingly, they still have the 42" version at $1099. Obviously the 46" is their loss leader.

Do they have Bing Lee in Melbourne ? If not, you could maybe order online, although they don't deliver outside NSW if it is over 25kgs. Not sure of the weight of this TV, besides, if it is under 25kgs they send via Aust. Post so you would have to be comfortable with that.

If you are ordering online, Bing Lee also give you 5% off your first Online Order if you sign up for their newsletter (see bottom left corner of their home page).

Anyway, maybe you could use the Bing Lee price in your bargaining.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Zelig96

LA32C650 Sammy 6 series for pc/tv duties $647 in Myer 32 inch brilliant little unit plays all files straight from pocket hard drive no probs (they probably all do now dont know) didnt bother bargaining reasonable price for series 6 I think

Cheers

50" Full HD plasmas around $900-$1k are about as cheap as they get. You may get slightly cheaper in a couple months when new models are due out, but there maybe no stock left and you may only save a few extra bucks anyway...

any chance of a receipt

thanks

I would prefer not to.

However you should have no problem getting a similar deal. I simply asked the young sales guy "how much with 3 or 4 years warranty and delivery?"

He went off to check came back a minute later with $1500.

I said "yes thanks" :D

In case anyone is looking for a cheapie i thought i'd share my experience with the Vivo 32" full HD lcd from dick smith, i decided to bite the bullet & get it last week on special for $398 (sorry should have posted this sooner i guess as the sale just ended, it should be going back up to $444,still a good price though) Anyway watched King Kong the other night off tv & it looked awesome, kinda surprised broadcast tv looks so good, it actually looks a bit better than dvd. I thought it might be the other way around but then the dvd player is only running off svideo so maybe an upscaling dvd or blu ray player thru hdmi might do a better job?

But really for the price i couldn't be happier, i would recommend it to anyone entering the HD market who is on a budget, its also about the only cheap model i didn't find any bad reviews on off the net when i was researching brands. As for build quality, i guess only time will tell how long it lasts me, if i get a yrs use out of it i'd be pretty happy.

I have no experiences with HD TV and my mother is enlisting me to try and help her get one to replace her analogue TV (she's really keen to see more than five channels and with her eye sight getting a bit worse the 51cm job is looking a bit small).

In the latest Good Guys catalogue they're selling an 81cm (32 inch) Toshiba HD LCD TV for $498. Is that a good price and do Toshiba do decent TV's? They're also advertising an 81cm TCL (The Creative Life) HD LCD TV for $398 but having never heard of that brand we were thinking it might be best to go with the Toshiba for an extra $100 as she kinda hopes she won't have to buy another TV after this for a long time.

Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.