Sign in to follow this  
ThePump

Hdtv Prices

retravision will have on boxing day a panasonic 42 inch full hd lcd for $699. TH-L42U20A

is this a 50hz tv or 100hz?

Don't be put off because it's 50hz

My 40" Sony Bravia is 50hz and it's just about perfect picture quality :wub:

I've never noticed any limitations and friends 100 hz TV's look no different from mine !

At that price I'd snap it up !

It's a good start to boxing day sales, but I thought there may have been more specials at JB....

I would say it's the 58" S20 series as the only other 58" panasonic is the VT20 which is ~$4500 RRP (maybe $3400 negotiated?)

I was after a 5 series 40" Samsung LCD so went to Nunawading HN, JB, DSE and GGs a week ago to check out prices.

Cheapest was HN at $868 and GGs at $849.

Went past again an hour before close on christmas eve and the GG price was now $949. HN was still $868 and the sales guy explained that the $868 would also be the boxing day price. None of the four stores seemed very busy or have any special prices.

So this morning, paid a third visit to Nunawading. HN had discounted the $868 to a very special price of . . . . . . $875!

Walked over to GG and it was $748 so they got the sale.

HN seemed no busier than an average weekend, but GG was crowded, had lots of stock on the floor and every TV was discounted.

I was after a 5 series 40" Samsung LCD so went to Nunawading HN, JB, DSE and GGs a week ago to check out prices.

Walked over to GG and it was $748 so they got the sale.

HN seemed no busier than an average weekend, but GG was crowded, had lots of stock on the floor and every TV was discounted.

Was this the ticketed price or you bargained down. At my local store, less for cash means $20-40 off.

Edited by lawyer1990

GG's has advertised a 50" Samsung C550 Full HD plasma for $999 (plus free BD player) and a Pana 50" U20 for a similar price. The Sammy looks like a particularly good deal considering it comes with the BD player.

It's a good start to boxing day sales, but I thought there may have been more specials at JB....

Curently looking for an SLR camera

yesterday JB put the prices up on their webpage for cameras

Pentax Kr they had for $796 last night it went up to $896

go figure BOXING DAY RISES

Been looking at the series 7 55" LED LCD for awhile, boxing day sales was still the same price (3100), so just started messing with the guy saying GG would play with 2800, and he's like yep, no problems. Went to wow sight and sound (I had a voucher for xmas so I thought I'd try my luck) with that price, straight away went to 2695. Thought 'why not' and went with the 5 yr warranty as well (399) as there have been some issues with this series early in the peace.

Should get it on wednesday.

yesterday JB put the prices up on their webpage for cameras

go figure BOXING DAY RISES

Their Boxing Day deals were among the worst in recent times. After showing so much promise with their honest (for a change) One Night Only sales, I would've expected better today. Harvey Norman was absolutely smashing them on computer prices left, right and centre.

A customer was asking a salesman in JB Strand Arcade about the best price on a HP laptop (model number DV6-3132TX) ticketed at $1298. He was quoted $1060 as JB's final offer. A few metres away, HN Martin Place had ticketed the same model (and listed in their NSW catalogue) for just $994 !

And the computer price difference in Bondi Junction was sight to behold - HN (for once) was selling Core i3 laptops for as low as $496 and Core i3 for $598 while JB was quoting upwards of $698 and $950 respectively. No wonder HN was packed and JB was mostly selling DVDs.

Saw Pana 65" at Myer ticketed at $2400 before :)

Hows about $2100 for the panasonic 65", purchased two at that price

Hows about $2100 for the panasonic 65", purchased two at that price

Picked up one of these (TH-P65S20A) myself for $2800 which included 4 years extended warranty (taking it to 5 years) + delivery. Got it on 40 months interest free. Was a pretty good deal I thought seeing it was on interest free which always costs a little more.

No more bonus HTIB though it seems -_-

Happy with the price. Just hope it was a wise choice of TV. I looked at it in the store and it looked good to me, a little grainy in one scene of the demo they had going, but still good (but in store is never a good indication) however, a lot of the comments I have read on the forums seem to give it a pretty bad rap. Some have really written it off, saying how unimpressive it is. So it has me wondering if i'm getting too old to tell a good set from a crap one... haha

Edited by brett134

Just got back from JB Moore Park and it is the S20.

Also spotted boxes of the Sharp 52" LE700X LED-backlit LCD ticketed below $1500. IMO that's a pretty good deal.

Hey Kulfi,

Certainly a mixed bag with the various retailers around Melb with the boxing day specials..

Browsed thru Hn- and yes, absolutely packed .. though got no service..

Let me rephrase - short, abrupt..etc etc - fiance wasn't impressed.

Ended up in Jb and bought the Sharp 52" - hard to say no personally , given it also comes with a rather handy 32" for the alfresco.

It was more from my partner, you can't seriously be thinking about this too much. ..just buy it .. so i can go shopping proper..

It still stuns me, this time last year, paid around $1230 ..i think, for a sony W 40" ...bonus bd player.

i think, back in 2006, prior to the world cup, paid about $3200 inc lg hd box .. lol

That was for the 42" pana pv500 .. which is still going strong at my parent's place.

Seeing some of the prices being bandied around .. this time next year , it will be buy a cd/dvd/bd .... get a free flat screen..heh heh...

Just finished plugging it all in earlier. . .busy day today. .lol .. got home, tv got thrown gently into a corner and out to dinner...

missus off to bed after being forced to help ..heh heh.. now im all awake..

excitement of having a new toy in the house.

oooo where was this?

Jb Melbourne western burbs,panasonic neo 65s20a for $2100, one must admit the tv doesn't look the best when on the shelf with the lights on at jb at knee level , But after viewing it along side the vt20 in a darker area at Harvey Norman, to which the blacks where slightly blacker still mainly caused by background shop lights, $2100 vs $4700, I couldn't see the price difference in quality. I think your paying up to $1500 for the 3d feature along with the glasses.

I have 14 days to decide on weather I extend the warranty......whats the general consciences with the reliability of panasonic plasmas, real world experiences ?

Second unit was for brother inlaw

Cheers

Edited by Rokkz

Shhhh! Owen will hear us!
e

Why would that matter ? Surely you are not still reading his posts about black blacks and all of that stuff he has been posting for over 5 years ?????

I go to the stores and make up my own mind and find that the stuff Owen reads from the Spec. sheets is totally irrlevant theoretical gumph.

Jb Melbourne western burbs,panasonic neo 65s20a for $2100, one must admit the tv doesn't look the best when on the shelf with the lights on at jb at knee level , But after viewing it along side the vt20 in a darker area at Harvey Norman, to which the blacks where slightly blacker still mainly caused by background shop lights, $2100 vs $4700, I couldn't see the price difference in quality. I think your paying up to $1500 for the 3d feature along with the glasses.

I have 14 days to decide on weather I extend the warranty......whats the general consciences with the reliability of panasonic plasmas, real world experiences ?

Second unit was for brother inlaw

Cheers

I grabbed the 65s20a with four extra years warranty, prob a little excessive but it was only a hundred dollars or so extra to add two extra years to make four (and at the prices these tv's are going for i figure something has got to give)

Also let me know what settings you are running as mine is getting delivered tomorrow and i can see my self tweaking with the picture for days...

Edited by tomE