Sign in to follow this  
ThePump

Hdtv Prices

Purchased today the 50g10 and 4 years extended warranty for a grand total of $2199 at JB.

We too wrestled with the buy one now or later, the wii deal which lasts until the end of this month swung the equation toward buying now...that and I just couldn't find this TV anywhere else up here for the price we purchased it for today, even discounting the 4 extra years of warranty...the advertised $1941 price disappears on the 12th, then I suspect back to 1250 or 1400 depending best deal on this TV alone.

Gee it does look good:)

Just got quoted that price with warranty from JB as well.

Clive Peeters was cheaper on the S10 ($1899 ATM- great buy when it was $1599) but after looking at both I liked the G10 more.

Only able to get 46G10 from Clive for $1899.

He said he could do $1900 for the Sammy 50B550 and four yrs warranty for another $150..

Good price as I was quoted pretty much the same price ($2200) for the Sammy as the Pana 50G10- with 4 years warranty.

They did have the G10's in stock though.

Just not happy with the way JB "dulled" all the Panasonic Plasma's down.

The LG's :rolleyes: looked much brighter (like a LCD) compared to the Panny Plasmas.

At Clive Peeters, the Panny's looked great.

Edited by Hawkka

I was referring to an earlier post by Marty77 - who got the panel for that price.. Back on Dec 31 last year, seems ages ago..lol.

You mean this post? If so, that was for the 50" 8 series, not the 58" 5 series.

either way, to me, $2599 or $2.4k.. still seems stupendously good.

I'm seriously considering getting the 58" 5 series. An extra $200 off is nothing to sneeze at, at least to me.

Though I just noticed Slippery Slop awesomely good price on the 58" V goodness...

More than just awesome... blooming brilliant...

I'm not sure if the Panasonic TH-P58V10A 58" is worth an extra $700 over the Samsung PS58B550 58".

Does the Wii offer still apply to the Panasonic? The 58" V seems to be missing from the offer page, however on the product page the TV image shows the promotion. Maybe an oversight? Looks like it was an oversight.

I'd estimate the pack is probably worth around $480 retail, less $30 delivery. So Ebaying it might get around $350. That brings the price difference to around $350. Or roughly 13.5% more than the Samsung for the Panasonic.

Edited by Chris McMahon

Does the Wii offer still apply to the Panasonic? The 58" V seems to be missing from the offer page, however on the product page the TV image shows the promotion. Maybe an oversight?

Its still listed on the promo page. (http://www.hdbonus.com.au/wii/FAQs.aspx) So if you could get it matched it would be $700 more but with the Wii bundle. mmm still quite good but $700 is alot.

Its a real shame theres no bonus on the sammy plasmas anymore. That would clinch it for me.

You mean this post? If so, that was for the 50" 8 series, not the 58" 5 series.

I'm seriously considering getting the 58" 5 series. An extra $200 off is nothing to sneeze at, at least to me.

LOL - I just re-read the post... my mistake there... late at night... I must have just glazed over the page ... saw the 8 ..and assumed something completely else...

Saying that though, the price of $2599 - is stupendously good.. I did have a look at those 58" Sammy's prior to Xmas and best price I was offered was $3100- Though currently we're moving houses atm - and it's just money flying out of the pocket currently , hence the luxury Tv got prioritised and it's now shuffled onto the it would be nice to have but not necessary.. Other's may disagree of course...lol..

after a couple of weeks, still a nice saving with the $2599.

And of course, $200 is still better in your pocket than the retailer's - it was more in reference to the prices several weeks ago for $3100.

Panasonic 50" G10 from DSE for $1800 + extra 2 years warranty $200

TOTAL = $2000

I believe some earlier posts claimed less than $1800, but it definitely was not possible in Sydney the last week!

Panasonic 50" G10 from DSE for $1800 + extra 2 years warranty $200

TOTAL = $2000

I believe some earlier posts claimed less than $1800, but it definitely was not possible in Sydney the last week!

-

I'm clearly looking in the wrong stores, DSE Fountaingate told me $2299 in November....

The Panasonic S-series isn't more "environmentally friendly" than the G-series. The "eco" tag is a band-aid attached by Panasonic to its TVs in response to the persistent criticism of plasmas for chewing up massive amounts of energy.

Actually if you look at the energy star ratings the S-Series is rated better than the G-Series. ie. The S-Series has lower power consumption.

Actually if you look at the energy star ratings the S-Series is rated better than the G-Series. ie. The S-Series has lower power consumption.

Don't trust energy star ratings. They are NOT determined by scientific measurement rather from manufacturer published data which is sparse and often refers to very different operating conditions. Some figures used are peak figures some are average and some are typical. You need to read each manual separately to understand. The star rating system does not take this into account. DO YOUR OWN MEASUREMENTS.

Elsewhere in these forums you will see that the V series and G series have the very efficient Neo screens but the energy star ratings are very low. This is because the published Panasonic figures for these screens are peak figures not typical or average use figures. Actual measurement shows energy consumption to be around 60% of that estimated by the energy star rating system.

I like to see the screens operating side by side and feel the heat generated by each. Less heat better efficiency. Or even better measure the input current. Just don't base your decisions on the dodgy energy star rating system.

Don't trust energy star ratings. They are NOT determined by scientific measurement rather from manufacturer published data which is sparse and often refers to very different operating conditions. Some figures used are peak figures some are average and some are typical. You need to read each manual separately to understand. The star rating system does not take this into account. DO YOUR OWN MEASUREMENTS.

Elsewhere in these forums you will see that the V series and G series have the very efficient Neo screens but the energy star ratings are very low. This is because the published Panasonic figures for these screens are peak figures not typical or average use figures. Actual measurement shows energy consumption to be around 60% of that estimated by the energy star rating system.

I like to see the screens operating side by side and feel the heat generated by each. Less heat better efficiency. Or even better measure the input current. Just don't base your decisions on the dodgy energy star rating system.

Good to hear this

The energy rating of the G series did concern me during selection process, but I ordered it anyway

Hey there - receipt just sent through to you.

Just got back in last night after spending a week up in lovely mornington...

Totally didn't want to come back.

newdig - Hey there ... yer.. it's one of those things with tv's. falling prices..etc etc...needless to say. . .just enjoy what you have..

I must say wow ... from over a week ago... I'm reading now the 58" Sammy's for 2.4-2.5k .... that's incredible... from the 3k prices in Dec... that's very good buying.

Along with the Pana 54" for under 2k....

Lol .. .and the famous challenge for the first 50" under 1k... wonders never cease.

Hi, could you send me a copy of your receipt for the sony. That was a great price well done. tdensham@gmail.com

Here's another price cut on the Sony 46" Z5500 -

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/21250

Down to a ticketed $1899 now.

I took the other half out TV looking the other day hoping they would also like the plasma's, he ended up liking the Sony LCD's more. B) He was very taken with the 46" WE5500 ($1699) but that's a very good price for the Z. I wonder if the prices will drop further once the bonus deal ends. I'm also not sure if i prefer the 200Hz over the 100Hz. or whether the extra $$ are worth it? Thanks kulfi.

Has anyone seen the WE5 46" for cheaper than $1699 in Sydney?

Also, in my travels i noticed yesterday that JB in Chatswood had just put on the shelf a Pioneer C508/09? their asking price was $3300 but i'm sure someone could haggle it down more. Might be a good idea to ring first to make sure it's still available though.

Edited by poppy

Hi, could you send me a copy of your receipt for the sony. That was a great price well done. tdensham@gmail.com

Hey Nero - receipt just emailed through to you.. Been offline for several days, back onto the forums now though..lol.

enjoy.

** On a different sidenote - I was reading the Herald-sun y'day and noticed Myer advertising a special for several days- till today -

You get the Wii as per normal , but you also score a 19" pana lcd ... not too bad.

For their S / G / V series .. I think sizes from 46 - 50" -

Edited by trippyfoo

Here's another price cut on the Sony 46" Z5500 -

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/21250

Down to a ticketed $1899 now.

I bought a Sony 46Z5500 from DJ today. Price cut down to $1800 incl free home delivery after price matching. :)

But wonder would a 46" Samy Series 6 at $2600 be a better buy, with price, value and quality all considered? :huh:

I bought a Sony 46Z5500 from DJ today. Price cut down to $1800 incl free home delivery after price matching. :)

But wonder would a 46" Samy Series 6 at $2600 be a better buy, with price, value and quality all considered? :huh:

u must be joking...sorry but the sony has the bray (worth about $300?) so the base price of your tv is $1500, the sammy has a ? bonus? say worth $350= base price of $2250.

are u saying the sammy is worth 40% more than the sony? that the pq is 40% better..your eyes must be very good. electronics purchased on a value for money basis will help u to stop overpaying for things that are outdated already.. just enjoy and consider those that paid $2800 for the same tv a few months ago.

For the Samy, are you talking about the LED one or the LCD one? The LCD one is a lot cheaper than $2600...

For the Samy, are you talking about the LED one or the LCD one? The LCD one is a lot cheaper than $2600...

I presume he meant the LED-backlit one. The regular 46" Sammy can be had for $2000 or lower.

Yes, it is the LED edge litted one, the UA46B6000.

u must be joking...sorry but the sony has the bray (worth about $300?) so the base price of your tv is $1500, the sammy has a ? bonus? say worth $350= base price of $2250.

are u saying the sammy is worth 40% more than the sony? that the pq is 40% better..your eyes must be very good. electronics purchased on a value for money basis will help u to stop overpaying for things that are outdated already.. just enjoy and consider those that paid $2800 for the same tv a few months ago.

I'm not saying the Sammy is worth 40% more than the Sony and hence the Sammy has a 40% better pq. I simply stated what I paid for the Sony and what I'd been offered for a Sammy. Pricing is much complicated than what I can understand. The fact that I am lucky to get the Sony at this increduble price has nothing to do with my eye. Commodity A being 40% more expensive than commodity B does not necessarily translates to A should be 40% better than B. I was tossing between the Sony and the Sammy, the incredubly good price I was offered on the Sony tilted my decison towards the Sony although my heart still yearns for the Sammy. :wub:

Those who paid whatever before the X'mas had got what they wanted at a much earlier point of time and they had enjoyed hours of great joy and fun their new TVs had offered them while we were suffering from endless sleepless nigths dreaming for the Sony or Sammy. Probably some time later down the track someone may pay even less than $1800 for the Sony! :huh:

Guys,

Have look some U.S. retail price for HDTV, such as Costco, Walmart, Sam's ...etc

Why Australian is paying a hell lot more for HDTV than U.S.?

Our HDTV here are still mostly with 50MHZ, U.S. is almost every model in 120MHZ at least. Also look at the price for those well konwn brand TV (Sony, Sharp, Panasonic, ...etc) for even the same model, our price is crazy so high.

I did some calculation, I think even I buy a ticket fly to U.S. to pick up a TV is cheaper than I buy in Australia. I think in Australia many stuffs has same high price issue compare to other countries.

So bad.

has anyone got a good price on a Panasonic 58V10 recently?

I'm trying to weigh up whether to go for the 50V10 (around $2200 from recent posts here) or the 58V10...

I'm not saying the Sammy is worth 40% more than the Sony and hence the Sammy has a 40% better pq. I simply stated what I paid for the Sony and what I'd been offered for a Sammy. Pricing is much complicated than what I can understand. The fact that I am lucky to get the Sony at this increduble price has nothing to do with my eye. Commodity A being 40% more expensive than commodity B does not necessarily translates to A should be 40% better than B. I was tossing between the Sony and the Sammy, the incredubly good price I was offered on the Sony tilted my decison towards the Sony although my heart still yearns for the Sammy. :wub:

Those who paid whatever before the X'mas had got what they wanted at a much earlier point of time and they had enjoyed hours of great joy and fun their new TVs had offered them while we were suffering from endless sleepless nigths dreaming for the Sony or Sammy. Probably some time later down the track someone may pay even less than $1800 for the Sony! :huh:

sorry no offense meant.. i would say on your response GO BUY THE SAMMY.. or every time u look at the sony u will be wondering.."now if i just got that sammy"