Hdtv Prices

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NormanD, interested why/where you think the G10 is at the same level or better as the C509?

-

Hi mate,

I'm selling the Pio due to a change in my personal circumstances, so the Panna 50G10 or G15 would be the next best 50 Full HD TV I could get or even the Sammy 50B550.

Cheers

Went to JB this arvo and look at the ticket price for Pana 50G10 was $2696.

Asked the JB guy about this model, immediately he mentioned this model on special for $1941... asked about 5 years warranty, quoted $280. Also this model entitled for the free Wii console until end of Jan

Do you think this is a good deal or I better off waiting the 2010 models considering they are due in few months??

Went to JB this arvo and look at the ticket price for Pana 50G10 was $2696.

Asked the JB guy about this model, immediately he mentioned this model on special for $1941... asked about 5 years warranty, quoted $280. Also this model entitled for the free Wii console until end of Jan

Do you think this is a good deal or I better off waiting the 2010 models considering they are due in few months??

JB Macarthur Square Campbelltown dropped the Pana THP54S10A 54" late this aferrnoon from $2,999 to $2,692

Edited by Struggo

Purchased today the 50g10 and 4 years extended warranty for a grand total of $2199 at JB.

We too wrestled with the buy one now or later, the wii deal which lasts until the end of this month swung the equation toward buying now...that and I just couldn't find this TV anywhere else up here for the price we purchased it for today, even discounting the 4 extra years of warranty...the advertised $1941 price disappears on the 12th, then I suspect back to 1250 or 1400 depending best deal on this TV alone.

Gee it does look good:)

Heys, could you send me receipt pls? chyeaaah? email the_v8sheen_jp@hotmail.com

Hey there - receipt just sent through to you.

Just got back in last night after spending a week up in lovely mornington...

Totally didn't want to come back.

newdig - Hey there ... yer.. it's one of those things with tv's. falling prices..etc etc...needless to say. . .just enjoy what you have..

I must say wow ... from over a week ago... I'm reading now the 58" Sammy's for 2.4-2.5k .... that's incredible... from the 3k prices in Dec... that's very good buying.

Along with the Pana 54" for under 2k....

Lol .. .and the famous challenge for the first 50" under 1k... wonders never cease.

Can someone explain to me why both Clive Peeters and JB Hi FI (and probably others) are selling the 50" G10 for a lot LESS than the 50" S10? I thought the G10 was slightly better model?

-

S models are the more environmentally friendly versions - lower power consumption etc, look at the 54 inch pricing before the $1999 price crash...silly really as the S has less picture adjusmtnets than the G's yet guys on here have picked up 50G10's for a steal.....

Guest scorpian007
Can someone explain to me why both Clive Peeters and JB Hi FI (and probably others) are selling the 50" G10 for a lot LESS than the 50" S10? I thought the G10 was slightly better model?

I'd say JB got an awesome bulk buyingdeal through Panasonic by buying a lot of stock of the G series.

-

S models are the more environmentally friendly versions - lower power consumption etc, look at the 54 inch pricing before the $1999 price crash...silly really as the S has less picture adjusmtnets than the G's yet guys on here have picked up 50G10's for a steal.....

The Panasonic S-series isn't more "environmentally friendly" than the G-series. The "eco" tag is a band-aid attached by Panasonic to its TVs in response to the persistent criticism of plasmas for chewing up massive amounts of energy.

I agree with scorpion007 in saying that JB have cut a bulk-buying deal with Panasonic (akin to West Coast Hi-Fi being able to sell a stack of 54" S10's for $1999 which was way below others could afford).

The Panasonic S-series isn't more "environmentally friendly" than the G-series. The "eco" tag is a band-aid attached by Panasonic to its TVs in response to the persistent criticism of plasmas for chewing up massive amounts of energy.

I agree with scorpion007 in saying that JB have cut a bulk-buying deal with Panasonic (akin to West Coast Hi-Fi being able to sell a stack of 54" S10's for $1999 which was way below others could afford).

-

Probably right, I ducked into JB's at Narre Warren on the way home, G's all gone - new stock will be at the regular price rather than the $1941 make us a offer.

He said he could do $1900 for the Sammy 50B550 and four yrs warranty for another $150..

Offered the Panna 50V10 for $2300 and the Sammy 50B650 for $2300

Cheers

-

Probably right, I ducked into JB's at Narre Warren on the way home, G's all gone - new stock will be at the regular price rather than the $1941 make us a offer.

He said he could do $1900 for the Sammy 50B550 and four yrs warranty for another $150..

Offered the Panna 50V10 for $2300 and the Sammy 50B650 for $2300

Cheers

I will see what happens I just ordered the 50 inch G panny online as a gift for my nephew and his wife, order pending but nothing on website to say low or no stock. cheers alan status now "in progress". we will see what happens after 9.00am . Well 24 hours after I ordered and still being progressed so looking good cheers alan

Edited by austruckie07

Guest scorpian007

I know it's true since I work in the Hi-Fi department there :)

Where are you getting those prices? Cheapest I've seen a Samsung PS58B550 for is $2599.

I was referring to an earlier post by Marty77 - who got the panel for that price.. Back on Dec 31 last year, seems ages ago..lol.

either way, to me, $2599 or $2.4k.. still seems stupendously good.

Though I just noticed Slippery Slop awesomely good price on the 58" V goodness...

More than just awesome... blooming brilliant...