Hdtv Prices

With these deals about , im thinking of getting a Samsung PS50B550 or Panasonic 50S10A. I will most probably try to flog the bonus on ebay to bring the price down. Basically want the best 50" plasma for the least bucks. What do you guys think?

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://catalogue.videopro.com.au/Videopro_...ogue/index.html

don't know if this one's the same as the one i have but there's a panasonic 81 cm X series for $897 :)

and a palsonic full HD 81 cm for $798 or a 42 inch for $1198 :)

Nice read in the catalogue, would you say the info bits to the side are accurate as well. I need something to give my dearest and nearest to read on the differences of of all the flat screens and this explains this better than I can.

cheers

jezza

Edited by jezzas

Nice read in the catalogue, would you say the info bits to the side are accurate as well. I need something to give my dearest and nearest to read on the differences of of all the flat screens and this explains this better than I can.

cheers

jezza

that i couldn't tell you :rolleyes:

i'm just the ' mighty queen of the catalogues ' :lol:

ask the guys that know at your number one for knowledge forum, DTV :lol:

Edited by mcduck

What's the best price anyone has seen for a Panasonic TH-P46G10A in Adelaide?

The best I've found so far is $2125 from Myer as part of the 15% sale (normally $2499). Is this a decent price? Harvey Norman quoted me $2250 today.

The G10 was ticketed at $1999 in JB's national catalogue. JB has also sold a batch of 50" S10 TVs for $1946.

What's the best price anyone has seen for a Panasonic TH-P46G10A in Adelaide?

The best I've found so far is $2125 from Myer as part of the 15% sale (normally $2499). Is this a decent price? Harvey Norman quoted me $2250 today.

Myer Melb had two day sale last week at $1999, I could have bought it for $1800 with staff discount, so aim for some where around those figures.

Myer Melb had two day sale last week at $1999, I could have bought it for $1800 with staff discount, so aim for some where around those figures.

Looking to buy a 46" panasonic plasma this week and need to start haggling.

Cant find a copy of the JB catalog with 46G for $1999? Be good to have a copy as a starting point for negotiations.

Myer still has the 15% off sale but how easy would it be to get a panasonic 46G with the new promotion for less that $1900 considering that 15% off list price is still around $2050?

I imagine stores wont want to haggle as much with the extra bonus.?

Any idea what a good cash price for a panny 46S plasma would be with promotion? $1800?

The G10 was ticketed at $1999 in JB's national catalogue. JB has also sold a batch of 50" S10 TVs for $1946.

Must be different in SA. I've just been in to the Rundle St branch (Computers, CDs, DVDs only) and picked up a catalogue. The only 46" full HD (didn't mentioned model nums) was "Ask for a deal". I'll go in to another store and ask them for $1999 (or less).

I don't know if stores will haggle without the extra bonus. The promo items are subject to your filing a claim and not up to them.

Anyway, have a look at this -

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/plasma-lcd-...y-online-button

$1900 for a 50" Full HD plasma with 22" LCD !!!

Here's how it works -

If you go to the JB site and search for TVs, it gives you a list. Then click on "Buy online" to reveal a dirt cheap price. Use that printout in Myer or DJ's to get it smashed even further.

I don't know if stores will haggle without the extra bonus. The promo items are subject to your filing a claim and not up to them.

Here's how it works -

If you go to the JB site and search for TVs, it gives you a list. Then click on "Buy online" to reveal a dirt cheap price. Use that printout in Myer or DJ's to get it smashed even further.

Tried it

Hmm THP46s10a =$ 2294 on JB site

THP46g10a = $2250 on JB site "HOT PRICE"

Unless its in a printed catalog for $1999 its not going to help me with Myers of DJ's :-(

Tried it

Hmm THP46s10a =$ 2294 on JB site

THP46g10a = $2250 on JB site "HOT PRICE"

Unless its in a printed catalog for $1999 its not going to help me with Myers of DJ's :-(

As of lunchtime today here are the best deals on the P46S10 that I have found ticketed/negotiated in Canberra. Price also notes payment type as I'm looking for an interest free deal:

(online) bigbrownbox.com.au $1888 incl free delivery, card only

Myer $1954 after 15% off til Sun, cash/card

Dick Smith ticketed $1997, or neg $2150 including 4 yr ext warranty along with delevery and installation. 18 mths HSBC I/F avail on these prices (looks like the deal for me)

JB Hifi neg $2229 including 4 yr ext warranty, 3 yrs HSBC I/F available

WOW S&S ticketed $1999, neg $2200 including 2 yr ext warranty, 2 yrs GE I/F available

Harvey Norman ticketed $2299, neg $1999 cash/card, add 10% for 700 days payment deferred

DJs claim will match prices if in stock but not online, will be eligible for 4 yrs I/F also.

BTW best price on the P42S10 I've seen is $1598 at Dick Smith. So if you take off the $1099 "value" of the bonus HTIB or SDD recorder etc, that's a $500 full HD tv lol...

Might be a silly question but, if I have a receipt to get a price match, and both JB and Myer are willing to match it for cash price - is there any reason to go JB over Myer (where you'd get to earn points with a Myer card)?

Might be a silly question but, if I have a receipt to get a price match, and both JB and Myer are willing to match it for cash price - is there any reason to go JB over Myer (where you'd get to earn points with a Myer card)?

No reason at all, also Myer will offer reduced delivery rates to myerone members

As of lunchtime today here are the best deals on the P46S10 that I have found ticketed/negotiated in Canberra. Price also notes payment type as I'm looking for an interest free deal:

(online) bigbrownbox.com.au $1888 incl free delivery, card only

Myer $1954 after 15% off til Sun, cash/card

Dick Smith ticketed $1997, or neg $2150 including 4 yr ext warranty along with delevery and installation. 18 mths HSBC I/F avail on these prices (looks like the deal for me)

JB Hifi neg $2229 including 4 yr ext warranty, 3 yrs HSBC I/F available

WOW S&S ticketed $1999, neg $2200 including 2 yr ext warranty, 2 yrs GE I/F available

Harvey Norman ticketed $2299, neg $1999 cash/card, add 10% for 700 days payment deferred

DJs claim will match prices if in stock but not online, will be eligible for 4 yrs I/F also.

BTW best price on the P42S10 I've seen is $1598 at Dick Smith. So if you take off the $1099 "value" of the bonus HTIB or SDD recorder etc, that's a $500 full HD tv lol...

Looking at getting a S4610 on Sat. Deals never seem as good in Tassie, but HN offered me 1800, DSE 1769 and JB 1750. Getting a wall mount for about half price too. JB said basically that they want my sale and will beat anyone’s price. ‘Might’ also get a warranty if they can chuck me a half decent deal... Seriously can't wait to not watch my old 68cm :)

PS: would love to get the 50”, but it’s not gonna fit

cheers

Looking at getting a S4610 on Sat. Deals never seem as good in Tassie, but HN offered me 1800, DSE 1769 and JB 1750. Getting a wall mount for about half price too. JB said basically that they want my sale and will beat anyone’s price. ‘Might’ also get a warranty if they can chuck me a half decent deal... Seriously can't wait to not watch my old 68cm :)

PS: would love to get the 50”, but it’s not gonna fit

cheers

I'm not up on the Panny models but was under the impression that the G10 is better than the S10 is this true is there a big difference I haven't been to see in real life yet :)

Thanks

Mel

Hi, great info on here. I am looking to get a 46" Sony w5500, (though I'm yet to look at one). Only phoned 3 places so far: (live in the country, (Orange/Bathurst) with Myer 40kms in one direction and Good guys 40kms in the other direction, so let my fingers do the walking to start with)

JBHiFi online $2380 + $79 delivery

Myer $2379 includes the 15% off till Sunday. (not in stock, I have to pay full amount before they order one in)!? Yeah right.... as if.

The Good Guys said $2445 initially, then beat Myer with an offer of $2360. (one in stock, if needs to order more in will do for same price with deposit)

Retravision $2349 (in stock)

The good guys said they have 90 tv's on display, which is good cause I havent looked at any tv's yet and may change my mind about what I want. (it's a womans prerogative after all).

Anyways, does the Good Guys & Retravision seem like a good price or should I try to haggle him down further? Has anyone else purchased one of these Sony's. I havnt had a new tv for 7 years so I guess any of the new HD tvs would look great to me. Will use it mostly for FTA viewing, some normal DVD movies and occassional PS2 games.

If I were to wait till early next year to purchase would I be better off price wise?? (considering I can now get a free PS3 which I may sell)? decisions, decisions... :rolleyes:

Thanks all,

Cath

Edited by catnap