Hdtv Prices

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekend: Samsung 40" (must be LA40B650 ?) at JB HIFI sticker price $1990, The Good Guys sticker price $1798. GG's said another $25 off for cash. GG said it's advertised in the newspaper. And you get the free 22" LCD by redemption, $40 postage cost (goes to Australia Post).

The usb wont play DivX like the LG, but the LG is $900 more (LG is higher spec LED, 200 Hz).

Any downside to getting the LA40B650 ? Seems a good deal for $1773 ? Melbourne prices.

Which Good Guys did you see the Sammy at ? The local one near me is saying they won't go below $2099. I know they'll budge if I have proof.

Which Good Guys did you see the Sammy at ? The local one near me is saying they won't go below $2099. I know they'll budge if I have proof.

It's ticketed at $2096 with a big slash across the price tag in JB Hi-Fi. "Ask for a JB deal" meaning they'll go a lot lower if you're willing to pay cash.

"Good Guys" or "Bad Guys". You decide.

Think it's for all Good Guys store. Special from 17th to 26th Oct.

Was in Saturday's HeraldSun as well as the Age newspaper.

Forgive my laziness but what was the cheapest price you guys have gotten for Panasonic Plasma Full HD 50 inch S series? I think a few weeks back Myers had it for $1,999. Going to buy one but I need to know how much can I haggle it down to.

Thanks in advance.

Forgive my laziness but what was the cheapest price you guys have gotten for Panasonic Plasma Full HD 50 inch S series? I think a few weeks back Myers had it for $1,999. Going to buy one but I need to know how much can I haggle it down to.

Thanks in advance.

Cheapest ticketed price I've seen was $1936. Second best was $1946.

Can be haggled down to $1800 if you're persistent.

Cheapest ticketed price I've seen was $1936. Second best was $1946.

Can be haggled down to $1800 if you're persistent.

Thanks for the fast response Kulfi. My mission is going to be $1,800 then. Do you think it's fine to get the S series or I should fork our more to get the G series? I know my friend gotten the G series for $2,600 including 5 (or 4) years warranty.

Also.....the HD s series is included in the free gift promo right?

Thanks for the fast response Kulfi. My mission is going to be $1,800 then. Do you think it's fine to get the S series or I should fork our more to get the G series? I know my friend gotten the G series for $2,600 including 5 (or 4) years warranty.

Also.....the HD s series is included in the free gift promo right?

Please check out the details and fine print in Panasonic's promotions before you decide.

Whether you should get the G-series or not is up to you. If your eyes say the S-series is good enough, it'll save you a heap of cash !

Went into the Good Guys on the weekend as I am interested in the Samsung B550 plasma. Good Guys had an ad in the paper here (Melbourne) advertising it for $1948 (pay less pay cash). So I went in hoping to get for as close to $1800 as possible as I would have bought it for $1800 - $1850. Spoke to the sales guy who told me I was looking at the best price on the ticket, that he would take off $10 or so dollars. Told him no thanks and that I thought I could buy the TV for $1850 if I shopped around. He told me that if I got it for $1850 he would give me one for free... yeah right.

At that point I politely walked away. Do you think $1850 is going to be an unreasonable price while this promotion is on?

Went into the Good Guys on the weekend as I am interested in the Samsung B550 plasma. Good Guys had an ad in the paper here (Melbourne) advertising it for $1948 (pay less pay cash). So I went in hoping to get for as close to $1800 as possible as I would have bought it for $1800 - $1850. Spoke to the sales guy who told me I was looking at the best price on the ticket, that he would take off $10 or so dollars. Told him no thanks and that I thought I could buy the TV for $1850 if I shopped around. He told me that if I got it for $1850 he would give me one for free... yeah right.

At that point I politely walked away. Do you think $1850 is going to be an unreasonable price while this promotion is on?

JB have it on their online store for $1900

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/plasma-lcd-...24-12-09/452006

My guess is that $1850 is achievable. The promo should make no difference as it is by redemption (ie it ships directly from Samsung after you have made your purchase)

Good luck and let us know how you go.

You should have asked if you could have that in writing

Then you could buy one for $1850 elsewhere and go back with his written offer and your receipt

Collect your free TV with a threat of legal action if he doesn't give it to you

Sell the new one for $1500 on eBay

You end up with the TV you want for only $350

Hey lads

I'm fairly set on purchasing the 42" Pana S10, when the promotion starts and collect the bonus hometheatre system for my efforts.

Can anyone give me an idea of what would be the best price to haggle down to? Prices i found as follows:

JB $1896 with "Ask for a deal"

JB online $1714

DSE $1588

Good Guys $1899

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

After quite a big of haggling at the various stores I managed to get a Samsung PS50B650 for $2350 with 4 years extended warranty and a Yamaha YHT-392 for $700 from Bing Lee.

I was originally looking at factory 2nd TVs but once you haggle them down and factor in the bonus LCD its worth buying new.

You should have asked if you could have that in writing

Then you could buy one for $1850 elsewhere and go back with his written offer and your receipt

I would've talked to his store manager and asked him if he was serious about offering only $10 off for cash. If yes, then they could take their $10 note and wipe their backsides with it.

GG have been doing a lot of this lately - offering nothing off for cash. Why don't they change their slogan to "Save Peanuts Pay Cash" ?

There's no way he would've agreed to put in writing that "If you get a TV for $1850 then I'll give you one for free". Not worth the effort.

SonyCentral in the melbourne CBD quoted $2300 for the sony KDL46WE (46") and $1799 for the 40" version. Went to DJ's to see if they could match it on interest free terms and they agreed. I'm happy with these prices ($150 cheaper than webprice) and will be pulling the trigger @ DJ's on Thursday for the 46"er. happy times!

I would've talked to his store manager and asked him if he was serious about offering only $10 off for cash. If yes, then they could take their $10 note and wipe their backsides with it.

GG have been doing a lot of this lately - offering nothing off for cash. Why don't they change their slogan to "Save Peanuts Pay Cash" ?

There's no way he would've agreed to put in writing that "If you get a TV for $1850 then I'll give you one for free". Not worth the effort.

Agree it was not worth the effort, he was never going to give it to me free, and to be honest after his attitude I wouldn't want to deal with him beyond that conversation! The search continues, although am not necessarily in a rush, happy to wait another 4 - 5 weeks to see what pans out. Don't want to wait into mid December though as I recall my friend last year buying his Panasonic to to get a free Wii a couple of days before the 24th December and we could not find stock anywhere, as a result he probably paid a little more than others were doing a few weeks earlier when we went into Harvey Norman and they had stock and seemed to be aware that their competitors in the area didn't have stock.