Hdtv Prices

Also, what sort of resale will you get for a Kogan, Stoked, Pangoo or any other 'no name' TV when you want to upgrade ...... next to none I would suggest.

Resale values for the branded TVs are poor as well. It's better to use them as kitchen TVs, bedroom TVs, bathroom TVs, patio TVs, PC monitors etc.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot off the press -

Samsung's X'mas promo starts from the 17th of this month and runs till the 24th of December-

Free 22" LCD (LA22B450) on these models :

LCD

40" LA40B650

46" LA46B650

55" LA55B650

40" LA40B750

46" LA46B750

52" LA52B750

Plasma

50" PS50B550

58" PS58B550

50" PS50B650

63" PS63B680

50" PS50B850

58" PS58B850

Free 26" LCD (LA26B450) on these models :

LED-backlit LCD

40" UA40B6000

46" UA46B6000

55" UA55B6000

40" UA40B7100

46" UA46B7100

55" UA55B7100

46" UA46B8000

55" UA55B8000

For those who buy a TV during this period - you will need to register for the deal online and pay them $40 towards postage and handling (cheap bas*ards).

Resale values for the branded TVs are poor as well. It's better to use them as kitchen TVs, bedroom TVs, bathroom TVs, patio TVs, PC monitors etc.

Too true, difficult when you run out of rooms though :rolleyes:

Guest Adman the Indefatigable

Today I got offered the Sony 46" Z5500 for $2650. Anyone seen a better price for this unit or a compelling reason why this isn't a pretty reasonable deal?

Cheers...

the 17th is only 6 days away ^_^

True. We aren't that far from the beginning of the Samsung deal.

It's also true that lower RRPs and lower cost prices are coming because of the rising AUD. That will lead to bigger discounts from retailers. It's a win-win situation.

Samsung's free TV promo has been extended twice over the last 2 years. I bought my Sammy in Feb '08 and the promo had been running since Nov '07. For those who like to live dangerously, they can hang around till Dec 15 '09 and see if Samsung extends the offer or not.

bought a Samsung LA55B650 on the weekend with an extended 2 yrs waranty for $3400 from harvey norman with the thanks to Wags. TBH Good guys and seconds world in auburn couldnt match the price, but the guy at Harvey Norman matched it without blinking, made me think i could have pushed a little harder but he did say that their profit on it was small. We ended up buying a new fridge and washing machine there too as he also did the best deals i could get on those all day too so no doubt he made a bit more profit on those but he was still by far the cheapest in all of the shops on parra rd Auburn.

One thing worth mentioning is that i went to "Discount Electrical appliances" in Warwick Farm and he did the best price by far $3200 with an extended 5 yrs warranty but the warranty was with a company i have never heard of and after reading the warranty it looked very dodgy, they claim they can replace the TV with a model of equivalent features but of a different brand (no thanks) and even though he told me the TV was a new unit, i didnt believe him, the store mostly sells 2nds stuff or damaged boxes things like that....

All right, so this isn't a TV price but I'll post it here all the same -

Pana BluRay player $299 less after haggling and then another $50 discount

http://www.binglee.com.au/OnlineVoucher.as...ampaign=Voucher

Bing Lee's website offers these vouchers from time to time. The idea is to go and haggle a low price, after which you this voucher can make an appearance to save you another $50. Remember - the trick is to haggle first and show them the voucher later !

bought a Samsung LA55B650 on the weekend with an extended 2 yrs waranty for $3400 from harvey norman with the thanks to Wags. TBH Good guys and seconds world in auburn couldnt match the price, but the guy at Harvey Norman matched it without blinking, made me think i could have pushed a little harder but he did say that their profit on it was small. We ended up buying a new fridge and washing machine there too as he also did the best deals i could get on those all day too so no doubt he made a bit more profit on those but he was still by far the cheapest in all of the shops on parra rd Auburn.

One thing worth mentioning is that i went to "Discount Electrical appliances" in Warwick Farm and he did the best price by far $3200 with an extended 5 yrs warranty but the warranty was with a company i have never heard of and after reading the warranty it looked very dodgy, they claim they can replace the TV with a model of equivalent features but of a different brand (no thanks) and even though he told me the TV was a new unit, i didnt believe him, the store mostly sells 2nds stuff or damaged boxes things like that....

Let us know how you find the tv Vukie, I'm still loving mine!

47" LCD

http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/kogan-1080p-4...lcd-tv-hd-tuner

$1699 RRP

http://www.stokedcommodities.com.au/lcd-tv...ion-lcd-tv.html

$1799 RRP

I am going to retire my Rear Projected TV in my Bed Room and unsure which to get ( Dont feel like draging it up 16 stairs when I move )

I can get the stoked for $1580 On Their EBAY ...

I didn't mind the 42" Kogan my father picked up from ALDI ( tho now that I googled ALDI it might have been an BAUHN $1199 )

I was waiting out for next gen but I guess I can always just upgrade my projector ..

does anyone know what panel bit the Kogan screen is ?

mind you I am pretty sure they are the same thing under other brandnames ..

Buying either of these brands is like paying 40 bucks for a Paris Hilton movie on Blu-ray. DON'T DO IT!

Just bought a Panasonic THP50V10A for $2500 at JB HiFi in Chatswood. Can provide receipt to anyone interested.

Hey,

Can you send me a copy of the receipt for the 50" Panasonic V-Series...

Do you think I can get it even cheaper now???

HN's are haveing a massive sale next Sat.

My email to send the receipt is

lennydeeeee@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Lenny D

Hi PsychoMuppet, can i grab a copy of your receipt?

Most appreciated, great price!

thanks

Hey there,

lennydeeeee@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Lenny D

Hey there,

lennydeeeee@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Lenny D

Hi,

Could I also please get a copy of the receipt. Am thinking of buying one as well.

alenskaro@dodo.com.au

Cheers!

Today I got offered the Sony 46" Z5500 for $2650. Anyone seen a better price for this unit or a compelling reason why this isn't a pretty reasonable deal?

Cheers...

It's pretty close, but there's still room to move. I was offered the 46 Z5500 for $2589 at one store & $2500 flat at another.

Andy.

There's one solid reason not to go for that deal -

Sony Centre Sydney have the LED-backlit Bravia 46" XBR45 ticketed at $2999 (RRP $4999).

Hi Kulfi

I am a new forum player looking at Sony LCD 40 / 46 " and just looked at the Qld Sony Centre catalogue and this TV (XBR45 46") is ticketed at $4299 with a Blue Ray player thrown and must come with the extended 3 Yr warranty. This is a massive price difference and I wonder ???.. Could it have been one off they took off the floor... Sounds like a never to be repeated offer ! The 40" XBR is a completely different animal and I wonder if it was that size you might have seen???

I see on another forum that Sony may be offering "free" a PS3 in addition to the 3 Yr LCD warranty in the next week or two as the Xmas bonus. There have been price reductions due to improving AUD as there should be and this will be funding the PS3.

Did you see this price physically on the ticket or in a catalogue of some description.

I saw a 46" Z5500 200Htz on JB Hi Fi site for $2650 + add delivery. I understand the XBR with its LED setup is the superior (generally speaking) LCD TV available at the moment and at that price I would buy it tomorrow

Cheers

Rob Qld..

Hi Kulfi

I am a new forum player looking at Sony LCD 40 / 46 " and just looked at the Qld Sony Centre catalogue and this TV (XBR45 46") is ticketed at $4299 with a Blue Ray player thrown and must come with the extended 3 Yr warranty. This is a massive price difference and I wonder ???.. Could it have been one off they took off the floor... Sounds like a never to be repeated offer ! The 40" XBR is a completely different animal and I wonder if it was that size you might have seen???

I see on another forum that Sony may be offering "free" a PS3 in addition to the 3 Yr LCD warranty in the next week or two as the Xmas bonus. There have been price reductions due to improving AUD as there should be and this will be funding the PS3.

Did you see this price physically on the ticket or in a catalogue of some description.

I saw a 46" Z5500 200Htz on JB Hi Fi site for $2650 + add delivery. I understand the XBR with its LED setup is the superior (generally speaking) LCD TV available at the moment and at that price I would buy it tomorrow

Cheers

Rob Qld..

It was a 46" XBR. I was shocked when I saw the ticket as well, so I went into the store to ask. It seems they had several boxes of sealed stock in the Sydney CBD and Chatswood stores. Definitely not ex-demo items.

They also had an outgoing 60GB PS3 for $368 and a BD player for $299. All deals were genuinely priced to move.

Sony Centre Sydney has these insane deals from time to time. It's a matter of being in the right place at the right time, I think.

BTW one of my colleagues bought a Sony XBR3100 (previous model) from his local Retravision (Central Coast) for $1900 in 2008. They price-matched a quote which I had passed on to him from Sony Centre Sydney.

It's pretty close, but there's still room to move. I was offered the 46 Z5500 for $2589 at one store & $2500 flat at another.

Andy.

Hey Andy, supposedly if you make your purchase, do you mind passing me the receipt?

BTW, Where did you got quoted for $2500? Very interested... ^_^

Hot off the press -

Samsung's X'mas promo starts from the 17th of this month and runs till the 24th of December-

Free 22" LCD (LA22B450) on these models :

LCD

40" LA40B650

46" LA46B650

55" LA55B650

40" LA40B750

46" LA46B750

52" LA52B750

Plasma

50" PS50B550

58" PS58B550

50" PS50B650

63" PS63B680

50" PS50B850

58" PS58B850

Free 26" LCD (LA26B450) on these models :

LED-backlit LCD

40" UA40B6000

46" UA46B6000

55" UA55B6000

40" UA40B7100

46" UA46B7100

55" UA55B7100

46" UA46B8000

55" UA55B8000

For those who buy a TV during this period - you will need to register for the deal online and pay them $40 towards postage and handling (cheap bas*ards).

This weekend: Samsung 40" (must be LA40B650 ?) at JB HIFI sticker price $1990, The Good Guys sticker price $1798. GG's said another $25 off for cash. GG said it's advertised in the newspaper. And you get the free 22" LCD by redemption, $40 postage cost (goes to Australia Post).

The usb wont play DivX like the LG, but the LG is $900 more (LG is higher spec LED, 200 Hz).

Any downside to getting the LA40B650 ? Seems a good deal for $1773 ? Melbourne prices.

...............just looked at the Qld Sony Centre catalogue and this TV (XBR45 46") is ticketed at $4299 with a Blue Ray player thrown and must come with the extended 3 Yr warranty. ...............

Videopro at the Valley has it in a catalogue for 3896, same deal. So at least start from there and work down, if you need to.

Hey Andy, supposedly if you make your purchase, do you mind passing me the receipt?

BTW, Where did you got quoted for $2500? Very interested... ^_^

JB Hi-Fi quoted $2500. We have 5 electrical retailers in the one complex, another across the road from that & another 3 not that far away. So it's pretty hard not to get a good deal on electrical. JB often have the lowest quote. I have an XBR3100 I have to off-load first though.

Andy.