Hdtv Prices

For anyone interested in buying the Samsung LA40A650 for $2050, I have just uploaded my receipt on the WIKI Page.

I noticed thare is a huge lack of supporting documents (i.e. receipts) for these claimed prices.

and lack of purchase dates last time I looked.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DisasterArea

Anyone seen a good price on a decent 40" TV?

I was looking at the LA40A650, but $2k is too rich for me, trying to get around $1500.

Have seen the BRAVIA KDL40V4000 for $1699 - price confirmed on phone with World Sqare sony central sydney, but for that price I want the W version!

Same set is $2100 in HarveyN's Martin place, so seems a fair price.

Not interested in series 4/5 samsungs.

KDLV4000's going as reconditioned, 3 month warranty only, on Graysonline for approximately $1k plus $150 premium plus $120 ship ($~1300)

Seems a good price, but would you buy reconditioned? Probably no legs to stand on if it breaks, or is delievered with heaps of faulty pixels?

Edited by DisasterArea

ok, i know my deal wasn't the greatest :rolleyes:

but $1299 for the PS42A450 with warranty to 5 years :)

HN Indooroopilly

was one of those don't leave the store deals, so couldn't get to Myer :rolleyes:

but happy because so far ( touch wood ) HN have always honoured their warranty ^_^

Wish I could start a new topic but I can't.

My old man has a budget of $1000 (cheers Rudd) to replace his exploded TV.

I bought a 52PX80A in December and am satisfied, thanks much to advice on here, but with price increases etc thats out of his price range.

Basically I'm after some recommendations on the biggest best TV for under $1000. LCD or plasma. Not into home theatre or big time TV watching, just a good basic set with good picture for free to air and DVDs.

Im struggling to find accurate quotes and reasonable prices at the moment.

cheers for help guys

Basically I'm after some recommendations on the biggest best TV for under $1000. LCD or plasma. Not into home theatre or big time TV watching, just a good basic set with good picture for free to air and DVDs.

I suppose you can try to go around and look for quotes on a 42" HD plasma from Panasonic (PX8A), Samsung (A410) or LG (PG20D). They can be purchased for around the $1000 mark and will suit his needs perfectly.

cheers kulfi.

The PX8A is definately the preference but seems to be out of stock everywhere, and one of the priorities I suppose is a quick purchase.

He's looking at the Samsung LCD LA32A450C1D for $950 with 5yrs warranty. I am not keen on LCD OR 32inch when a 42 inch plasma will dominate it any day. Plus that doesnt seem like a great price for what you're getting.

cheers kulfi.

The PX8A is definately the preference but seems to be out of stock everywhere, and one of the priorities I suppose is a quick purchase.

He's looking at the Samsung LCD LA32A450C1D for $950 with 5yrs warranty. I am not keen on LCD OR 32inch when a 42 inch plasma will dominate it any day. Plus that doesnt seem like a great price for what you're getting.

It's hard to justify a 32" TV when the 42" is available for a slightly larger amount. Show your dad the difference between the TVs and I'm sure he will be convinced. Size does matter !

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a Samsung 46 inch 6 series LCD TV. Any comments or feedback, and did anyone buy one recently. I would also like to see if anyone has got a good deal.

Thanks for all your help

G'day,

Nice LCD. I shopped around and chose the Samsung over others. I purchased it in January from the GG for 2550 and got the BR player too :D .

cheers kulfi.

Domayne advertises the entry level 4 series Samsung 42" plasma for $900-$950 usually (I've seen it advertised at least a few times over the past couple of mths), so check that out. Not quite as good as the PX8A IMHO but it's not a bad TV, and at that price it's not a bad deal.

Just purchased (paid the deposit - should get it in about a week)

What: 60 inch LG Plasma - 60PG70FD

Where: Clive Anthony's Kedron (Matthew)

Price: $4,011.00

Waranty: $539 (+4years - Lumly)

Total for Plasma and Warranty - $4,550

If anyone wants a copy of the receipt, pm with your email address and I will send it.

Has Samsung increased there prices. Cause i was looking at the latest GG brochure & saw 40 inch Full HDTV LCD 100 HZ for $2999. This has to be a misprint, doesnt it. Weren't they like 2300 last mth. No-ones gonna pay that for a old model. For like 300 bucks extra you can get a Sony 200HZ model.

Edited by CHRIS08

Couple of price updates (Sydney) -

1) Samsung 40" A450 LCD - ticketed at $1199 in Myer Eastgardens

2) LG 50" PG20D plasma - ticketed at $1699 in Betta Electrical World Square with a bonus $300 gift card (net cost $1399). It's a good deal as long as you don't spend the $300 gift card on a Monster cable. :winky:

anyone seen any good prices on the Panasonic TH-42PX8A? :)

no, my spending is not out of control :rolleyes:

just curious to know if it's been gotten for sub $1000 ^_^

I got mine just after Christmas for $997 ticketed price from DSE, it was the same time JB had them for $988 but i just couldn't wait for them to get more in stock

This was in Melbourne

From what I'm hearing, you'll struggle to find any stores left selling them for sub $1000

I got mine just after Christmas for $997 ticketed price from DSE, it was the same time JB had them for $988 but i just couldn't wait for them to get more in stock

This was in Melbourne

From what I'm hearing, you'll struggle to find any stores left selling them for sub $1000

noted and forwarded ^_^

anyone done better? :D

Guest byzance

hi,newbie here,i'm looking for a panny but my budget is $2000,either 42' or 50'' fingers crossed, im in brissie,thanks for any help in advance,

oops,i need a few tips for haggling for a female

hi,newbie here,i'm looking for a panny but my budget is $2000,either 42' or 50'' fingers crossed, im in brissie,thanks for any help in advance,

oops,i need a few tips for haggling for a female

do your research and find the tv you want :)

go to the wiki here in the opening post, do some best price searches :)

make a couple of phone calls to different stores and set yourself a price :)

then choose a store, have a practice run, ask their best price, be friendly but firm, do not turn female, you are the consumer, they want your money <_<

remember, you know what you want, do not be sidetracked :ninja:

if you score straight up, take it, if not, a different store, same steps, then if applicable, ask them if they can beat store ones price :D

it's all in the attitude, it's your money and they want it, so have some fun :lol:

there are so many stores :D

but

if the sales guy / girl try to be supierior, walk :ninja:

G'day,

Nice LCD. I shopped around and chose the Samsung over others. I purchased it in January from the GG for 2550 and got the BR player too :D .

Hi Mate,

Can you please share a receipt for this TV. This will be very helpful. my email address is mshroff@hotmail.com

Thanks,

For anyone interested in buying the Samsung LA40A650 for $2050, I have just uploaded my receipt on the WIKI Page.

I noticed thare is a huge lack of supporting documents (i.e. receipts) for these claimed prices.

Hi, I am new to this forum, could anyone kindly advise me where i can find the "Wiki" page which contains the copies of receipt?

Thank you very much!

Guest HDTV Reviews

I think features of the HDTVs should be the criteria to judge, not the price. If you look at the HDTV models of Sony, they are worth their prices.