Hdtv Prices

Just paid for a 46F81 Samsung from Myres at Brookside, got it for 3352 + 38 deliver (total 3390). I got quotes for $3499 from JB (not inc deliver) and $3450 from clive anth (no deliv). Mentioned the $3200 deal from Myer Indo to the salesperson and he mentioned that there had been a memo sent around stating NOT to let this TV go for that price. A little birdy from HN told me the cost of the TV was something like $3350 so they couldnt match it either (I did that one of the phone).

No stock, awaiting delivery once stock comes in.

Hi danielpenna, count yourself lucky that there are no stocks of the 46" F81 left now (meaning that you didn't get one of them) as there have been alot of people posting in the separate thread in here on the F81 Series about problems they are having with them and Samsung Tech support staff have told numerous of us they know of the problem and expect it to be fixed (we have our fingers crossed) in the next shipment due to arrive in Australia in the next week or so - quite a few of us are waiting to have our current 46F81 replaced out of this this new batch which will only be the second shipment of these TVs to arrive in Australia.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally jump in the bandwagon. Got the Sony 52X3100 with 5years warranty and delivery for $5250, plus a loose HDMI cable thrown in. Probably could have shaved a few more dollars. But it wasn't my intention to bleed them dry :rolleyes: .

I am interested to know, how many people would actually take up the additional insurance? Just that I have heard a lot of horror stories, especially with LG and Samsung products.

May I ask where you purchased it from so I can add it to the wiki.

LCD

samsung 46" F8 LA46F81BDX $3200 on AMEX + the free TV @ 4 yrs wty

sony 46" KDL46X3100 on AMEX @ 5yrs wty $3805 + free PS3 (40gig)

PLASMA

panasonic 50" TH-50PZ700A $3470 on AMEX @ 5yrs WTY

once we fiddled with the settings the Samsung LCD was killed by the Sony and this was on blue ray, dvd and the guy also let me plug in a divx movie and look at the quality.

I had my heart on the samsung due to the free TV, but must say the sony had better detail and colours in everything and you get a free PS3 now too.

NOW, we switch to divx on the plasma and the panasonic looks more movie like than the sony.

Now I am so confused..

LCD

samsung 46" F8 LA46F81BDX $3200 on AMEX + the free TV @ 4 yrs wty

PLASMA

panasonic 50" TH-50PZ700A $3470 on AMEX @ 5yrs WTY

once we fiddled with the settings the Samsung LCD was killed by the Sony and this was on blue ray, dvd and the guy also let me plug in a divx movie and look at the quality.

I had my heart on the samsung due to the free TV, but must say the sony had better detail and colours in everything and you get a free PS3 now too.

NOW, we switch to divx on the plasma and the panasonic looks more movie like than the sony.

Now I am so confused..

Hey, the Sony 46 + Ps3 combo sounds pretty seductive, where was it from? Mel?

The free PS3 who is that with? HN? I heard that last weekend from a guy also looking in HN and he was advised by the salesman to wait later if he wanted a PS3 thrown in. Although I wasn't sure if this meant you had to buy the ticketed price or there was movement on it + the PS3.

The free PS3 who is that with? HN? I heard that last weekend from a guy also looking in HN and he was advised by the salesman to wait later if he wanted a PS3 thrown in. Although I wasn't sure if this meant you had to buy the ticketed price or there was movement on it + the PS3.

Sony special starts in about a week.

My prices are as stated where I did bargain them down, but I now have no idea of which tv to buy, sony lcd vs pana plasma

Sony TV - $3555

4 yrs wty - $250

del $50

+ free ps3

hey dude...

do have a written quote or reciept for that ????

if so, can i get a copy, i'm going to buy one tommorow if i can get that deal!!!!!

email me at quansta7 at hotmail dot com

thanks

We are friends with the owner of a Retravision Store and he has said that "Sony Bravia's X and XBR series will have a free playstation 3 by redemption from Sony if purchased after December 21st".

And when does this promotion end? Does it last for only one week till the end of this year?

We are friends with the owner of a Retravision Store and he has said that "Sony Bravia's X and XBR series will have a free playstation 3 by redemption from Sony if purchased after December 21st".

If true that is awesome news! Next Friday eh. I'll be looking out for the announcement. I was just going to get a W series (have no interest in the motionflow) but would pay the extra few hundred for the PS3.

Edited by napalm68

Not if you have to pay RRP for the TV! Just like the Retravison 'Holiday Dollars' promotion

Heh, heh, true. But if this is a Sony mail in deal, it should not affect the prices retailers are selling them for.

If I can get the X + PS3 for $500 more than I can get a W, that would be a clincher. I am wanting a PS3, but was wanting to wait until they started releasing dual shock packs. I'm not really interested in any games at this point (next year there are a number I want though)