Hdtv Prices

I have noticed on the Sony web site that the W series and the D series prices have dropped again in time for Xmas

The 40" W series is now RRP $2999, 46" $3799 and 52" $5799

The 40" D series is now RRP $2399 and 46" $3299

I don't think the X and XBR have changed

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paid yesterday for my LA40M81BDX, tilting wall mount and 5yr warranty, total $2469 from a mate at HN. Not in stock though so I'll have to wait a week or so.

When comparing US vs AUST prices, remember that the Aussie dollar wasn't always this high and the retail prices for major items like TVs weren't set yesterday. I do realise this doesn't account for such a massive gap though, and agree we're getting the $hit end of the stick it would appear.

Just paid for a 46F81 Samsung from Myres at Brookside, got it for 3352 + 38 deliver (total 3390). I got quotes for $3499 from JB (not inc deliver) and $3450 from clive anth (no deliv). Mentioned the $3200 deal from Myer Indo to the salesperson and he mentioned that there had been a memo sent around stating NOT to let this TV go for that price. A little birdy from HN told me the cost of the TV was something like $3350 so they couldnt match it either (I did that one of the phone).

No stock, awaiting delivery once stock comes in.

Edited by danielpenna

I was quoted $5,000 for the LA52M81BDX isn't the M8 series older? I would of thought it would be cheaper than these new F8 series

Yes the M8 series is older than the F8 series and is also cheaper. You should be able to get the LA52M81BDX for about $4500 as $4600 was managed about 3 weeks ago. The best price for the LA52F81BDX was $4796 at the Good Guys in Adelaide and $4900 at the Good Guys in Sydney.

Guest GeekyJocks

Heya's! First time poster, long time reader.

I was down at HN Dandenong(vic) today. They had some big sale in the car park with now what seems to be some pretty good prices.

I don't follow the prices as much as i did since I bought my panel but thought this could be used for your list.

Wiki best price ---------------------------------------------- HN Dandenong ticket price.

PS50C91HDX - $2331 (Digital Centre - Melbourne) - Ticketed at $2300

PS42Q91HDX - $1900 (Good Guys, Castle Hill NSW) - Ticketed at $1727

LC46PD7X - $2800 (Bing Lee) - My mate got his for $2600 2 weeks ago

PDP-508XDA - $4640 (JB Hi-Fi - Ballarat Vic) - Ticketed at $4750 negotiate for better i'm sure.

Aslo

42PC1DV Ticketed at $1197

and older model 32" and 37" Philips LCD going cheap, forgot to write them one's down, about $1050 and 1550 from memory.

I have been looking at the Bravia X series, was quoted $3600 for the 46' at JB or $3900 with 5 yr warrenty. Anyone seen it better around Melbourne?

Thats a pretty decent price for the X3100 46" and better than the price achieved for the group buy recently (given there has been a price drop in between). As a best price point I always work from 30% off RRP (retail margin is usually 33%) and see where I can get to so best price (usually only for bulk purchases) would be $3149 though a more achievable price would be 25% off at $3,374.....all for the X3100 46"

I picked up a Pana TH-42PX70A for $1780 from HN @ Greensborough (VIC) on Saturday.

Very happy with the set, my first Plasma :wub:

Hope this helps someone in the market !

Cheers,

Zap

Hi folks, my first post here. the nearest JB quoted TH-42PX7A (not 70a) for $1580 with only one year warranty plus delivery is it a good price? is it worth the difference for extra HDMI? the salesman told me to get a hdmi hub instead for $90, will it ruin the pic quality? I'm a total noob in this. TIA.

bob

Hi folks, my first post here. the nearest JB quoted TH-42PX7A (not 70a) for $1580 with only one year warranty plus delivery is it a good price? is it worth the difference for extra HDMI? the salesman told me to get a hdmi hub instead for $90, will it ruin the pic quality? I'm a total noob in this. TIA.

bob

Pricewise it sounds pretty good, the cheapest price advertised so far is $1549. Delivery is usually $30-$40, so the price is right.

You could always go to another store and tell them you got it for $1,500 delivered and see if they are prepared to match it ;)

As for the HDMI, it comes down to whether or not you're going to connect any HDMI devices to it. Also remember that the 7a does not have front AV's, that said, its substantially cheaper than 70a (about $200~$300).

Finally jump in the bandwagon. Got the Sony 52X3100 with 5years warranty and delivery for $5250, plus a loose HDMI cable thrown in. Probably could have shaved a few more dollars. But it wasn't my intention to bleed them dry :rolleyes: .

I am interested to know, how many people would actually take up the additional insurance? Just that I have heard a lot of horror stories, especially with LG and Samsung products.

Edited by intoHDtv