Hdtv Prices

while the 50" PZ can be had for $2998 all shown here in the forum

That is an amazing price. I only started looking about 4 weeks ago and back then that would have been a good price for a 50" PX! (which is only 1368 x 768). The Panasonics have dropped heaps recently, I would think the other brands will have join the xmas party too?

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment I don't think the Panasonic panels can be beaten for value!

Haggling will get you the 42" 7a for $1499 while the 50" PZ can be had for $2998 all shown here in the forum...amazing prices!

From where exactly can you bargain the 42PX7A down under $1500??? That's a fair margin less than I could have gotten it in bulk!

Just bought the Samsung PS50P91FDX for $3035 with 1 extra year warranty & delivery from Myer.

I am very happy!!!

Thanks fast700c for the receipt, it really helped with negotiating the deal.

Which Myer did you get your deal from? I used fast700c's receipt as well but could not go near it. Best they could do was $3359 with an extra 1 year warranty.

Guest Markus T
Which Myer did you get your deal from? I used fast700c's receipt as well but could not go near it. Best they could do was $3359 with an extra 1 year warranty.

Got mine from Chatswood, NSW.

I had to keep pushing to get the price down, they offered me $3100 with the standard 2 year warranty. The salesguy then spoke to the manager who agreed to the $3035 price.

Salesguy said he wouldn't be surprised if the manager wouldn't be around in a couple of weeks time as they really are not supposed to sell at anywhere near that price!

Got mine from Chatswood, NSW.

I had to keep pushing to get the price down, they offered me $3100 with the standard 2 year warranty. The salesguy then spoke to the manager who agreed to the $3035 price.

Salesguy said he wouldn't be surprised if the manager wouldn't be around in a couple of weeks time as they really are not supposed to sell at anywhere near that price!

Yeah, got offerred $3100 with the standard warranty as well and wouldn't budge, even when I said I was gonna buy a 42" pana as well.

Said I was willing to pay $5100 cash for both the Sammy and 42PX70A, but unfortunately no deal.

bay the bludgers double group buy and all ???

Can you clarify ?

It should have read pay double.

there is a group buy on for the pioneers in case you havent heard

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...5906&st=100

prices are still much cheaper than you see here but they were negotiated a month ago as as far as im concerned they should have dropped another 20% just like the opposition did.

It should have read pay double.

there is a group buy on for the pioneers in case you havent heard

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...5906&st=100

prices are still much cheaper than you see here but they were negotiated a month ago as as far as im concerned they should have dropped another 20% just like the opposition did.

Perhaps someone should organise another GB for the Pioneers...

Pioneers have much better PQ than the Panasonics, but you are paying a massive premium for them. :(

I have seen both panels and I cannot justify an extra $4-5k for the Pioneer.

In a very short time all these displays will be dirt cheap...sorry to the people paying $8k for the Pio but the depreciation on a $8k display is going to be ugly.

I would like to thank everyone in this forum for providing me with the research information for the past year. I have finally made the decision and bought the Panasonic TH-42PX7A yesterday. Below are some information I would like to share and contribute back to this forum.

Store : JB-HiFi Chadstone Shopping Centre, VIC

Price : $1550

2 year extended warranty (taking it to 3 years) : $229

4 year extended warranty (taking it to 5 years) : $339 (I chose this option)

[shipping & Box Size]

For those who are planning to bring it back themselves, the box dimensions are

Length : 115 cm

Depth : 40.5 cm

Height : 81.5 cm

Note that it has to be shipped standing upright & the entire box managed to fit nicely at the back of my 2005 Camry sedan.

[installation]

Assemble the stand first and then place the panel over the stand before securing it with the screews provided. I had help lifting the panel up and placing it over the stand.

From upgrading from a 34" Panasonic CRT to this, I must say I am very happy with the purchase. I had initially wanted to buy the TH-42PZ700U but realised I didn't require the additional features. I hope this information helps anyone and good hunting.

Any update on the absolute best price for the panasonic PZ 5700A? I was wanting a Pioneer but I refuse to bay the bludgers double group buy and all...let them drop to match the aussie dollar and the opposition

I managed to get the Panasonic TH-50PZ700A for $3200 @ The Good Guys - Prospect (Homebase), Sydney last Wed - BIG new store, sales guy very quick to do a deal when I mentioned this forum - said their cost for this item was $3226 ... not sure if that is true

May not be of interest for most, but today just purchased LG 26lc7d for $900. Bought with an LG fridge, which was already on special and they couldn't do any better on the fridge, so $900 achievable solo. Not bad for spare room TV. Also considered an offer on 32lc7d for $1200. Great little set for the bucks.

I managed to get the Panasonic TH-50PZ700A for $3200 @ The Good Guys - Prospect (Homebase), Sydney last Wed - BIG new store, sales guy very quick to do a deal when I mentioned this forum - said their cost for this item was $3226 ... not sure if that is true

Please be assusred you are never shown "True" cost price from any of the retailers...You have to remember that they all work on rebates & special pricing and both of these are not on their computers for all to see, so this is their buffer which means they can get near this artificial cost price without actually being near the "true" cost price...So in short don't fall for it, just know that there is more money to deal with...think about it, if they were all selling for their cost price then we wouldn't have many retailers left would we...