Sign in to follow this  
Dexx1503560195

A Screen From Ebay

I saw this fixed 120" screen on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=220163856953

Sounds pretty good, but sold for a very low price. Is anyone familiar with this particular product?

Would the screen material be as poor as i fear?

It looks as well made as any other chinese screen. Note it is grey not matt white. As it is inexpensive, maybe it is worth a lash to try. Up to you. I note he is now starting at $350, so the $237 win on this link must have been too little

It looks as well made as any other chinese screen. Note it is grey not matt white. As it is inexpensive, maybe it is worth a lash to try. Up to you. I note he is now starting at $350, so the $237 win on this link must have been too little

I remember seeing these screens on ebay a few years ago when i was looking for my first screen. To be honest with you these Snowhite screens look the most reputable out of all the screens on ebay.

This screen manufacturer also has a compnay website which is a lot more than any of the others retailed on eBay Australia. They have also passed international standards.

http://www.snowhitescreen.com/en/htm/english.htm

After several years development, Snowhite projection screens has a large market in Mainland of China. At present, Snowhite company cooperate with world famous projection enterprises such as American Da-lite, Danish SVS, keeping the step of the development of the world projection technology, offering clients perfect eyes enjoyment.

That's some credibility and at a price of sub $350 for a 120" screen i reckon it could be worth a crack. The fabric is imported from the U.S. which suggests its quality also. I'd say it will be good but not outstanding quality! if you're looking for an el cheapo on ebay this would be the one to get IMO.

Let us know how you go.

Edited by HDWIZ

There's a company called "Dream" selling 92" screens (matt white) pull down, non electric for 1$ NR

I have 3 of them now (picked them up for $20-50 each)

They are truly well made screens, I was surprised just how good they are. Solid as!

Well worth it.

Kind regards

There's a company called "Dream" selling 92" screens (matt white) pull down, non electric for 1$ NR

They are truly well made screens, I was surprised just how good they are. Solid as!

Well worth it.

Kind regards

Well worth it.

Kind regards

Hehe, I paid $199 for my one a couple of years ago when he was just thinking to import that line. I actually advised him to stick to 100" max. Mine is still going strong - but is now located at the tennis club.

It absolutely stunk of volatiles for a week when first opened, but it was OK in PQ for $200 then

$50 is a steal

I bought mine from ebay a few months ago for $90 100" cant complain compared to the same screen sold retail at the large audio stores for $250

Hi

I need some help choosing my screen. I perfer a fixed one as I heard they are better value for money if you dont mind having a fixed screen. I have been looking on ebay at these ones

ELEGANCE SYMPHONY FIXED FRAME PROJECTOR SCREEN

100 inch AURORA Fixed Projector Screen Velour Frame

NEW FIXED FRAME 120" 16:9 PROJECTOR SCREEN PURE FLAT (Snowhite)

16x9 FIXED Framed PROJECTOR SCREEN 216x129cm 90 INCH (Selby)

I want to have a 100" screen. The Selby one I will get will be the 108". The Snowhite one I am scared is a little too big. I am sitting about 4.5 meters from screen and have just brought an Epson TW1000 projector.

Any recommendations on why I should go for one or the other? So confused.

Thanks

Edited by Cardz

I just noticed this screen on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Vision-Tab-Tension-...1QQcmdZViewItem

It is matte white with TAB TENSION. It seems like a pretty good unit for the price has anyone have any thoughts.

I am seriously consideirng this unit

The other one is a CINESCREEN which i believe everyone say is great, it just doesn't have TAB TENSION.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/90-16-9-Motorised-H...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for the advise.

The tab tension seller looks a bit dodgy as his only feed back is from a new ebayer with 0 feedback- always a bad sign

His method of payment through deposit $88 and pay the rest cash on arrival seems a little odd (for the panasonic projector)

I suspect its a scam and not legitimate - but could be wrong (or not) :-)

I picked up a cheap motorised 100" screen from ebay a year or two back... works fine, and no real dramas, except it was made with some awful smelling material, which stank out the room for a good few months - the smell has mostly subsided now, though if you get up close you can still smell it..

Can't complain though I think it was around $300 delivered.