New Samsung 120hz Lcd Screen...

Guest Chyster

Harvey Norman have the 40" and 52" F8's advertised in the Herald Sun in Melbourne for $3992 and $6995 respectively, and this is on a No-Deposit, No-Interest, No-Repayments until April 2009 offer. I wonder how much lower these prices could go if cash was paid? Sub 3K is awesome in itself for a brand new 40" model, let-alone without a finance overhead. :)

I was looking very closely at the M8's and Sony X Series but I think now may be time to invest in the Sammy F8.

Has anyone seen one of these in the flesh in Melbourne yet?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harvey Norman have the 40" and 52" F8's advertised in the Herald Sun in Melbourne for $3992 and $6995 respectively,

Samsungs retail price for the 40" is $3649 - Overpricing items and then making customers think they've got a great deal when they give em a discount..

Just paid the deposit on a 46" F8. Local Retravision (friend of the family, but not sure if that had anything to do with it), price matched the proposed delivered price ($3381) from GAMEON - sorry guys - and as it's easier to buy locally I did so. He checked his supplier and was told stock would arrive Brisbane on 27 Nov and should reach Toowoomba by 30 Nov/01 Dec.

:blush::blush: Apologies to all. The post I made about a local store having a 46" F8 was wrong. It turns out it was a 'M'. :blush::blush: Sorry

Nah you're right mate. For a while there I thought your local Retravision had a bit of arm-twisting power compared to my in-laws' Retravision. I don't think anyone would have the F series as of yet, but it's imminent anyway.

I just hope that the LED backlighting/10-bit panel model (F91 ???) comes out this year and not having to wait for the free lcd deal to end on 15/01 before they release it (the F81 was loaded on the website on 15/11) or worse even, waiting for months until it's out in Australia :wacko:

I just hope that the LED backlighting/10-bit panel model (F91 ???) comes out this year and not having to wait for the free lcd deal to end on 15/01 before they release it (the F81 was loaded on the website on 15/11) or worse even, waiting for months until it's out in Australia :wacko:

What is the retail store price to buy one of those in the states atm?

I just seen it.

$3999 US but NO digital tuner!

Edited by automan

What is the retail store price to buy one of those in the states atm?

I saw them come out in USA towards the end of August as "In Stock" in some online stores and the RRP for the 40" (LNT4081F) was as announced earlier in the year by Samsung $2999US, not long after I found it discounted to $2499, that site doesn't discount them any longer but I found it again $2499 here supposedly authorised dealer http://www.ahs-fl.com/samsung1.html, but also for $2294 at http://tvcity.tv/productview.aspx?CatID=0&ID=2325 and also suspiciously similar website $1 difference eheh http://www.everything4electronics.com/prod...ew.aspx?ID=2325

http://product.samsung.com/hd/innov_120hz.html

When do you guys think the 500,000:1 contrast ratio, LED back lighted models will come out in Aus?

our version will be 100Hz like the F81 series compared to equivalent 71 series in USA which is 120Hz (NTSC is 60Hz so doubling frames gives 120Hz while PAL is 50Hz so doubling gives 100Hz unless I'm mistaken, though we were finished with this PAL/NTSC rubbish with advent of digital tv and hd discs, so is this only for DVDs or what?)

Edited by Icy

looks like Samsung are offering the 'free bonus LCD TV offer' with the M8 models now aswell as the F8 models... must have plenty to go round http://www.samsung.com/au/products/tv/lcdt...=Specifications

although a free tv doesnt sway my decision any way

so let me get this correct the models went N8 > M8 > F8.... ????? the N8 is the older model right? thats backwards :wacko:

After viewing the comparisons done in THIS link provided earlier in the thread between the XBR/X series & the F8(great link).... IMO the XBR is sharper/more detailed & has the better contrast..thoughts? could be something to do with the sony being 10 bit vs 8 bit on the sammy.

Can i ask has anyone considered the Samsung PS50P91FDX 50" plasma? as it can be had for the same price as the XBR/F8 & has an extra 4 inches & gets good reviews ... hmmmm decisions, out of the XBR, F8, P9 i have a new tellie. :wacko:

Edited by MrMan

so let me get this correct the models went N8 > M8 > F8.... ????? the N8 is the older model right? thats backwards :wacko:

The N series came out after the M series. This is hard to imagine why samsung bring out a cheaper lower spec model when it is only 300 dollars more expensive and even less when you haggle a deal.

I assume they might drop off the M series first so i gives customers the option of the low spec N series or jump up to the highly credentialed F series.

I emailed Samsung early last week asking about the F8 and F9 series models and received the following reply today:

The new Samsung F8 series 100Hz LCD range comes in 40", 46" and 52" models. They are currently being released into the market for sale so you should see them in all major retailers within the week. The F8 is our flagship series and the F9 series only consists of a 70" LED LCD which will be availble later this month.

It seems Australia is only getting the 70 inch LED LCD, similarly to Singapore which have already had it for the last couple of months. You'd think they'd eventually phase in the smaller sizes that we can actually afford but looks like that won't until early next year, if at all.

By the way, CNET US posted a review on the 71f (known as the F8 here) a few days a go http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-ln-t4671f/... and gave it 8.0/10.

Spoke to a retailer who said that they will have stock of F8's by the end of the week.

Not the greatest price though - $3699 with free delivery for 46"

Not too bad a price...should be able to knock them down a couple of pegs.bout the same as the X Series Sony. These two TV's are the top LCD's on the market by far. Not that I can comment much on the F8 until I lay my eyes on 1, only what ive read about the 71 in the states but it certainly looks promising.

Can i ask peoples thoughts on what possibly gives the F8 the tick over the sony when deciding? Is the bonus TV the deal breaker? <_<

I would like to see the new SAMSUNG VS the Pio KURO

Contrast ratios - 25000: 1 vS 20000:1

I hope you're right and its coming soon :)

the problem with the LED lighting is it operates in 'banks'. there are 2 knows issues with this and 1 is there is a 'ball effect' where (on avsforums) people are saying the led backlighting can't keep up with the panel and you get a smearing effect. Additionally, because in really dark scenes the LED's can switch off, it can rate very highly on contrast tests. however when you have a mix of light and dark you're back to normal, or if not then you lose the light detail becuase the bank of LED's is 'off'. Cnet still gave the editors choice to the XBR...

as far as i'm aware, there's also a 'normally' backlit model that's really good as well... not sure if we'll get that here though.

Edited by SleepRequired

Hi everyone, i am new to this forum. I am located in Melbourne and have been getting people together for a group buy for the new LA46F81 Samsung and free 26" R7 offer. If anyone is interested the purchase is going to be made through Retra Vision store Cash $3290. 2% extra for Credit Card. If anyone is interested let me know.

Hi everyone, i am new to this forum. I am located in Melbourne and have been getting people together for a group buy for the new LA46F81 Samsung and free 26" R7 offer. If anyone is interested the purchase is going to be made through Retra Vision store Cash $3290. 2% extra for Credit Card. If anyone is interested let me know.

Hi, where abouts in Melbourne are you from, that is a very good deal. At this stage without the TV being available in stores I have so far priced it around the $3500 mark. So at your price I would be very interested in purchasing with you.

At JB in Preston they were installing the LA40F81 yesterday and I will tell you the picture was amazing. It stood out from all other LCD's, this is clearly going to sell well...

I would be for a 50" screen - F8 or M8!

I am in Adelaide...

Edited by Serpeant