New Samsung 120hz Lcd Screen...

Just had confirmation that Game On do qualify as a participating reseller for the Samsung promotion.

Just select "Other" when you go through the redemption process.

So, what price can you give DTV forum members for one of these TVs? I personally am looking at either the LA52M81BDX or LA52F81BDX 52" TVs.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what price can you give DTV forum members for one of these TVs? I personally am looking at either the LA52M81BDX or LA52F81BDX 52" TVs.

Prices are pretty low as they are.

However, I can do a further 2% off a Samsung LCD or Plasma if you pay by direct deposit.

PM me for a coupon code to use in the checkout however, as mentioned, it is for direct deposit only as we don't have to pay for any card surcharges.

hey ppl..

im not looking at buying a tv until start of year as that is when settlement is for my new place.. have been tossing up between the 46" f8 when released or their samsung 50" p9.

the samsung promotion for the f8 really is a nail biter so i would go the 46" option, however as purchase will be close to the end of the promotion, is their any way to find out if stocks are availabel (as the promo states while stocks last).. would they just remove the promo earlier if all out???

if i bought the 46" and didnt get the free 26" i would of just preferred to go the 50" plasma..

cheers.

Edited by amigo

I'm worried about pre-ordering because on the pdf it says "IMPORTANT: Entries must be received within 2 weeks of the purchase date". There's even a chance that processing + delivery + mail envelope to Samsung could take over 2 weeks.

I create the Invoices once the items ships as that's when we get invoiced by our distributor.

Prices are pretty low as they are.

However, I can do a further 2% off a Samsung LCD or Plasma if you pay by direct deposit.

PM me for a coupon code to use in the checkout however, as mentioned, it is for direct deposit only as we don't have to pay for any card surcharges.

Do you know how these LCD's compare to the Pioneer XDA508?

With the Pioneer group buy, the Pioneers are heap cheaper than the Samsungs, so unless the Samsungs have a better PQ, I think the Pioneer is the one to go...

Edited by Serpeant

Do you know how these LCD's compare to the Pioneer XDA508?

With the Pioneer group buy, the Pioneers are heap cheaper than the Samsungs, so unless the Samsungs have a better PQ, I think the Pioneer is the one to go...

The GB isnt getting the pioneer 50" for under $3400 which is how mauch GameOn has the F8 46" Sammy for, so i dont know where you get those figures? Unless you are comparing it to the 52" LCD i suppose, but most i think would compare 50" plasma vs 46" LCD. The Pio vs Samsung is the question on a lot of people's lips and until we see them in the flesh i guess its all pretty academic (and even then it is difficult to make many decisions based on the crap pictures/setup/sources in retailer showrooms). No doubt the XDA will have better blacks, but reviews of the F8 suggest it has best blacks so far for an LCD plus the buzz about 1080P and the lower price will probably make a lot of people swing towards the sammy LCD as well. I just cant get over the runout prices on the M81 now the F81 is coming... Very tempting at $2700

Edited by scarecrow420

mate, depends on what you're using it for.

- if it's your main screen for TV, movies etc, get a plasma. better motion, better blacks etc. LCD is catching up, but plasma will still be better atm.

- if you're using it for a HTPC or for console games (like myself), LCD is the best option - no burn-in, better brightness etc.

i'd say you decided between plasma and LCD, THEN start deciding between models.

BTW - look how much business i got you guys mastiha!!!

Edited by anandr

Did retravision have these in stock?

Well let me just say that I had a chat with GG in Townsville about the availability of the F81, and I was told after he got off the phone to Samsung in Brisbane, that there were 0 units in QLD and the first shipment they could get a piece of wasn't arriving in NSW until 10 Dec...then he told me 7-10 days to ship and $3,799 <_<

I spoke with Samsung Australia this morning regarding the new 100hz LA46F8BDX.

There is NO stock of this in Australia. First stock is arriving in SYDNEY in the second week of December. Other States will flow on from there up to one week later.

It looks as though they are launching just in time for Christmas and to ensure they clear some of the M stock.

This means there is not much time to claim the free LCD on these products as the promo finishes on the 15/01/08. Very smart from Samsung as they don't want to be giving away too many of these freebies...

I was SO dissapointed to see the F series (F81) show up on the website today and to find that it's the equivalent to the USA 71 series, with no trace of the USA's 81-series equivalent which is only really a few hundred dollars extra (AUD is strong) and has the kikaz LED backlighting, 10-bit panel and 24p capability, I've been anxiously waiting for it this whole year and now I'm back to square one since no retailer or Samsung salespeople can tell me anything about availability of LED backlit panels in Australia... We're already 3 months behind since USA released the 71 and 81 series for selling, will be 4 months by mid december... The M series that came out in USA in March was out here promptly at start of May only 2 months after...

Samsung Australia must think we are some backwater and don't deserve decent TVs or what? Does anybody have ANY info whatsoever on the availability of 40" LED backlit or any kind of LED backlit Samsungs in Australia? Will they flog this 71 series over xmas with their special and then introduce the 81 series and take the aussies for idiots or just wait for months to release it? Will it be named F91 or what is happening ='(

I was told at JB hifi tonight that the 40" F81 will cost $2999, and due out "soon.......ish".

Well it was already slightly lower then that price ($3k with delivery) online, but going on the high margins of the previous models the real price is more like $2500 if the guy wants to be bothered making a bit less, but since there's all the M series to be sold and xmas rush time, might have to wait for January quiet time to get that price, otherwise just wait 1-2 weeks for online prices to update and show something closer to $2500...

I was told at JB hifi tonight that the 40" F81 will cost $2999, and due out "soon.......ish".

I checked some of the local stores (Toowoomba) yesterday and found that BETTA Electrical had a LA46F81BDX on display. Others - eg HN all said "about a week away", or had not placed orders for any yet.

Quoted RRP's were interesting. Betta had a ticket price of $5299, but when I queried it they checked the computer and said RRP was 4999. HN said $4299 RRP, but didn't know what they would be ticketed at. Samsung website says $4749 RRP.

Makes the buy from shop.gameon (as previosly mentioned this thread) look very tempting.

Edited by 441fnd

I checked some of the local stores (Toowoomba) yesterday and found that BETTA Electrical had a LA46F81BDX on display.

Are you sure that was an F81 on display?!? My parents-in-law own a Retravision, and they haven't received confirmation of the F series coming in as of yet, although they do show up in their price list. I spoke to Samsung on Wednesday, and they told me the F series were still being tested before release, which I thought was a bit strange...? :huh:

Are you sure that was an F81 on display?!?

Yep, at least that's what all the labels on the set indicated. ie "100hz motion flow", and their price ticket showed the correct model number. I might re-visit them just to make sure, but I don't intend buying there. I admit, it is a bit strange that they would have one in stock when no-one else does.

Yep, at least that's what all the labels on the set indicated. ie "100hz motion flow", and their price ticket showed the correct model number. I might re-visit them just to make sure, but I don't intend buying there. I admit, it is a bit strange that they would have one in stock when no-one else does.

Would love to hear your opinions on the PQ, especially compared to the Sony Bravia X or Sammy M81 series.....

Hi all,

I've been cruising this awesome forum recently, as I'm on the hunt for a new LCD. From reading your posts, I've got my eye set on 46 inch F8... defnitely looking attractive with free 26".

I spoke to a fella from Samsung yesterday (15/11/07) and enquired about it and was told this:

1. They just received a shipment of F8s (he said sitting in the warehouse)

2. Expect to seem them in stores in perhaps a week maybe???

3. There are plenty of the "free" LCDs to go around

Good news ... if it's true! I'm in Victoria if anyone was wondering.