New Samsung 120hz Lcd Screen...

ok, here's the store - reputable site, they have posted many times here on DTVforum, many happy customers here too.

http://shop.gameon.net.au/p/395661/samsung...-la46f81bd.html

they should be here by 2nd/3rd week november. RRP will be much higher of course.

$3400+delivery is a great price, especially when you consider the free 26" LCD you get from Samsung (currently $950 on the same site).

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, here's the store - reputable site, they have posted many times here on DTVforum, many happy customers here too.

http://shop.gameon.net.au/p/395661/samsung...-la46f81bd.html

they should be here by 2nd/3rd week november. RRP will be much higher of course.

Ah yes i have already seen them on that site for that price, and from their prices you can see that the F8 is coming in a bit higher than the M8 now is. I was referring more to RRP prices, and was saying id be very surprised if they werent up over $4K for the 46"

argh this is so tough now!!

i'm either getting sony bravia x or samsung F8, was leaning towards bravia but now samsung drops in this free bonus tv!!

I'm also looking at getting the F81 (prob 40"). If I buy it from that site will I still be able to use the redemption offer, as in the Terms and Conditions of that offer it says participating retailers only. Does that limit to some stores and not others????

I was hoping to get the 40" F81 for $2700 from that site and get a free 19" R71 via redemption.

And is that site reputable, I have never head of it before.

hey mate,

i doubt that you will be able to redeem the offer, unfortunately - participaing retailers usually means the big guns (myer, harvey n etc.)

search on this forum for the name of that site. from what i've been told, there are a number of happy customers here.

cheers.

Anyone know the answer to my query in the previous post?

Hi, I'm not sure but I would like to know as well. As you may have noticed, the Samsung site now has the claim form up. In the Retailer/Reseller category the following retailers are included:

• Bing Lee
  • Dick Smith
  • Harvey Norman
  • Harris Technology
  • Retravision
  • Good Guys
  • Other

The 'Other' option is quite vague so it seems they may accept receipts from other retailers like Jb Hi fi and perhaps online stores too. I'm just taking a guess though. If I decide to purchase this TV I will call Samsung to confirm this to make sure I don't miss out on the offer.

Like other people, I've come close to purchasing the Sony 46X3100 and I still might, however this offer seems very good.

Incidentally, some one on avsforum did a comparison of these two tvs here. Overall they concluded that both were very good TVs and that it comes down to personal preference. They decided to keep the F81 (71) because they don't mind the glossy panel and it is cheaper in the United States than the XBR4.

Hi, I'm not sure but I would like to know as well. As you may have noticed, the Samsung site now has the claim form up. In the Retailer/Reseller category the following retailers are included:
  • Bing Lee
  • Dick Smith
  • Harvey Norman
  • Harris Technology
  • Retravision
  • Good Guys
  • Other

The 'Other' option is quite vague so it seems they may accept receipts from other retailers like Jb Hi fi and perhaps online stores too. I'm just taking a guess though. If I decide to purchase this TV I will call Samsung to confirm this to make sure I don't miss out on the offer.

Like other people, I've come close to purchasing the Sony 46X3100 and I still might, however this offer seems very good.

Incidentally, some one on avsforum did a comparison of these two tvs here. Overall they concluded that both were very good TVs and that it comes down to personal preference. They decided to keep the F81 (71) because they don't mind the glossy panel and it is cheaper in the United States than the XBR4.

Organise a group buy from one of the above places so you get...

1. Good price

2. Free LCD!!

I should be able to let you guys know over the next few days whether we are classed as a participating store.

I don't see why we aren't as we do get our stock from a local Samsung distributor and do not grey market. We provide a Tax Invoice with our ABN on it as well as it should qualify according to their terms.

I'll post in this thread once I find out.

Yes nice review - looks like the F8 is a leading contender for my next TV... hopefully they don't take too long to get in stores (so I can check it out in person) - the price at mastiha's store is great.

It looks like this new Samsung LA46F81BDX is available now although nothing on the Oz samsung site.

There has beens mention of a free 26" TV by redemption. Where are people getting this info from as can't find anything on Samsung site?

Am seeing online prices of low $3600's for the 46".

eg. http://www.bestdeal4u.com.au/hometheatre/index.html

http://www.entique.com.au/product.aspx?id=1836

Very similar prices to what I have got on the Sony x 46"

Shame about the glossy screen on the Samsung though.

I should be able to let you guys know over the next few days whether we are classed as a participating store.

I don't see why we aren't as we do get our stock from a local Samsung distributor and do not grey market. We provide a Tax Invoice with our ABN on it as well as it should qualify according to their terms.

Thanks for that. I also sent an email to Samsung PR to find out, haven't got the response yet (probably have to wait till working days).

But yeh gameon seems to have a good price, I'm tossing up between this (the 40" F81 and X-series). What do you guys reckon, I will mainly be playing PS3, watching Blu-Rays, up-scaled DVDs, and alot of FTA digital ( I don't have foxtel or anything).

I know the F81 is the newer TV, but newer doesn't always mean better. From the reviews they look pretty much equal. Whats your opinions?

Thanks for that. I also sent an email to Samsung PR to find out, haven't got the response yet (probably have to wait till working days).

But yeh gameon seems to have a good price, I'm tossing up between this (the 40" F81 and X-series). What do you guys reckon, I will mainly be playing PS3, watching Blu-Rays, up-scaled DVDs, and alot of FTA digital ( I don't have foxtel or anything).

I know the F81 is the newer TV, but newer doesn't always mean better. From the reviews they look pretty much equal. Whats your opinions?

F81 is not actually a newer T.V, it only got released later than the X series in OZ.

In other countries I think the F81 was released 1st before the X series.

Therefore whether is got released later in OZ doesn't mean it could be more advanced tech.

There has beens mention of a free 26" TV by redemption. Where are people getting this info from as can't find anything on Samsung site?

If you go to a product page for one of the LCDs there's a link at the top near the price:

http://www.samsung.com/au/digitall/promotions/index.htm

http://www.samsung.com/au/digitall/promoti...tvpromotion.pdf

Edited by aeon

If you go to a product page for one of the LCDs there's a link at the top near the price:

http://www.samsung.com/au/digitall/promotions/index.htm

http://www.samsung.com/au/digitall/promoti...tvpromotion.pdf

Thanks

Wow great deal getting a Samsung LA26R71WDX for free (selling for over $900)

Just went to Harvey Norman and Good Guys to look at a Samsung LA46F81BDX.

Neither had one on display yet (still promoting the M8) They though they may have them in in next couple of weeks.

H.N suggest they may be able to do a $3500 price and could order one in now.

Thanks

Wow great deal getting a Samsung LA26R71WDX for free (selling for over $900)

Just went to Harvey Norman and Good Guys to look at a Samsung LA46F81BDX.

Neither had one on display yet (still promoting the M8) They though they may have them in in next couple of weeks.

H.N suggest they may be able to do a $3500 price and could order one in now.

that is because the f81 series is not released yet, it i not even on there Australian website yet,

Just had confirmation that Game On do qualify as a participating reseller for the Samsung promotion.

Just select "Other" when you go through the redemption process.

Just had confirmation that Game On do qualify as a participating reseller for the Samsung promotion.

Just select "Other" when you go through the redemption process.

Great news :) Now if only i could find enough $$ to get one of these puppies! Minister for Finance is very understanding and happy for me to get one, but unforunately its me hwo worries about our new mortgage and finances etc haha