The Official Nintendo Wii Owners Thread

The classic controller doesn't have any motion sensing ability so no you can't shake the classic controller.

I'm assuming you can clear the game save slots, but I haven't played the new mario game yet so I can't confirm.

Check in the options, or have a read of the manual.

read the manual? :rolleyes:

and Thankyou for your words of Wisdom Oh Great Games Guru :wub::D

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, we've started all 3 game save slots but baby wants her own, so can we clear one? :rolleyes:

Well kids will kill you if they dont get their own save game slots

If you are serious you can transfer save file to an SD then PC that way you can have as many save files as you like

It is annoying to transfer back and forwards though.

At least do this once before clearing files if you have concerns

Well kids will kill you if they dont get their own save game slots

If you are serious you can transfer save file to an SD then PC that way you can have as many save files as you like

It is annoying to transfer back and forwards though.

At least do this once before clearing files if you have concerns

belive it or not she's over it :rolleyes:

don't laugh :o

me, Hubby and baby all got pissed off with the first castle in the second world and had to call in the boy :blush::rolleyes:

well i'm thinking of putting an extra classic controller in my layby tomorrow and was wondering if you can shake the classic conroller? :rolleyes:

As for classic controller IMO they are a poor investment. I have many games but have never required a classic controller

IMO wireless gamecube controllers a much better option. It usually applies to the same games and has more varied uses and cheaper (second hand new on ebay) and of course you can play classic gc games on the wii (mario kart double dash, Kelly slater surf, buffy, American truckers, powerpuff girls (well maybe not that many classics )

Hi everyone, I just got myself a Wii and have it connected to my LCD. I have been reading about Component cables which are supposed to make the picture better when running at 480P, do these cables make a big difference? People recommend the $4 cables from DealExtreme as they say they do same job as the $40 official Nintendo ones. What do people think? Anyone have any suggestions on some good cables for cheap?

Edited by ThePump

Hi everyone, I just got myself a Wii and have it connected to my LCD. I have been reading about Component cables which are supposed to make the picture better when running at 480P, do these cables make a big difference? People recommend the $4 cables from DealExtreme as they say they do same job as the $40 official Nintendo ones. What do people think? Anyone have any suggestions on some good cables for cheap?

They make a fair difference, it isn't exactly high definition but they're worth it.

I've got no idea how the DealExtreme ones go, I've only got the official one.

They make a fair difference, it isn't exactly high definition but they're worth it.

I've got no idea how the DealExtreme ones go, I've only got the official one.

Is there a different between $5 cables

and the more expensives ones? How much were the official Nintendo ones? Is there any deals on them ATM?

I got my WII component cable from Jaycar for $20, it's the best 20 i ever spent for the WII, the difference is like night and day. Even my wife, who at the time, couldnt tell the difference between blu-ray and DVD, said that there was a huge difference....

I got my WII component cable from Jaycar for $20, it's the best 20 i ever spent for the WII, the difference is like night and day. Even my wife, who at the time, couldnt tell the difference between blu-ray and DVD, said that there was a huge difference....

That sounds really good, are they with gold connectors? Does it make a difference if they are gold platted or not...

That sounds really good, are they with gold connectors? Does it make a difference if they are gold platted or not...

not sure for both of those questions, all i know is that i cannot complain about the improvement! just make sure you change the setting in the WII settings menu, it doesnt work automatcially

I bought the cheapest ones I could on Ebay (sorted from cheapest to dearest) can't remember now, maybe $13 delivered from asia a year ago

Yes I could instantly see a better picture. I would say 20% sharper

best investment ever

IMO gold plated are better as they don't tarnish and you will get a better connection overall

but any old connector will work, if you can tell the difference I will eat my wii and if you ever notice a bad signal a twist will do the trick,

Try not to touch connectors when you plug it in

My recommendation try to find the cheapest one you can get. As long as the cable is within 5m length the difference in quality is hardly noticeable. Most people won't even be able to notice the difference. Gold plated also won't help picture quality - most of them only marketing gimmick.

• 3 weeks later...
My recommendation try to find the cheapest one you can get. As long as the cable is within 5m length the difference in quality is hardly noticeable. Most people won't even be able to notice the difference. Gold plated also won't help picture quality - most of them only marketing gimmick.

Sounds like we have all established that any cable will do.

I bought the cheapest ones I could on Ebay (sorted from cheapest to dearest) can't remember now, maybe $13 delivered from asia a year ago

Yes I could instantly see a better picture. I would say 20% sharper

best investment ever

I just got component cables for my panasonic plasma.

Not a huge difference but for $6 from ebay, it's well worth it.

Wii Sports actually looks pretty good.

I think getting the panasonic plasma makes wii sports look better than what it should be.

• 4 weeks later...

Nintendo has a few freebie Wiiware trial downloads for the Wii ATM

Pokemon Rumble etc

On that note I really hate the downloading percentage status Nintendo use. 3 blocks, grrrr!

I can only watch a mario bro run across the screen so many times

Nintendo has a few freebie Wiiware trial downloads for the Wii ATM

Pokemon Rumble etc

On that note I really hate the downloading percentage status Nintendo use. 3 blocks, grrrr!

I can only watch a mario bro run across the screen so many times

sorry i don't use the wii store much.. how do i DL the free stuff??