Hdmi Cables For D T V Members

Guest EZYHD

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo.. Just got back from the post office.. It took a bit of convincing that they had my package but eventually they found it. Apparently they mis-categorized it and didn't put it with the platinum packages.

So I just received my 1 x 10 metre and 1 x 3 metre cable. All looks great. My TV will be arriving in about 30 minutes too ;)

Thanks again Foxy and Mrs Foxy.. Brilliant service.. The hiccup I endured was nothing to do with your service.. it was the post office at fault, and has now been sorted out.

Guest EZYHD
Woohoo.. Just got back from the post office.. It took a bit of convincing that they had my package but eventually they found it. Apparently they mis-categorized it and didn't put it with the platinum packages.

So I just received my 1 x 10 metre and 1 x 3 metre cable. All looks great. My TV will be arriving in about 30 minutes too ;)

Thanks again Foxy and Mrs Foxy.. Brilliant service.. The hiccup I endured was nothing to do with your service.. it was the post office at fault, and has now been sorted out.

Great news for you.

Had the odd one or two go missing in action only ever lost one completly (a 1m) but this is the 1st "platinum". So now it will be an exciting day for you, enjoy.

Before buying a TV, I'd read plenty of differing opinions about HDMI cables, including those who claim HDMI is HDMI is HDMI, and as it's digital either it works or it doesn't - I certainly tended towards that end of the opinion spectrum.

I wasn't tempted towards the extortionate prices for 'monster' HDMI cables, so when my HD LCD arrived last week, I grabbed a pair of cheap as chips HDMI cables from the local computer store (I'm embarassed to say $10 each), plus a DVI-HDMI adapter. The output from my HTPC was instantly sharper than over VGA, but when watching fast moving fullscreen video, patterns of green sparkles would appear onscreen, at random times, somethign I hadn't seen over an analog connection.

Cables ordered on Thursday, arrived Monday morning. Sparkles are gone, the computer image is now perfect. Another happy customer.

thanks,

Hugh

Guest EZYHD
Before buying a TV, I'd read plenty of differing opinions about HDMI cables, including those who claim HDMI is HDMI is HDMI, and as it's digital either it works or it doesn't - I certainly tended towards that end of the opinion spectrum.

I wasn't tempted towards the extortionate prices for 'monster' HDMI cables, so when my HD LCD arrived last week, I grabbed a pair of cheap as chips HDMI cables from the local computer store (I'm embarassed to say $10 each), plus a DVI-HDMI adapter. The output from my HTPC was instantly sharper than over VGA, but when watching fast moving fullscreen video, patterns of green sparkles would appear onscreen, at random times, somethign I hadn't seen over an analog connection.

Cables ordered on Thursday, arrived Monday morning. Sparkles are gone, the computer image is now perfect. Another happy customer.

thanks,

Hugh

Good news all round then Hugh, there's nothing like a happy customer!.

Order 4 more cables today to hook up the new Samsung Full-HD plasma that will be delivered on Saturday. I still have one more HDMI cable to upgrade a 15 meters cable used to hook up my projector to my system. Thanks Foxy.

Guest EZYHD
Order 4 more cables today to hook up the new Samsung Full-HD plasma that will be delivered on Saturday. I still have one more HDMI cable to upgrade a 15 meters cable used to hook up my projector to my system. Thanks Foxy.
Loving my new TV, and the cables are great.
Mine arrived today as well - quick and very well packaged.

Will have to wait for the tv to be delivered now before I can give any feedback but if the service is anything to go by then the quality of the cables should be great.

Thanks foxy.

Thank you guys for your kind comments, its very much appreciated from an old codger like me!.

hi i'm not sure if this is the right place or not...

but i've plugged in my HDTV (that has HDCP) into my computer via VGA (on a 9600GT with HDCP) and tried to play HD-DVD's through my 360 add-on but it goes to play and i see a frame or two in good quality but then it just stops

i'm wondering if this is because i have my PC connected via VGA and not HDMI, would this be the case?

and if i bought an internal drive for my PC would this still be an issue?

but i've plugged in my HDTV (that has HDCP) into my computer via VGA (on a 9600GT with HDCP) and tried to play HD-DVD's through my 360 add-on but it goes to play and i see a frame or two in good quality but then it just stops

i'm wondering if this is because i have my PC connected via VGA and not HDMI, would this be the case?

Hi, its the wrong place for this question.

There would be a more suitable thread to post this in. as people here are only buying cables.

I cant help so i wont try and answer it

Guest EZYHD

Hi, its the wrong place for this question.

There would be a more suitable thread to post this in. as people here are only buying cables.

I cant help so i wont try and answer it

Was thinking the same myself.

This would be a more appropriate forum, there are some real knowledgeable people over there.

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showforum=7

Just got my cables, great packaging and the cables look like they are high quality. Won't be able to test until my LX508 turns up sometime in the next fortnight, will post my results then. Thanks for the prompt delivery, I have let others know about your site so expect some more orders soon ;)

Foxy,

Finally got around to getting the Pioneer 608, Onkyo 905, PS3, Xbox 360, DTR7200 and IQ box installed yesterday using your cables with the work done by Mark from CAVX and Chris and his crew at Automated Concepts. After having to wait since March because of a house move etc I'm very happy to say all is working perfectly and the cables are indeed great quality, and a terrific price. Nice one mate, I will definitely get more as the need arises.

Cheers Al

Received my cables today, packaged really well. Now gotta wait for the tv to arrive.

Will leave feedback again once cables have been tested.

Thanks foxtail

Edited by powerrangers