Wow - Pj On Display In Perth

I just had to start this thread.

Went for a wonder in West Coast HiFI in Midland the other day and was blown away by their PJ room. Unfortunatelly all the staff were busy so I couldn't get the details of the stuff that was running. They must have a 200" screen on display (it's the biggest I've seen) and PJ running covering the whole screen. I couldn't see the brand name or model on the PJ anywhere but was all hooked up with HDMI to HD DVD player running Mission Impossible 3. Must have a nice short throw lens also.

The quality and picture size are the best I've seen. I must say the whole store actually looks nice and no i have nothing to do with the company.

Just wandered if anyone else has seen this otherwise I will ring up monday to get some info on the beast.

I just had to start this thread.

Went for a wonder in West Coast HiFI in Midland the other day and was blown away by their PJ room. Unfortunatelly all the staff were busy so I couldn't get the details of the stuff that was running. They must have a 200" screen on display (it's the biggest I've seen) and PJ running covering the whole screen. I couldn't see the brand name or model on the PJ anywhere but was all hooked up with HDMI to HD DVD player running Mission Impossible 3. Must have a nice short throw lens also.

The quality and picture size are the best I've seen. I must say the whole store actually looks nice and no i have nothing to do with the company.

Just wandered if anyone else has seen this otherwise I will ring up monday to get some info on the beast.

Yes, i use these guys regularlly and they are very helpful and have a good setup.

I think the West Coast Hi Fi shops in Midland and Cannington are associated. Staff seem to float between the two stores.

They may be franchised by the same guy.

They are, noticed that when i went to go and see the 4308 the salesman told me he is usually from midland.They have partners involved.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the setup they have there at Midland will retail around the $100k mark (it is a sight to be seen) this is the Projector they are using - Dream Vision. Running a Denon 4308. Can't remember the AMP and Speakers they were using, but sounded awesome!!

Edited by Trigg

Well the setup they have there at Midland will retail around the $100k mark (it is a sight to be seen) this is the Projector they are using - Dream Vision. Running a Denon 4308. Can't remember the AMP and Speakers they were using, but sounded awesome!!

Hi Trigg

We saw the Dreambee at Ehome quite a few months ago, just before I got my JVC delivered

It is a JVC clone with a better quieter case and bigger price tag

Hi Trigg

We saw the Dreambee at Ehome quite a few months ago, just before I got my JVC delivered

It is a JVC clone with a better quieter case and bigger price tag

yeah remember the dreambee at ehome too. a real batmobile looking thing !.

the addititional cost also for maybe the gennum vxp processor, pus think it also comes with more picture controls too ? maybe an option for someone after a jvc like pj but with a bit more tweakability ?. there appears to be a pro version of the bee as well.

the dream bee throw a bit more light than the jvc ? specs on projectorcentral saying the dream bee does 1000 ansi lumens vs 700 for the jvc ?

yeah remember the dreambee at ehome too. a real batmobile looking thing !.

the addititional cost also for maybe the gennum vxp processor, pus think it also comes with more picture controls too ? maybe an option for someone after a jvc like pj but with a bit more tweakability ?. there appears to be a pro version of the bee as well.

the dream bee throw a bit more light than the jvc ? specs on projectorcentral saying the dream bee does 1000 ansi lumens vs 700 for the jvc ?

Al, I am sure it is plain vanilla underneath the citroener looks

The pro just adds a VP50 IIRC

Spec sheets are put out by the marketing boys I recall

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....hlight=dreambee

also cineversum blackwing is oem with different case ( also quieter than HD1)